The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is joining me?

+4
bretmeharty
Samo
Bull
Adam D
8 posters

Go down

Who is joining me? Empty Who is joining me?

Post by Adam D Wed 25 Jul 2012, 7:25 pm

I am intending to climb into the ring next Raw and say that I will be facing the WWE champ at 2013s Summer Slam.

Well if the Rock can just put himself into the title match at will, why can't I?

In all seriousness, why are people just accepting that Rock should be in the main event for the title, after 1 match in 6 months and 3 (at best) in 8 years?

Surely Vader has a better record than Rock at the moment!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Who is joining me? Empty Re: Who is joining me?

Post by Bull Wed 25 Jul 2012, 7:26 pm

Because im a fan of the rock so its good news to me.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 25 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

I said I disagree with it in a different thread. I'd rather see him as the champ going INTO the Rumble and put over whoever he faces.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 25 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

I agree it hasn't really been touched upon, It just proves the state the main event picture is in, if some one who left and for a period didnt what to be associated with the wrestling product can waltz into the title picture without an eye being blicked.

If I was Ziggler, Miz, Rhodes infact if I was anyone bar Punk, Cena, Big show or Sheamus then I'd be majorly peed right now. It'll be interesting in the coming months if we hear of any murmurs coming from unknown sources about any negitivity towards the Rock.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:42 pm

It's great, it all ties in with CM Punk's bewilderment of how he and the other 'workers' are treated in the WWE, anyway, I'm sure no-one can grudge the winner of the WrestleMania Main Event a World Title match when he is next available

These matches months in advance are great in my opinion, I like how really big Boxing and UFC matches are made well in advance, it also allows us not to get overkill, anyone remember the complete boredum of the Cena/Orton 537 of doom snore fest? I find this fresh and more realistic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

I agree with Gaffer, it all makes sense what Punk did. He, like Gaffer said yesterday I believe, referred to both Cena/Rock being ass kissers and maybe he will say that's what he's had to do. Yet he's still not main eventing and now 'Dwayne' has come back and just walzed into the title shot at the rumble.

Great opportunity for Punk and wwe here with this, not really a heel turn imo, more a tweener, taken out the face but not really with heelish tendencies e.g. sneaky chair shot

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

Hobo you are trying your best pal arent you! Trying to get the 'hypocrites' who bash TNA to do the same to the WWE when they make TNA-like decisions!

Difference is, this is The Rock, a guy with more charisma in his little finger than most pro-wrestlers in North America. A guy who is still in phenomonal shape and can still go in ring. A guy who can talk and hold a crowd in the palm of his hand. A Hollywood movie star known around the world. He isnt some main eventer from the 90s coming back for one last payday, he doesnt need the money.

People on here harp on about how the WWE Title match should be the last match on the card and how it should be the most important prize in the business, and how that hasnt been the case recently. Who better to make the WWE Title important again, to give it the exposure and prestige it rightly warrants.

Who would you rather - CM Punk v Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title in the middle of the card, or CM Punk v The Rock for the WWE Title in the Main Event of the Royal Rumble? Its a no brainer. Its Box Office, its money.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Punk would rather face The Rock too.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

I agree with everything you said - I think my point wasnt explained very well though!

From a logic point of view, it makes no sense.

The wrestling business is about beating people up for gold.

Are we supposed to believe that other wrestlers wouldnt in character react to someone walking in and stating they were going to headline one of the big 4 in 9 months time?

I have no problem with the match or the Rock - I agree he is still one of the best on the roster and shold be in the match. but at least make the story/ logic plausible!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:47 am

And to do that, you could have a few people come out and claim how annoyed they are, challenge Rock to a match and get beaten, with Rock issuing - "anyone else with any problems?"

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:14 am

Hopefully the story/logic will become plausible on Monday night when CM Punk addresses us and asks how The Rock can walk straight back into a title match.

If a fued between Punk and Rock ensues, whether its via satellite or twitter, and if Punk is the champion come the Rumble, then it makes sense.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:48 am

Adam D wrote:
Are we supposed to believe that other wrestlers wouldnt in character react to someone walking in and stating they were going to headline one of the big 4 in 9 months time?

If that's your problem, then I think you've jumped the gun. There is still months for that storyline to develop, and it would have been a bit clustered if they had tried to do it all night.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down