The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice

+2
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
6 posters

Go down

new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice Empty new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice

Post by talkingpoint Sat 28 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3668-Video-Watch-The-New-30min-Before-The-Bell-Hardcore-Justice-Broadcast

Loving these documentaries, the kayfabe is superb, the quality is top notch, the interviews are genuinely interesting revealing the different wrestlers drives and psyches.

Check it out. TNA deserve so many more PPV buys than they get. This company is on the rise and are having a fantastic year. OK

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice Empty Re: new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 28 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

The question remains the same though, why do TNA not get better PPV figures?

What they averaging these days?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice Empty Re: new TNA before the bell documentary -Hardcore Justice

Post by Crimey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 7:42 pm

Destination X got around just 9,000 buys.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 28 Jul 2012, 7:45 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The question remains the same though, why do TNA not get better PPV figures?

great question; it's an enigma to me, I feel so bad for them because their PPVs this year have been quality. I just hope the more house shows they play and more fans they earn, the more PPV buys they'll get. It's almost a crime though the effort they put in to their PPVs.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 28 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The question remains the same though, why do TNA not get better PPV figures?

I will tell you why in my opinion they dont.

Reputation.

Just like a lot of the members on here (although it is changing), people accept the WWE product and keep buying it, an prefering it over TNA.
Most people wouldnt spend $100 odd on two PPVs a month (A WWE and TNA one)and due to WWE being a behemoth, TNA is going to continue suffering. The TNA brand needs to grow - they have done everything right in the last 6 months with regards to righting the mistakes but now need to get the brand growing.

Leaving the impact zone is surely the next move and now they have got a growing, better reputation, I am sure it wont be long. Hopefully the TV deal in the states will be resolved and the baggage they have with some fans will be shed.

Final thing - the video is really good. TNA are right on the money at the moment.

HOWEVER, I really hope that some of the storylines in the mix at the moment have a satisfactory conclusion:

James Storm heel turn being hinted. (I dont think it will happen though)
AJ/ Daniels storyline
Aces and Eights getting a bit repetitive - hope it doesnt go down a MEM route.

I also think that the dire WWE product is actually bad for business. I think that a lot of fans will stop watching wrestling altogether rather than trying TNA.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 28 Jul 2012, 8:34 pm

TNA do need to leave the impact! zone but they also need to focus on strong markets to host impact wrestling because a dead crowd would really hinder the product. I think they have a good product at the moment but it just needs greater publicity and exposure in order to cement their 'brand' status.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 29 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

I don't buy Reputation as an excuse Adam, I'd agree that it could be a problem attracting new viewers but TNA have what about on average 1.4m viewers per week and have done for most of the last 5 years, for Destination X to pull just 9,000 buys (if true) is appalling and isn't about repuation, 1.4m viewers are tuning in every week, what's stopping more than 99% of those fans buying a PPV?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I don't buy Reputation as an excuse Adam, I'd agree that it could be a problem attracting new viewers but TNA have what about on average 1.4m viewers per week and have done for most of the last 5 years, for Destination X to pull just 9,000 buys (if true) is appalling and isn't about repuation, 1.4m viewers are tuning in every week, what's stopping more than 99% of those fans buying a PPV?

Is there a delayed, free-to-air option in the US like there is over here? That could be a major reason.

Whereas WWE is subscription only (with PPV charges on top) over here and presumably the same applies across the pond, so the only way to view is to cough up.

If the above is true, then PPV buys may not be a true indicator of just how popular TNA is. WWE, being an established brand, know their fans will pay up. TNA on the other hand are still trying to establish themselves as a credible alternative and so perhaps they think that by allowing viewers to watch free of charge (albeit delayed) they have a better chance of increasing their fanbase?

Ironically, with the status quo as it is, WWE are pretty much guaranteed a bigger income through their loyal fanbase. TNA might be garnering more of a following, but won't have anything to show for it.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Is there a delayed, free-to-air option in the US like there is over here? That could be a major reason.

Nope TNA's pay per views don't air for free over in the States.

I don't know why their buyrates would be so low, as gaffer has said they regularly get well over 1 million viewers for Impact. It could still be a hangover from the old days when pay per views were used more as a tool for Impact, there were numerous cases of angles not being resolved at the PPV but the next week on TV.

TNA's biggest ever buyrate was 60,000 for Genesis 2006 and for their version of Wrestlemania last year they drew less than half that. There is a market out there for TNA but for some reason they're not striking the right chord.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

I think the last time they where doing big PPV numbers (for them) was in 2008 when Joe was the World Champion then they took the title off him and dropped him from that Division, it just didn't make sense

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down