The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets

+14
pioden gorllewin
gowales
Ifandorbut
Rory_Gallagher
SubsBench
maestegmafia
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
Morgannwg
Seagultaf
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Smirnoffpriest
ScarletSpiderman
LordDowlais
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets

The Llanelli based and West Wales region had yet another year of highs and lows for the duration of 2011/12 season. Great away wins in their Heineken Cup campaign against Northampton Saints and Castres, progressing to the quarter finals in the Amlin, progressing to the semi-finals in the LV Cup were all steps in the right direction and improvement on previous seasons, proof that Nigel Davies’ plan for progression was working. The one slight glitch was yet again finishing 5th in the RaboDirect Pro 12, agonisingly short yet again of a play-off spot. And when you look back at some of the results, the draw at home against Munster being a standout, then the Scarlets in the league at least, look to have underachieved.

The summer has been an interesting time for the Scarlets, with the quiet murmur of new signings (Kristian Phillips and Gareth Owens moving over from the Ospreys, George Earle heading to the land of the Sospan from South Africa, Tomás Vallejos moving from Harlequins) being overshadowed by the news of Nigel Davies’ departure. The man who had given 28 years, as a player then as a coach, to the West Wales side, announced his shock departure to Gloucester. Up steps Scarlets legend Simon Easterby to take the reins.

Easterby has already had two seasons of being the Scarlets’ defence coach (and in his second year making huge improvements), he’s a past Scarlets captain and a hugely respected individual in the Scarlets set up. But does he have what it takes to make the step up as head coach? Press conferences show him in a favourable light, but nervous times are ahead as the Scarlets, who should have been viewing this as the year they finally delivered some silverware, might yet again be forced into viewing this as another building season.

The departures of old heads such as Stephen Jones and Sean Lamont to new clubs and of Iestyn and Rhys Thomas to injury forced retirement could have a bigger impact than many even suspect. The Scarlets, much vaunted for their belief in giving younger players a chance, may have inadvertently gone too far in the wrong direction. They are left in the backs with their oldest player being a mere 27 years of age in Morgan Stoddart. They have lost 3 of their locks and only so far recruited two replacements (one of which the Argentinian Vallejos will miss a large chunk of the season due to international obligations). They are still to recruit a replacement prop – for either side of the scrum. They have lost Stephen Jones, and have limited back up at 10 for when Rhys Priestland will inevitably be away in the Wales camp.

It is facts like that that can send a slight shiver of unease through even the most ardent of Scarlets fan, yet there are glimmers of hope too. A second row pairing of Earle and Timani has the potential to be the boiler house workforce the Scarlets have been missing. Wise recruitment in the backs can now ensure squad cover for when Gatland comes calling. And the academy, as ever, is set again for another season of producing start. The under 20’s front row of Rob Evans, Kirby Myhill and Samson Lee will be pushing for game time. Flanker Dan Thomas, such a highlight of the Junior Rugby World Cup that saw Wales dish out New Zealand’s first ever defeat in the competition, will be eager to impress. The LV cup is likely where these youngsters will get their chance to shine, but it’s their energy, commitment, drive and competition for places that can really help spur on this young Scarlets squad. Add to that the recruitment of a new forwards coach, Danny Wilson, who is fresh from taking the Wales U20’s side to their best ever Junior Rugby World Cup result by finishing 3rd then there is a lot for the Scarlets to be positive about.

The fixtures for next season were announced just today. Scarlets have Leinster, current Heineken champions, first up, at home. They can face no sterner test. As tends to happen in the Pro 12 it will be unlikely that either side will be able to field their star players (the likes of North, Prietland and Davies will have to wait to re-prove their worth) but it will be a chance for those quality players within the squad to really show how much they want that Scarlets shirt for their own. In the Pro 12 it is the strength of your squad that will see you through to the play offs. Leinster have long mastered this aspect, the Scarlets have long been falling just short. Can this be the season they put it right?

In the first month of the new season, three of their matches will be against teams that did what they could not last season and made it to the playoffs. Leinster, Glasgow and the Opsreys. Add in there an away trip to Connacht which the Scarlets can never seem to win and it’s one of the toughest beginnings to a season the Scarlets, or indeed any side, could face.

Confidence, despite some points of alarm, seems to be high at the Scarlets. A new head coach, some bright new faces, and a real desire to right last season’s wrongs would indicate that this is a group of young, determined men set out to do nothing but win. And no one can deny the talent they have. Time and again they’ve come close to beating the top sides and fallen just short. This season is the one where they must progress. This season they have to finally learn how to close out tight matches. Fail to do that, and I for one see yet another season of being the almost team, the team that’s just short, the team that’s always second best.

Make no doubt of it, reaching the Pro-12 play-offs has to be their aim, and they are definitely a side that is capable. Whether or not they can learn from previous season’s mistakes? I for one think they will, but one thing’s for sure, it’s going to be one hell of a season finding out.

My players to watch: Rhodri Jones, Ken Owens, Liam Williams, George Earle, Rob McCusker.

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:38 am

New Scarlets kit announced - http://www.scarlets.co.uk/news/5080.php

Gotta say I like that the home kit is sticking to the same style as previous ones, having some form of dragon style, and keeping some fo the regional things, like the Sospan Fach lyrics and (I think) the Yma o Hyd reference.

But I really dislike the away kit, it isn't even much of an away kit as the colour (brown) isn't that distinctive to the home (red), it looks very boring as well.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro 12 Season Preview: Scarlets

Post by gowales Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

I prefer last years kit but yea it's pretty good, agree with you about the away shirt.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:14 pm

personally think i prefer the away kit, something a bit different. guess can't really tell until you see them in the flesh. hopefully i'll get a look at them in the royal welsh next week if they are on show.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

The thing I find strange is that if we play someone in red (like Munster) then our home kit will clash as it's red, but our away kit will also clash quite a bit as it's a similar sort of shade. So we'll be forcing the other side (Munster in this case) to switch kits - but it does seem silly - would much rather something quite a bit different like Navy, green or even 'squares/checkers' in maybe brown and green?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:40 pm

I must say, as man who comes from the valley's but does spend a lot of time in Pembrokeshire is the vast amount of Scarlets shirts I am now seeing there. At one time you would not see a Llanelli or Scarlets top anywhere further west than Carmarthen, but all of a sudden everyone down there are wearing them. Either the support is growing or the marketing team down at Parc Y Scarlets are doing a stand up job in making the jerseys appeal to the armchair supporter. Either way it can only be good for the Scarlets. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I must say, as man who comes from the valley's but does spend a lot of time in Pembrokeshire is the vast amount of Scarlets shirts I am now seeing there. At one time you would not see a Llanelli or Scarlets top anywhere further west than Carmarthen, but all of a sudden everyone down there are wearing them. Either the support is growing or the marketing team down at Parc Y Scarlets are doing a stand up job in making the jerseys appeal to the armchair supporter. Either way it can only be good for the Scarlets. Ale

There was a time when you would not see rugby shirts full stop, now you see them from all four regions. That said the inclusion of Tommo on Radio Pembrokeshire, and the Western Mail praising the local (Pembs and boarders) lads in the Scarelts/Welsh setup the profile of rugby has risen. Also there are a number who are more than just arm chair supporters, and seeing as we have a harder trip to see our region than those in Ponty do I think that should not be forgotten.

Also on the new shirt, not too sure I like it. It is pretty similar to last season.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

SS - Am I right in saying that, besides Tommo, there's been a greater Scarlets presence in Pembrokeshire and more players going down there and things like that?

Lord Dowlais - Rupert Moon seems to be doing a really good job with the Scarlets marketing and there seems to be a lot more initiatives and a bigger presence with the Scarlets recently. I really like the 'Hearts and Soul' rugby idea and a few of the other things that have been done.

My only complaint is the absence of season ticket promotions like the Ospryes/Blues have been doing. That would have brought a real buzz and maybe brought substantially more season ticket holders than ever before.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 22 Jul 2012, 8:57 am

Smirnoff - I am not too sure there has been a greater scarlets presence, as i remember llanelli rfc training in milford, and coming to the county shows etc. However there does seem to be more interest in having them come. Pembroke Dock Quins used to use their links with Jon Thomas to try and get Ospreys players to come to their age grade end of season awards, whereas now they try to get the scarlets involved instead.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 22 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

Cheers SS - well at least it appears to be having greater impact now which is good. Lets hope it continues and we connect more with the Pembrokeshire fans

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm

Have you guys release Iolo Evans to London Welsh...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:05 am

I think they've reached their 'non-english' limit. He may have just been contracted for the JP Sevens.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:16 am

Morgannwg wrote:I think they've reached their 'non-english' limit. He may have just been contracted for the JP Sevens.

I heard the commentator said he was a new signing

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:49 am

Morgannwg wrote:I think they've reached their 'non-english' limit. He may have just been contracted for the JP Sevens.

I asked some Jeff fans about the NEQ limit and they said there is no such thing as it is illegal restriction of trade/work. They have a commitment to feild an average of 15 EQ players in the match day 23 in order to obtain funding, but no limits as such.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:13 am

Either way the lAd is another great product of the Scarlets Academy hopefully with a big future ahead of him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:38 am

My understanding from the JP Sevens thread is that LW had mostly invitational players with only 1 registered LW player.

I'd really hope that Iolo stays with us, and seeing as apparently LW aren't signing Barrie Davies because of the EQ matchday quota then I'd be suprised if they signed Iolo over Barrie.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

According to Scarlet Fever we are rumoured to have sold 6,800 season tickets.

If true then that is very good and would hopefully increase when the signings are announced.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

LV cup announced - we've got Worcester (A), Sale (A), Blues (H), Leicester (H)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:LV cup announced - we've got Worcester (A), Sale (A), Blues (H), Leicester (H)

So we get to beat the might Tigers again!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

I was in Tenby last week. The sports shop their had plenty off Ospreys stuff, a splatter of Scarlets kit and a Cardiff Blues top. Un-suprisingly no NGD's stuff.

A lot of people wandering round in Opsreys tops but I guess they were tourists. The pubs had Scarlet's shirt beer mats
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

Hey dreamer! I saw you did previews of Leinster and Munster- are you gonna do one for Ulster?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

Notch wrote:Hey dreamer! I saw you did previews of Leinster and Munster- are you gonna do one for Ulster?
She did?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:39 pm

Yes! I hope Dreamer won't mind me posting this link to her blog;

http://cornelsiobhan.wordpress.com/
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

munkian wrote:I was in Tenby last week. The sports shop their had plenty off Ospreys stuff, a splatter of Scarlets kit and a Cardiff Blues top. Un-suprisingly no NGD's stuff.

A lot of people wandering round in Opsreys tops but I guess they were tourists. The pubs had Scarlet's shirt beer mats

You will find a fair few Ospreys shirts south of the Cleddau river, Pembroke Dock, Tenby etc due to Jon Thomas being an Osprey, and also a few more up in the Preselli Mountains as they have traditionally been Neath fans. However the numbers of Scarlets in those areas have been increasing season on season.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

Notch wrote:Yes! I hope Dreamer won't mind me posting this link to her blog;

Thanks bud OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:16 am

Notch wrote:Yes! I hope Dreamer won't mind me posting this link to her blog;

Very good blog fairplay, enjoyable Munster, Dragons and Blues reads to go along with the Ospreys and Scarlets ones she's posted on here (sorry haven't got round to reading the Leinster one yet)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

Notch wrote:Hey dreamer! I saw you did previews of Leinster and Munster- are you gonna do one for Ulster?

She's now put up an Ulster preview!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:44 am

Iestyn Thomas' testimonial is August 25th against London Welsh 2.30pm

I think it's part of the fixture of friendlies we had planned. But it's good to know that he's getting a testimonial as no-one deserves it more

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

Just confirmed my 1st season ticket - a flexi one as I can't guarentee going to all the games, but I'll be there for at least 8 (unless they put loads on on a Friday night Shocked and then I won't be able to get back from there!).

Am quite excited now and am still hopeful about getting some new signings in. Ymlaen Scarlets!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 28 Jul 2012, 8:08 pm

Stoddart nears return from injury

http://www.espnscrum.com/rabodirect-pro12-2012-13/rugby/story/167745.html

Apparently Stodds thinks he'll be back for the start of the season, but will have a rod in his leg for the rest of his life, and still hasn't started any physical training yet. Hope he's ok and they take it slow with him

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 28 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Iestyn Thomas' testimonial is August 25th against London Welsh 2.30pm

I think it's part of the fixture of friendlies we had planned. But it's good to know that he's getting a testimonial as no-one deserves it more

Should be a cracking game mate... Iestyn has been an excellent servant to Welsh rugby over his career.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 28 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

Yup and according to my old man all the proceeds from Iestyn's testimonial year (last season and this game) are going to charity

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 28 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

Good bloke.

Any news on where his future might go?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 28 Jul 2012, 10:21 pm

He's coaching the Dragons forwards (or maybe he's just scrum coach) which is really good, I'm glad he's still in the game as he's a nice guy, a legend for the Scarlets and seems to be a really intelligent player/person.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 28 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

Good news. Hopefully the dragons will benefit from his experience and carry on their annual improvement.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 28 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

Yeah fingers crossed it goes well for both parties - he's still going to be a massive miss in the Scarlets front row.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

Yes but it also leaves a massive opportunity for one of the young lads to stand up and prove his worth.

With Lee gaining a very good contract it could see Rodriguez jones stay on his preferred side of the scrum.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:58 pm

Rodriguez Jones - I like it! It'll help Cinalli feel more at home! LOL

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:30 am

Wales hooker Matthew Rees says he is targeting a second Lions tour at the end of next season – and believes a clean slate on the injury front can see him achieve it.

Rees’ 2011-12 campaign was ruined by first a neck injury that forced him out of the World Cup, and then a calf problem which prevented him playing in three out of the five Six Nations clashes.

The former national captain returned to feature in the closing two Grand Slam games against Italy and France, and then finished the summer tour whitewash against Australia as first choice once again.

Rees is honest enough to admit his form suffered because of the regular physical setbacks, but says if he can put those behind him, with a full pre-season schedule a priority, then he can rediscover the powers that made him a Lions Test star in South Africa in 2009.

“It’s going to be interesting and, for me, that’s the end goal, the Lions,” he said.

“My form (last season) was pretty frustrating.

“It was just a case of getting through the season after having the neck operation then missing the opening of the Six Nations because of a calf injury.

“I was playing catch-up all season. Missing pre-season training, because of my neck, didn’t help me.

“I came back and was playing more or less straight-away because the season was well underway.

“The main aim was to play but the injuries and missing the World Cup knocked me down a few pegs.”

So former Pontypridd and Celtic Warriors ace Rees knows he has to hit the ground running this season, take control of the Wales No.2 jersey, and be at his best if he is to have any chance of being Lions Test hooker in Australia next summer.

First, though, he has to see off the considerable challenge of Wales rival Ken Owens, Wales Under-20 final skipper Kirby Myhill and Emyr Phillips at the Scarlets.

“I have got a lot on my hands with Ken, Emyr and Kirby,” acknowledged Rees.

“I know I am capable of nailing down the No.2 spot.

“There may be a Lions tour at the end of next season, but I have to take it a game at a time.

“The playing field wasn’t level last season because I was playing catch-up. But I am confident, if I have a good pre-season, I can get back to my best.”

Rees reckons the Lions series with Tri-Nations champions and World Cup bronze medallists Australia will be a “belter”.

Wales went down 3-0 to the Wallabies last month, but should have won the second Test and had chances in the first and third.

“We know how close we came, but there’s plenty of rugby to be played and we can’t look too far down the line,” warned the 54-times capped forward.

As for the Scarlets, Rees is aware he will not have stalwarts Iestyn Thomas and Rhys Thomas alongside him next term, their careers ended by injury and illness respectively.

“Iestyn was an outstanding servant, not just for the Scarlets but for Wales and for rugby,” said Rees of his pal.

“He played some of his best rugby towards the end of his career but, unfortunately, didn’t get as many caps as he deserved.

“He will definitely be missed here, but that’s rugby, players come and go. But we have a lot of good boys coming through.

“Our back-line is probably one of the best in the RaboDirect Pro12, if not Europe, and the big challenge for us, as a pack, is to get them good ball.

“It’s been frustrating for us the last few seasons. For a number of years we have used the term development as a way out for not winning silverware.

“As much as the players and staff here need some silverware, we want to bring some success for our supporters. They deserve it because they’re great.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/07/31/matthew-rees-targeting-lions-tour-after-injury-ravaged-season-91466-31510933/#ixzz22GlkXFxi

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:31 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Rodriguez Jones - I like it! It'll help Cinalli feel more at home! LOL
Ha ha ha... Apple struggle with welsh words...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:32 am

Rhodriguez maybe...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 01 Aug 2012, 2:38 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Yeah it is fair play to him - I was really looking forward to seeing how far he'd go with the Scarlets - but for some idiotic reason we axed him in a really unprofessional manner

That's not true. Matt's agent screwed up by trying to get a bigger contract. The Scarlets couldn't match what his agent asked for and let him go.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:19 pm

Not sure where to post this, so this thread will have to do. Anyone know if there is such a thing as a 9-3 LLanelli V All Blacks DVD? A bloke at work has asked me to look into it for him, and I have come up blank but you lot may know more than me.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:39 pm

Again not sure where to post.

Addition season ticket bonus-:

"As part of the Scarlets' 2012-13 Leisure Pass, exclusively available to all Season Ticket members, we're pleased to announce that the Scarlets, in conjunction with the FAW, are offering free entry to Wales v Bosnia-Herzegovina at Parc y Scarlets."

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/5100.php
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:00 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Again not sure where to post.

Addition season ticket bonus-:

"As part of the Scarlets' 2012-13 Leisure Pass, exclusively available to all Season Ticket members, we're pleased to announce that the Scarlets, in conjunction with the FAW, are offering free entry to Wales v Bosnia-Herzegovina at Parc y Scarlets."

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/5100.php

Great to see all these initiatives.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:11 am

Good interview of Rob McCusker here by a 10 year old! http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/14383.php

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:06 pm

8 Scarlets touring South Africa with the U18s Wales team http://www.scarlets.co.uk/news/5102.php

They'll be playing SA, England and France over 9 days

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:11 pm

Is 8 more than the other three could contribute?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:29 pm

It's a squad of 27 so it's more than at least one of the regions, I'll check the link but I think it maybe the most by 1

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:31 pm

No surprise anyway. The Scarlets in the recent U20s team were also the best players.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

Just checked and like I thought it was pretty close with the blues 6, ospreys 7, dragons .

I didn't post the link to say that the Scarlets academy was much better than anyone elses, as all the regional academies are doing well with exciting players in the pipeline.

I thought it was interesting that Wales were taking the U18s on a tour to play 3 big nations in SA, and also to show the next wave of talent coming through

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next