The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England?

+3
Thomond
Crimey
Gordy
7 posters

Go down

Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England? Empty Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England?

Post by Gordy Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

Many of these younger talents look like they should have been in the England team. We should have ousted alot of the overpaid old guard years ago and focussed on the hungrier younger players.

I would like to see GB remain as a team for International competitions with the collective nations playing individually outside of that for friendlies, touring and possibly a Home Nations tournament. Anyone else agree?

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England? Empty Re: Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England?

Post by Crimey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:50 pm

I think they only look better because they're in a lower standard of competition. I'd always fancy the England side that appeared at Euro 2012 to beat them 9 times out 10.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England? Empty Re: Anyone think the Great Britain football team is better than England?

Post by Thomond Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:52 pm

Pointless comparison as the GB lads are playing fellas who are novices a lot of the time, of the teams they have played so far there weren't many incredibly good players in the opposition teams. U-23 like and all that, they are getting better but won't win the thing in my opinion.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

No. Not even close. About the easiest sporting question I've ever answered.

Next.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:55 pm

Nope.

Though I wouldn't mind having Bellamy in the England squad.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 02 Aug 2012, 4:40 pm

No.
If the GB team had competed in Euro 2012, they would have lost all 3 group games.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by ValleyGraduate12 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:57 pm

Of course the GB team are better! It includes several Welsh players thumbsup

ValleyGraduate12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down