The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autumn internationals

+27
HammerofThunor
Pot Hale
Feckless Rogue
HERSH
BigTrevsbigmac
kiakahaaotearoa
OzT
Argie fan
blackcanelion
Ozzy3213
drsambo1928
Taylorman
sugarNspikes
westisbest
propdavid_london
whocares
Smirnoffpriest
gowales
bedfordwelsh
Comfort
Morgannwg
anotherworldofpain
Geordie
ScarletSpiderman
Biltong
maestegmafia
Dontheman
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Autumn internationals - Page 3 Empty Autumn internationals

Post by Dontheman Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales meets Australia again on Dec 1st at home. What worries me is that it's outside the IRB window and that means we are going to be deprived of a whole load of top players like Gethin Paul James, Phillips Hook etc. We badly need to end this run of 5 close defeats by Oz but may struggle for manpower unless some of our much vaunted strength-in-depth comes through.

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Autumn internationals - Page 3 Empty Re: Autumn internationals

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Fri 31 Aug 2012, 7:50 am

Taylorman wrote:All Blacks will lose the England match...

1 After 20 consecutive Home Union wins we can't possibly keep that record intact forever

2 We usually lose to England at home every 10 years- the match at twickers on 1 Dec 2012 represents 10 years and 22 days from the last loss on 9 November 2002 at twickers.

3 Its in the tea leaves... ghost

I hope youre right! but I cant see it.
I fancy us (England) against Australia and maybe a narrow win over SA. NZ are way ahead of everyone else at the moment though.

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:05 pm

cabbagesandbrussels wrote:
I fancy us (England) against Australia and maybe a narrow win over SA. NZ are way ahead of everyone else at the moment though.

No kidding mate, I think on current form even Brisbane High u15C may fancy a chance against the Wallabies squad at the mo, but certain by then the side would/should have picked up and give everyone a very hard game.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:33 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Kia its what theyre called now.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/7029977/NZ-Maori-and-sevens-adopt-All-Blacks-name

Cracking idea, now the NH will have a larger number of Capped All Blacks to clamber over signing

We can't afford Welsh players let alone All Blacks mate..

Not NH just the Frangles

None sense. We have had King, Rush, Blair, Hollah and Collins in the last few years (and Willis?) and to that Tito and Manu who are Maori caps.

Key to answering your statement is in your use of the word "HAD"...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by daidimview Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:46 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:The problem is people seem to focus on Phillips being big and not able to pass. Then they see Lloyd Williams is little and think yep there is our scrum half. The problem is he can't pass that much better and he gets tackled easier. Then Tavis Knoyle is another lump, who is better at sniping around rucks, but possibly worse passing than Phillips, and finally there is Webb, who seems to be better at passing and sniping, but IMO can't really put boot to ball too well.

So I think that of the lot Phillips' strengths out weigh his weaknesses, in comparision to the other scrum halves anyway.

Disagree on Webb`s kicking. Good for Ospreys on the whole, and I watched him put a number of excellent kicks at the millenium after he came on for the ineffective Lloyd Williams.

He his certainly our second choice but appears second choice at the Ospreys which does not help matters.

daidimview

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

I think Wales' problem is that when Phillips plays well it checks the defence, allows the 10 time and gets the backline going and keeps the momentum, meaning we are dangerous, when Phillips is off form we are suddenly slow, ponderous and liable to get turned over in the rucks as the ball isn't recycled fast enough - we then haven't got a good replacement bedded in (or used often enough) to change things up.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

Very true smirnoff but i think Phillips's poor play this sumer had a lot to do with our pack not providing clean, quick ball and an overall lack of momentum in the team.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

I'm not a Phillips fan but you can hardly blaim him for the shambles in Oz.

The tight 5 were bullied at the breakdown and gave him nothing to work with!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3