The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Camp

+8
twelve283
GB1919
Number-25
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Thomond
cherriesfna
GSC
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Training Camp Empty Training Camp

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:09 pm

Eagles camp opens today Yahoo

So post in here all the camp standouts etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VAMQF8vnNo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Training Camp Empty Re: Training Camp

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HAWKS
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

I think Bucs fans will be taught how to Dougie by the end of camp. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Odd how some threads get more discussion then others Whistle

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:00 pm

Thomond wrote:I think Bucs fans will be taught how to Dougie by the end of camp. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Might be because some of us don't care for the Bucs Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:02 pm

Olly wrote:
Thomond wrote:I think Bucs fans will be taught how to Dougie by the end of camp. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Might be because some of us don't care for the Bucs Whistle
it was proved, its all about seattle
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:13 pm

I don't really care about Seattle either
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

I don't care about Seattle. I thin kpeople have to chip in if they want this place to be a vibrant community, some threads aren't exactly a great endorsement to the forum.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:57 pm

yet my hawks post got almost 50 comments Whistle
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Because you made some outrageous and homerish claims
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:04 pm

like what?
all i said is legit
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

Haha! Legit? Most of your claims were just plain loopy.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

like what they are all good claims
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

Your first paragraph is the most homerish. Any neutral can see Matt Flynn may have put up big numbers vs Detroit but it was a home game were neither team had anything to play for. Plus, he was throwing at Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley, and was handing off to Grant, Starks and Kuhn. He will struggle in Seattle like Kolb in Arizona.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:26 pm

It's probably a bit harsh to judge the forum on the last couple of months or so - it's the NFL's downtime. Nothing much happens between the draft and training camps so there's often not much to talk about. The fact that a lot of the journos that cover the NFL seem to take their holidays during this time of year speaks volumes. The most signinficant things that seem to have happened the last couple of months are players getting arrested. If there's not much going on, people aren't going to feel the need to come on to discuss it.

Having said that, I'm going to have to find this Seattle post that seems to have sparked so much debate!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:Your first paragraph is the most homerish. Any neutral can see Matt Flynn may have put up big numbers vs Detroit but it was a home game were neither team had anything to play for. Plus, he was throwing at Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley, and was handing off to Grant, Starks and Kuhn. He will struggle in Seattle like Kolb in Arizona.

imo handing off to lynch, turbin and robinson is a lot better and jennings wasnt playing, alsoif those WR are soogood how come rodger couldnt blast franchise records, also Green Bays in the greatestQB school in all the league, also flynn has been learning from rodgers for like 3 years
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

Aaron Rodgers was the league MVP...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

aswellas that,flynn was the only QB on the seahawks roster who could throw a reciever open in minicamp.
theQB competition is just a smokescreen, carroll always does this competition thing,its to bring the bestout of evryone
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:12 pm

**** he did well at minicamp.

Might as well call the season now
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

I guess when the alternative is Tarvaris Jackson, you're going to feel good about Matt Flynn...

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:33 pm

The obvious thing that may result in Seattle regaining the crown is improved Qb play, last year Seattle incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson went 7-7 in his 14 starts( Charlie Whitehurst a.k.a Clipboard Jesus went 0-2 in his 2 starts). even though T-Jax didn’t have a losing record, it wasn't a winning one either. here steps in Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson. matt Flynn led the GB packers to a win in his only start last year against the Detroit Lions, doesn’t sound that impressive does it?, lets also throw in the 480 yards and 6 Touchdowns, impressive isn’t it? Matt Flynn doesn’t have to play to this level, nay half this level to be an improvement on Tarvaris Jackson. This performance may have earnt him the $21 million 3 year deal with Seattle, which will hopefully pay off, however if this doesn’t pay-off and Flynn is a bust then there is Russell Wilson. Wilson broke NCAA record while in his final season with the Wisconsin Badger throwing for 33 Touchdown to only 4 Interceptions , however due to his height (5,11) he didn't seem a round 1 pick, although Drew brees who hold the record for Passing yards in a season is only 6ft, 3 CMs taller than Wilson, it is expected that Wilson will sit out the first few years and learn behind Flynn and T-Jax, however if called upon Wilson should be capable of being a QB in the NFl.

what there is at allhomerish?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:38 pm

Cherries, do you remember Federico Macheda? He had a couple of games where he was brilliant. Where is he now? I'll tell you where, on the Man United reserve team after his loan spell at QPR, and he couldn't even get a start there!
Matt Flynn could go the same way. He might be brilliant but he'll most likely be nowhere near his one off vs Detroit.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:39 pm

Number-25 wrote:It's probably a bit harsh to judge the forum on the last couple of months or so - it's the NFL's downtime. Nothing much happens between the draft and training camps so there's often not much to talk about. The fact that a lot of the journos that cover the NFL seem to take their holidays during this time of year speaks volumes. The most signinficant things that seem to have happened the last couple of months are players getting arrested. If there's not much going on, people aren't going to feel the need to come on to discuss it.

Having said that, I'm going to have to find this Seattle post that seems to have sparked so much debate!

I'd agree completely with this. I've barely posted at all here since the draft because nothing happens during the offseason so there's very little to get excited about (sorry Cherries minicamps really mean nothing, and as a Packers fan I want to see Flynn do well but he's hardly the Second Coming). Also during the summer I tend to switch my attention to Baseball. However the past few weeks I've been getting ridiculously excited for the return of the NFL and my bet would be that the boards liven up again very quickly. Fantasy Football also seemed to help people check in a lot during the season last year, can't wait to get stuck into that again.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:39 pm

Matt Flynn has played 2 games in the NFL. 2 games. He will be Kevin Kolb v2
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:06 pm

even if you dont belive my claims and im sticking by them, at least theycause dsome debate
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm

Number-25 wrote:It's probably a bit harsh to judge the forum on the last couple of months or so - it's the NFL's downtime. Nothing much happens between the draft and training camps so there's often not much to talk about. The fact that a lot of the journos that cover the NFL seem to take their holidays during this time of year speaks volumes. The most signinficant things that seem to have happened the last couple of months are players getting arrested. If there's not much going on, people aren't going to feel the need to come on to discuss it.

Bingo - my thoughts exactly.

We can’t really expect 100s of replies for each thread, especially around this time of the year. Many of the most recent topics are essentially news bulletins, I mean how much discussion can you have about DUIs? I don’t have a problem with people posting news but perhaps we could have a single thread to post it in? I will always favour a single thread for each topic, it keeps the forum tidy and all the information is in one place.

I do think some threads haven't got the response they deserved but I expect traffic to pick up between now and the start of the new season, it’s the same for many of the AF forums around the web.

We've hijacked GSC's TC thread to discuss this unfortunately so apologies for that.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:16 pm

The big question with Flynn is whether or not he's just going to be a system QB. No way of knowing that at this stage. It's dangerous to read too much into the Detroit game in which he did so well last year. Given Seattle's other options for this season though, I can well understand which they've chosen to give him a decent contract. Couldn't go with Jackson again, couldn't get Manning, couldn't get Luck or RG3. Flynn was the next best thing available this offseason so well done them for getting him.

Will he be any good in Seattle. Who knows? But I can understand Seattle fans feeling optimistic. Be warned though, as a Skins fan, I know the feeling of getting excited about a new QB just cos he's not the last guy who had the job!!! I've been there more times than I care to remember.... and I'm at it again this year!!!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

Cherries mate, there's nothing wrong with being a homer, as long as you admit it!

I agree with the others about the board over summer. Thomond I read most of your Buccs articles, and found them informative, but don't know enough about the team to comment in any depth!

As for the DUI articles, maybe one place would be better, or as someone else suggested, just publish a list of the players who haven't screwed up over summer, it will probably be shorter than the list who have!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:40 pm

we need moire opinion articles, stuff to debate, the top 100 resilts i will start doing tonite, got the spreadsheetsorted just need to start filling it in
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

Haha! Yeah it seems like the list of NFL "good boys" gets smaller every year. Mind you, if Marshawn Lynch could just start keeping his nose clean then that would do a lot for reducing the number of arrests!!

Re forum activity, I for one will be on a few times a day now to see what's happening now that training camps are up and running.

What's everyone looking out for most in their team's training camp? Mine's is the obvious - how is RG3 shaping up?? Also intrigued to see why happens with our RBs - starter's position is very much up for grabs there although all 3 contenders will likely see a fair bit of playing time in the season barring injury. Safety is the other big position battle for us and will be good to see how well our Offensive and defensive lines continue to evolve.

Last edited by Number-25 on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

Number-25 wrote:Haha! Yeah it seems like the list of NFL "good boys" gets smaller every year. Mind you, if Marshawn Lynch could just start keeping his close clean then that would do a lot for reducing the number of arrests!!

Re forum activity, I for one will be on a few times a day now to see what's happening now that training camps are up and running.

What's everyone looking out for most in their team's training camp? Mine's is the obvious - how is RG3 shaping up?? Also intrigued to see why happens with our RBs - starter's position is very much up for grabs there although all 3 contenders will likely see a fair bit of playing time in the season barring injury. Safety is the other big position battle for us and will be good to see how well our Offensive and defensive lines continue to evolve.

dats marshawns 1starrest in 3 years
im proud of dat

Washington and Indy will still be in the top 10 in the draft nextyear, dats my prediction ( well washington, wont), but u know what i mean
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:20 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
im proud of dat

I don't think its an achievement to be proud of... I think most people should be able to go three years without being arrested!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:23 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:
im proud of dat

I don't think its an achievement to be proud of... I think most people should be able to go three years without being arrested!

Laugh

This is Marshawn Lynch we are talking about. 3 months is probably an achievement

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

cherriesfan wrote:we need moire opinion articles, stuff to debate, the top 100 resilts i will start doing tonite, got the spreadsheetsorted just need to start filling it in

In the past 3 days, 2 opinion articles have been done by myself lack of articles isn't the issue.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

What position battles are people excited about?

For the Browns I'm interested to see who wins the starting CB job opposite Haden and what happens at FS, then there's a fight for WR roster spots, and some questions at TE too.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

I'm doing an article on the Bucs which will be done in a few hours so will leave it till then

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

In more mostly irrelevant TC news, Eagles signed ex Cowboys punter Mat McBriar
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

Derbyblue wrote:What position battles are people excited about?

For the Browns I'm interested to see who wins the starting CB job opposite Haden and what happens at FS, then there's a fight for WR roster spots, and some questions at TE too.

Cleveland sound a lot like the Skins then - position battles all over the place. We have issues to be resolved at RB, WR, both Safety positions, CB, TE (to a lesser extent than the others) and there will no doubt be some shuffling of the pack on OL and DL. There's also our annual Kicker try-outs where we bring in a journeyman past his best to see if he's any better than the guy who wasn't up to much last year. Can Graham Gano hold off a past his prime veteran for a second straight year??

For a change, about the only place we don't have any uncertainty at all is at QB!! Having said that, it's also our most interesting position to watch in training camp - just how is RG3 going to shape up??

Can't wait! Roll on tomorrow!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

Will be interesting to see how Randy Moss gets on in SF.

Also how Jake Locker does in Tennessee. Can he push Hasselbeck out of the job?

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:01 pm

Number-25- It's probably easier for the Browns to list the safe positions, where we can guarantee the starter.

Would make sense to me with the weapons they've got on offense to give Locker the starting job, how much more can he learn as the backup there already had all of last season plus got a bit of game time.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:04 pm

What's with all the Kolb bashing? He was switching systems and had no off season and then he got kneed in the head. Now, he may turn out to be a bust, but the true test of his ability will be this preseason/season.

Whisenhunt has announced that the QB position will be open for competition, so things will be interesting in Arizona.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:10 pm

Pete Carroll has thrown a spanner in the works of cherries' "Matt Flynn will take over the World" plan. T-Jax is taking snaps with the starters.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 06 Aug 2012, 9:06 pm

Terrell Thomas is returning to Giants camp. YESSSSS!!!!!!

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:50 pm

hawks are in contract negotition with T.O Yahoo
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

cherriesfan wrote:hawks are in contract negotition with T.O Yahoo

Why are you happy about that?

Just shows how crap your current recievers are, if you are looking to a 38 year old, who quite frankly is only good enough for arena football now, and is looking for a big payday?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:15 am

Bloody hell -- 1 game into our 5-game preseason schedule and Kolb's already hurt.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:49 am

Olly wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:hawks are in contract negotition with T.O Yahoo

Why are you happy about that?

Just shows how crap your current recievers are, if you are looking to a 38 year old, who quite frankly is only good enough for arena football now, and is looking for a big payday?

hawks recivers>Pats reciever, brady makes them look better than they are
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:16 am

cherries, that's because he's freaking Tom Brady, that's why Deion Branch looked ten times the player when he left Seattle for New England. He'd make me a Super Bowl winning WR too and I'm 5'11" and overweight.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

If you would have said that last year Cherries maybe.

But now with Welker and Lloyd along with Branch/Edelman/Stallworth/Gaffney, we can wipe the floor with a team that is trying to sign a 38 year old diva to help improve the WR's. Says a lot about Sidney Rice really
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

I think Sidney Rice is good. He'd be great for any team with a top 20 QB.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 07 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

Rice is massively overrated for a guy whos only ever produced with a top 5 QB and can't stay healthy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next