The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ?

+14
msp83
Shelsey93
ShankyCricket
chrisss
Corporalhumblebucket
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Liam
GSC
Hibbz
VTR
JDizzle
liverbnz
Stella
KP_fan
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ? - Page 2 Empty T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ?

Post by KP_fan Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Swann should be back seems given......
so who will go ?
Finn or Bresnan ?
The genuine pace bowler...or the bowler for his percived batting skills, that don't really blossom against top bowling attacks...

That Bopara's whatever perosnal situation was.......is resolved?....will he get "his place" back ?

Will ECB drop KP on grounds of something like " bringing distraction and indiscipline to an otherwise united champion team"

It will be politically an astute move to drop KP.........serves triple purposes for ECB:

1) Justification delivered from a high moral horse for an impending series and ranking surrender........"lost the series because preserving long term discipline and law abidance is more paramount than short term wins / losses"...type statement

2) High Moral Ground Protected......

3) Ego in Public Protected.....we dumped him ( in the guise of discipline, team spirit, etc....)...before he inevitably walks out on us a test match later.....

Given where ECB have driven themselves to..........any astute politicans would do the above...at least let ECB show they are astute.

Last edited by KP_fan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ? - Page 2 Empty Re: T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ?

Post by VTR Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Shelsey - I think we'll have to agree to disagree. For me Strauss has been in decline for 2 years and will never get back to being a world class opener, not at his age.

I'd love to see him score a ton in the next Test because it will help England to win the game if he does. But like shanky I just can't see it happening.

VTR

Back to top Go down

T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ? - Page 2 Empty Re: T3: Will Finn be retained? Will KP be dropped ?

Post by Stella Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:32 pm

If Strauss wasn't captain then he may have made way a year a go. He is though and a successful one at that.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Well it appears that Strauss doesnt want KP. It would be better if he retires and lets us play a better opener as well as our best batsman in the middle order, KP.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Stella wrote:If Strauss wasn't captain then he may have made way a year a go. He is was though and a successful one at that.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:
Stella wrote:If Strauss wasn't captain then he may have made way a year a go. He is was though and a successful one at that.

one poor winter and average summer and he should go?

Fickle? A little!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Stella wrote:

Fickle? A little!
Combined with his awful form and his relationship with our best batsman, then yes.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

strauss is very good captain. his batting form has dipped and it has done to the extent that the fact he is captain is struggling to save him. for me, if he doesn't hit more than a 50 in this next test match he should retire.

any other player who as a top order batsmen has had the record he has had in the last year would have been dropped. although who takes over as opener is anyone's guess. do we give young joe root a chance or do we go to carberry who has been next in line.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Stella wrote:

Fickle? A little!
Combined with his awful form and his relationship with our best batsman, then yes.

What about his relationship with the other players? If we continue to lose and he continues to struggle then make way but it's far too early. You remind me of a selector from the 90's, who changed this constantly.

Your love of Pietersen is blinding you. They do say love is blind rose
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Stella wrote:
Stella wrote:

Fickle? A little!

What about his relationship with the other players? If we continue to lose and he continues to struggle then make way but it's far too early. You remind me of a selector from the 90's, who changed this constantly.

He has been awful for some time now.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Stella wrote:
Stella wrote:

Fickle? A little!

He has been awful for some time now.

But the TEAM hasn't. We are number one in the world (not for long) and he has helped guide us there. He deserves more time. Fail in India and NZ then look at it but we would have more captains than the royal navy if you were in charge.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:54 pm

I have a little more sympathy for KP in regard to the way his team mates have joined in mocking him on the KP Genius Twitter. Whilst he gets a rollicking for private banter, its considered acceptable for the likes of Broad to openly mock him in public.
Noone really comes out of this well, ideally people would be able to have a laugh and a joke but theres clearly tensions cutting right through the team which could well explain why their performances have dipped.
KP is partly responsible for this but it does seem that others need to take a look at themselves too. The likes of Strauss need to be man enough to say lets put this behind us and move on just as much as KP does, if he genuinely does commit.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by DouglasJardinesbox Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:I have a little more sympathy for KP in regard to the way his team mates have joined in mocking him on the KP Genius Twitter. Whilst he gets a rollicking for private banter, its considered acceptable for the likes of Broad to openly mock him in public.
Noone really comes out of this well, ideally people would be able to have a laugh and a joke but theres clearly tensions cutting right through the team which could well explain why their performances have dipped.
KP is partly responsible for this but it does seem that others need to take a look at themselves too. The likes of Strauss need to be man enough to say lets put this behind us and move on just as much as KP does, if he genuinely does commit.

Well said. I've never been the biggest KP fan in the past, but I think he's been getting a raw deal. If this was in the school yard, you might say he's been getting bullied, even if he did start some of it. I'm prarticularly fizzing at Bresnan. Hardly a renowned Test cricketer coming out with that piffle the other day. Some people will do anything to try and keep a very shaky spot in the team. I hope I'm not near the boundary on Friday, and he doesn't come near, as I will definitely let rip. Back stabber....

DouglasJardinesbox

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Raw deal, as Jim from the Royal Family might say "my arse".

KP has been a total tool.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by DouglasJardinesbox Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:23 pm

skyeman wrote:Raw deal, as Jim from the Royal Family might say "my arse".

The the rest of the management team and the others haven't? A tool bag of clowns.

DouglasJardinesbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Arguably a total tool off the field but inarguably a total genius on it.

Which is more important to a fan of cricket?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 pm

DouglasJardinesbox wrote:

The the rest of the management team and the others haven't? A tool bag of clowns.

I agree a few of them might have been the small nails, KP has been the HAMMER.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Hibbz wrote:

I have always said {as many have} that i/we want him in, but not the way he is being. Is it worth it?

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:32 pm

For the sheer joy of seeing Stain taken to the cleaners in the previous test I'd settle for Kevin and 10 Chris Tavarés.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 pm

So just steady/slow against the dynamic. Cook is going too score more runs in the same amount of Tests as KP {88} who is the better run scorer?

Who is the better cricketer because one can biff it.

Cook will be more of a great than KP.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh don't get me wrong Cook is great and I agree is a better run scorer, more effective and maybe even more important to the team but Kevin isn't being replaced by Cook is he?

Besides which given the choice of watching a century from Cook or a century from Kevin which would you choose?

And I think someone who has averaged 50 odd in test matches for as long as Kevin has does a little bit more than "biffs it" don't you?

Last edited by Hibbz on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by DouglasJardinesbox Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 pm

skyeman wrote:
Hibbz wrote:

I have always said {as many have} that i/we want him in, but not the way he is being. Is it worth it?

Is it worth it for the rest of them? He's no angel, but he's done a complete u-turn, apologised and sucked up, and yet they still bury him. I though Strauss was very pompus and arrogant today. They are turning me off the team now, they really are. They need to man up, and show some balls, and open the door and play cricket, not power struggles and prima-donna acts. As usual, the paying public, who pay all their feckin wages suffer. Watching Bairstow rather than KP. Shysters the lot of them.

DouglasJardinesbox

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Hibbz wrote:Oh don't get me wrong Cook is great and I agree is a better run scorer, more effective and maybe even more important to the team but Kevin isn't being replaced by Cook is he?

Besides which given the choice of watching a century from Cook or a century from Kevin which would you choose?

And I think someone who has averaged 50 odd in test matches for as long as Kevin has does a little bit more the "biffs it" don't you?

Slightly more, yes i would rather watch KP, well if truthful, a lot more. When i say biff, i mean quicker.

But even still, is it worth it?

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

DouglasJardinesbox wrote:
skyeman wrote:
Hibbz wrote:

Is it worth it for the rest of them? He's no angel, but he's done a complete u-turn, apologised and sucked up, and yet they still bury him. I though Strauss was very pompus and arrogant today. They are turning me off the team now, they really are. They need to man up, and show some balls, and open the door and play cricket, not power struggles and prima-donna acts. As usual, the paying public, who pay all their feckin wages suffer. Watching Bairstow rather than KP. Shysters the lot of them.

I agree the big losers here are the fans, i would love to see KP at next months IT20 World Cup, as would he Shocked

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Well given that you'd rather watch KP than Cook then I'd assume you'd rather watch KP than Bairstow or AN Other and given that without people to willing to pay to watch cricket would die on it's ar$e I think you may have answered your own question.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Hibbz wrote:Well given that you'd rather watch KP than Cook then I'd assume you'd rather watch KP than Bairstow or AN Other and given that without people to willing to pay to watch cricket would die on it's ar$e I think you may have answered your own question.

Yes I would, but not at the expense of the right thing.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Fair enough, I've no problem with accepting that you prefer your cricketers to be saints rather than flawed geniuses.

Here's a question for you. Who is the bigger ar$e, KP for sending the text or whoever it was that revealed contents of said text?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Hibbz wrote:Fair enough, I've no problem with accepting that you prefer your cricketers to be saints rather than flawed geniuses.

Here's a question for you. Who is the bigger ar$e, KP for sending the text or whoever it was that revealed contents of said text?

As we both know there is way more to the KP saga than that. Three months worth of S***e and beyond.

But as to the texts BOTH, {some freinds} for either relaying or revealing said texts.

Better off away from them and his advisers.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:26 pm

KP it seems, let down by everyone, but mostly he has let himself down.

Thats the point.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

skyeman wrote:
Hibbz wrote:Fair enough, I've no problem with accepting that you prefer your cricketers to be saints rather than flawed geniuses.

As we both know there is way more to the KP saga than that. Three months worth of S***e and beyond.

But as to the texts BOTH, {some freinds} for either relaying or revealing said texts.

Yeah if I'd have been a guy who used smilies I'd have used the winking one after my first line for sure! I've just read the cricinfo profile for Kevin and I've got to say it really is bang on in my opinion

"Brash, insecure and breathtaking Kevin Pietersen is one of the most exciting batsmen ever to play for England. His lust for box-office performances make him a matchwinner in all forms of the game but his ability to command attention is matched only by his ability to divide opinion.

Despite his overwhelming success for England, Pietersen has never won complete affection from either the ECB or the public. Both are wary of Pietersen's origins - he left South Africa as a young man in protest against the quota system - and his habit of speaking his mind. Alongside that is his cocksure front, unappealing to many England fans, which at the same time betrays a more vulnerable personality."

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 pm

skyeman wrote:KP it seems, let down by everyone, but mostly he has let himself down.

Thats the point.

Only if you agree with him being dropped.

KP it seems let down by everyone off the field, but never has he let down anyone on the field.

And that's the important point to me.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Hibbz wrote:
skyeman wrote:

Yeah if I'd have been a guy who used smilies I'd have used the winking one after my first line for sure! I've just read the cricinfo profile for Kevin and I've got to say it really is bang on in my opinion

"Brash, insecure and breathtaking Kevin Pietersen is one of the most exciting batsmen ever to play for England. His lust for box-office performances make him a matchwinner in all forms of the game but his ability to command attention is matched only by his ability to divide opinion.

Despite his overwhelming success for England, Pietersen has never won complete affection from either the ECB or the public. Both are wary of Pietersen's origins - he left South Africa as a young man in protest against the quota system - and his habit of speaking his mind. Alongside that is his cocksure front, unappealing to many England fans, which at the same time betrays a more vulnerable personality."

Was going to bring it up before {but thought better of it} but oh well. Would he have the same detractors if he were born English.

In my view, yes.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

I agree. It's his personality (and from that his behaviour) that divides opinion the most.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Hibbz wrote:I agree. It's his personality (and from that his behaviour) that divides opinion the most.

True, because most like/respect Prior, Trott. Strauss 80/20. Dernbach Whistle

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry but United get Van Persie.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Hibbz wrote:

And I think someone who has averaged 50 odd in test matches for as long as Kevin has does a little bit more than "biffs it" don't you?

(the general point still stands though)

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 pm

KP_fan wrote:Swann should be back seems given......
so who will go ?
Finn or Bresnan ?
The genuine pace bowler...or the bowler for his percived batting skills, that don't really blossom against top bowling attacks...

Fall of wicket: SA 54/4 (20.3 ov)

this is what happens when you bring a bowler on merit..instead of one subsidized by batting.....

Ohh the opportunities Eng has missed in the past playing dibbly dobbly Bresnan.

Broad should be the next one to go.......to bring back tremlett when fit and Onions until then
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

KP_fan wrote:
so who will go ?
Finn or Bresnan ?

this is what happens when you bring a bowler on merit..instead of one subsidized by batting.....

Broad should be the next one to go.......to bring back tremlett when fit and Onions until then

You sing the praises of KP for his innings last match and now you want to say that the man that had a great spell taking 5 wickets, which gave England a very good shot of winning that test, DROPPED!!!!!

Once again, wow just wow...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 pm

eirebilly wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
so who will go ?
Finn or Bresnan ?

You sing the praises of KP for his innings last match and now you want to say that the man that had a great spell taking 5 wickets, which gave England a very good shot of winning that test, DROPPED!!!!!

Once again, wow just wow...

Broad's wickets were because batsmen were trying to score fast and it was a D5 pitch doing something.
Even our hero KP picked up some 3 or 4 cheap wkts for the same reason. It doesn' make him a bowler either.

Broad with his sub 13o stock pace is not a test match quality bowlwer and doesn't get in unless he is the 5th bowler. Which means he has to bat at No. 6. He has a straight bat and can be groomed for that role, but not under someone like flower who desires to hand out all 11 positions on the merti of batting.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Broad hasn't been at his best this summer, but he has been out best bowler since the start of the Indian series last year. He was fantastic in the UAE on placid pitches, and he is probably in the top 5 bowlers in the world in the past 12 months. To even consider dropping him for the Indian tour is lunacy.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:48 pm

JDizzle wrote:Broad hasn't been at his best this summer, but he has been out best bowler since the start of the Indian series last year. He was fantastic in the UAE on placid pitches, and he is probably in the top 5 bowlers in the world in the past 12 months. To even consider dropping him for the Indian tour is lunacy.

every one takes wkts against india and WI.

Broad is a conditon dependejt medium pacer......that if a short on resource side like Zim or Ind play as a specialist is OK.

Eng has about 3 or 4 pure bowlers better than Broad.

keep counting how many here and in india.
Anyway in India Eng should pkay 2 spinners...
the worst Flower can do is pick Patel and Broad ahead of Monty and finn in India
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 pm

To play 2 spinners in India would be beyond lunacy. Touring seamers have been far more successful in India than spinners.

Anyways, Monty is pretty $hit against good players of spin bowling, which explains his record against Aus, SL, India.

And of course he'd do well to field better than a 5 year old.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:19 pm

KP_fan wrote:

Well if they are playing 4/5 bowlers he gets in then? What are you complaining about?

Aside from spouting ignorance.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

Well if they are playing 4/5 bowlers he gets in then? What are you complaining about?

i meant 4 to 5 after the frst 4 that are selected.

sorry you didn't unde rstand......didn't realize, i had to explain 9 year olds
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:To play 2 spinners in India would be beyond lunacy. Touring seamers have been far more successful in India than spinners.

Anyways, Monty is pretty $hit against good players of spin bowling, which explains his record against Aus, SL, India.

yes i know Flower is biassed against Monty.....dropped him within a game of taking a 6-fer

actually against good players of spin.....Monty is FAR......more effective, than Swann.

Swann can only take wickets.......when seamers have created pressure by taking early wkts.....which they are unlikely in india.
On the kind of pitches India will prepare for the revenge series.....even 2 seamers is one too many-

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:47 am

JDizzle wrote:Broad hasn't been at his best this summer, but he has been out best bowler since the start of the Indian series last year. He was fantastic in the UAE on placid pitches, and he is probably in the top 5 bowlers in the world in the past 12 months. To even consider dropping him for the Indian tour is lunacy.

Bang on, i think that this is just a little dig from KP_fan because of the incidents involving KP to be honest. As such he is unable to provided an unbiased cricket view which is rather sad to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:00 am

KP_fan wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

KPfan, I realise you are still emotional about the omission and handling of KP, and although you opinion on all things cricket are welcomed (even though highly opinionated) your reference to a nine year old falls under personal insults and will not be tolerated.

Debate the issue and don't get personal.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:20 am

KP_fan wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:To play 2 spinners in India would be beyond lunacy. Touring seamers have been far more successful in India than spinners.

yes i know Flower is biassed against Monty.....dropped him within a game of taking a 6-fer

actually against good players of spin.....Monty is FAR......more effective, than Swann.

Swann can only take wickets.......when seamers have created pressure by taking early wkts.....which they are unlikely in india.
On the kind of pitches India will prepare for the revenge series.....even 2 seamers is one too many-

\
Words fail me.... picard

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 am

Biltong wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

KPfan, I realise you are still emotional about the omission and handling of KP, and although you opinion on all things cricket are welcomed (even though highly opinionated) your reference to a nine year old falls under personal insults and will not be tolerated.

Debate the issue and don't get personal.

He was using terms like "sprouting ignorance" and prenting to not understand the obvious -I thought.
So my response was sarcastic at most, and insult not intended.
But if he or you thinks it was insulting, then let me assure you insult wasn't intended..and I apologise neverthless, I have nothing against Seabiscuit
Cheers

Last edited by KP_fan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:01 am

eirebilly wrote:

Bang on, i think that this is just a little dig from KP_fan because of the incidents involving KP to be honest. As such he is unable to provided an unbiased cricket view which is rather sad to be honest.

A moderator pointed out, I acknowldeged and closed that subject.
I do not see why you must point that out here and not in PM to the mod.

Anyway Re: Biassed...yeah you want to be a debator and a judge on that debate also ?
I'd rather put my points through and let the readers for their own opinion.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 am

KP_fan wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

A moderator pointed out, I acknowldeged and closed that subject.
I do not see why you must point that out here and not in PM to the mod.

Anyway Re: Biassed...yeah you want to be a debator and a judge on that debate also ?
I'd rather put my points through and let the readers for their own opinion.

Why would i PM a MOD? Pretty much every poster on this thread have debated and have brought across points for both sides. You unfortunately have gone on a crusade against everything and anyone that is not pro KP.

I will go and enjoy the cricket myself.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 am

eirebilly wrote:Pretty much every poster on this thread have debated and have brought across points for both sides.

i have also brought points for both sides.......unfortunately in my assesment.......Flower and company gets only negative points.

You unfortunately have gone on a crusade against everything and anyone that is not pro KP.

exaggeration from your side......perhaps because you disagree strongly with my views ? ok you are free to have your opinion

I will go and enjoy the cricket myself.
yes please do....and lets hope we can restrict them to under 300?
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next