The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Players Joining Quins

3 posters

Go down

New Players Joining Quins Empty New Players Joining Quins

Post by yappysnap Mon 27 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

A few new players have been announced joing Harlequins, some have been mentioned before others are new to me.

"Amongst the squad that returned to Surrey Sports Park on Sunday are a few unfamiliar faces. Scrum - half Richard Bolt joins from Bristol, centre Matt Hopper from Cornish Pirates, along with loose head prop Nic Mayhew from New Zealand club side Northcote / North Harbour. Prop Tim Fairbrother joins up with the squad in the middle of July."

I'm assuming Bolt will be third choice Sh, so will be playing over the WC now Moore has left. The two new props will be straight in to action as well seeing as we have few props at the mo and Johnstone may well be away with Tonga.

Any one know anything on Nic Mayhew at all??

Matt Hopper looks like pretty good injury cover, i've seen clips of him playing and he's big, quick and can pass and kick well, wether he can step up to prem level will be key though.

Any thoughts on these signings?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

New Players Joining Quins Empty Re: New Players Joining Quins

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:05 pm

yappysnap, Hopper looks very useful - think I'm right in saying that he came thru the Chiefs academy and has always been ear-marked for big things; Bolt was released by the Chiefs prior to last season - never really rated the lad, altho others did, he has a decent pass but his decision-making could let him down, not too sure I'd want him as my first option during RWC, but he might be cost-effective cover thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

I was under the impression that Hopper would be (long term) replacing Ollie Smith. We havent heard anything about his injury, I do hope that he is recovering and back with the squad.

Dont know anything about Nic Mayhew!
Fairbrother I understand is more of a dynamic/ball carrying prop and less of the scrummager.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:yappysnap, Hopper looks very useful - think I'm right in saying that he came thru the Chiefs academy and has always been ear-marked for big things; Bolt was released by the Chiefs prior to last season - never really rated the lad, altho others did, he has a decent pass but his decision-making could let him down, not too sure I'd want him as my first option during RWC, but he might be cost-effective cover thumbsup
Hopefully 1st choice would be Karl Dickson - or is he going?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:18 pm

Nope Dickson is still around. Bolt will be third choice, second choice over the world cup etc.

With Care and Dickson playing so well, i don't think we could afford or keep a quality third choice who wont get much first team game time.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down