The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring?

+7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
horizontalhero
sittingringside
bellchees
Valero's Conscience
88Chris05
monty junior
11 posters

Go down

Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring? Empty Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring?

Post by monty junior Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

Watched a few of his fight's this morning, against big punchers like Lewis and Buster Douglas and at no point despite both landing some pretty flush right hand's did he even blink. Interestingly he said the hardest punch he took was from any boxer was Bert Cooper, followed by Tyson,Bruno and Buster Douglas but except possibly against Bruno in round 1 i can't remember him ever even being stopped in his tracks. His chin truly is a freak of nature, i'd only back Foreman to put him down with a sustained beating.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring? Empty Re: Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring?

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

Can't remember seeing him seriously dazed in the few fights I've watched of him over the years, I have to say. The man had a chin forged in hell. Mad as a hatter, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring? Empty Re: Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring?

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

His chin was unreal, when you watch his 2nd lewis fight when he went doolaly, Lewis was just punching him and McCall couldn't really care!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:07 pm

I can't think of him ever being hurt. I haven't seen any of his recent fights but someone should be able to put a dent in him seeing as he is in his late 40's.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:24 pm

He seemed quite hurt emotionally during the Lewis fight.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:46 am

He's served quite a few months behind bars, so it's possible I suppose.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:59 am

I know. Best chin in boxing

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

The closest rival to chuvalo in the granite chin stakes.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:30 am

"He seemed hurt emotionally before the Lewis fight"..

He used to do that a lot...seemed to get him in the mood...

As I recall he was acting up before Buster...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:46 am

I remember several years ago reading about this journeyman called Marion Wilson who must have one of the best chins going. Hes been in with a host of big hitters and only ever been stopped on a cut once in 41 losses. He fought well into his 40s.

His record is 12-41-4. Its actually all the more impressive given he must be pretty hopeless.

Hes gone the distance with: McCall, Thunder, Peter, Thompson, Rahman, Donald, Maskaev, Page, Sanders, Ibeabuchi, Norris, Golota, Briggs, Kirk Johnson, Mercer, Biggs and Botha. Most of those guys can seriously punch and never managed to stop him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:50 am

Wouldn't rule him out as a Klit opponent the way it's going!!

Sounds like a heavyweight... Bruce "the mouse" Strauss

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

Has Oliver McCall ever looked hurt in the ring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMHjfZW-DRM

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

That's one way to hurt McCall anyway

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down