The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

+12
Bull
TwisT
Gregers
Hero
Marky
Fernando
Russell_Elmo
FIFA Diva
Afro
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
sodhat
16 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 3 Empty The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Important End of Season information -- please read

STAR PLAYER BIDS ARE OPEN

Star Player bids will commence Wednesday (15th), and run to Friday (17th) at midnight, when bidding is closed. Who got who will be posted on Saturday all being well - and assuming it can't be done earlier. If you miss out initially, there will be a second round bidding process and you may make another bid on a player. All bids will be sealed and PM'd to Hero and sodhat. It should be made clear that you cannot make a big bid on a Star Player, and then not have the cash all at once. All money must be paid immediately, or you miss out. We aren't doing IOU's on it, and that applies to everyone.

To qualify for the second round you must have submitted a first round bid - you can't just wait and see what's left. If there are exceptional circumstances as to why you missed the deadline you may appeal to the runners, but these circumstances absolutely do not include "I was playing Ultimate Team for 4 days with the curtains closed."

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Prize money for this season (for both leagues)

1st £15m
2nd - 4th £10m
5th - 8th £20m

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
TwisT and Sodhat

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Hero and TSC

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholesHolton FC - ollyrules
Barearselona - fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - Nadeem

Neymar FC - cherriesfan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroJacamos United - TSCHangover 69 - GregersSubstandard Liege - Afro Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Straight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by sodhat on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:10 am; edited 13 times in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 3 Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:10 pm

sodhat wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:Both teams have submitted the Team and tactics, now it's the turn of the experts.

Could any managers not in the two Apprentice teams please PM's a vote on the match.

I am looking for a simple vote of who would win (no score or scorers), and a short comment on why.

The tactics are here:

https://www.606v2.com/t33523-the-apprentice-task-5-the-match#1460674

Is the task won and lost solely on the match outcome?

Because I wouldn't have bothered with all that fluff otherwise...

Task won or lost on the vote. If it is a draw, then the rest of the submission comes into it.

Who gets fired rests solely with what you have submitted?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 3 Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:11 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Thats fine, when is the deadline? I need to have a look at my squad?

Good luck Soday, Twist and Mighty OK

You have at least until next week, but as soon as you can really.

Good luck to you guys also

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:17 pm

Done.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:19 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
sodhat wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:Both teams have submitted the Team and tactics, now it's the turn of the experts.

Could any managers not in the two Apprentice teams please PM's a vote on the match.

I am looking for a simple vote of who would win (no score or scorers), and a short comment on why.

The tactics are here:

Is the task won and lost solely on the match outcome?

Because I wouldn't have bothered with all that fluff otherwise...

Task won or lost on the vote. If it is a draw, then the rest of the submission comes into it.

Who gets fired rests solely with what you have submitted?

Oh right, I see. Well ok then, so long as we didn't misinterpret and do far more than was needed!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:25 pm

Votes sent Afro OK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

"The two teams will be voted on by the non-Apprentice managers and the winning team will be the one with the most votes."

I've got to admit, as the result of the task rested largely on what the other selected, I was anticipating a bit of time being spent predicting the other teams starting XI and therefore countering it in tactics.

Neither team did, so it remains to be seen whether that has an impact
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:28 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:"The two teams will be voted on by the non-Apprentice managers and the winning team will be the one with the most votes."

I've got to admit, as the result of the task rested largely on what the other selected, I was anticipating a bit of time being spent predicting the other teams starting XI and therefore countering it in tactics.

Neither team did, so it remains to be seen whether that has an impact

Snooping on the other teams page? No I would never do such a thing.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:29 pm

We are confident in our ability to beat any team...

When will the result/boardroom likely be?

If it isn't due today I'll disappear and do a bit of work

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:29 pm

I thought with you saying a good squad you would be marking us to not only the votes because only 11 players can start.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

I didn't hide how it would be decided.

It was on the task from the start.

Hope to do boardroom tomorrow and get the four remaining started on the semi-final task before I go off on hols. I have decided against the traditional interviews as I am not around to do them.

But I have a modern day task, based on one of Hero's suggestions which will have you all competing individually. I can start it, go off for a couple of weeks and see the results when I am back.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

Didn't you just go to France? Where you off to this time?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
But I have a modern day task, based on one of Hero's suggestions which will have you all competing individually.

Nice how when it get's the reception that the womens soccer task did it can quickly be pinned on me! Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

It will involve Social Media..... Whistle
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:38 pm

Yeah women's soccer sucks lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:40 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Didn't you just go to France? Where you off to this time?

Went to Nice, but that was just with the wife and just for 3 days.

Off on the proper summer hols with my son and my sisters and families. Just doing a Canvas holidays thing on the west coast of France, so a bit of driving ahead of me on Monday
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

Hero wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:
But I have a modern day task, based on one of Hero's suggestions which will have you all competing individually.

Nice how when it get's the reception that the womens soccer task did it can quickly be pinned on me! Laugh

I think this is a good task and is a great one to be in place of the interview task as all four remaining players can compete individually and there is a clearly tangible way of deciding the winner (which means less thinking for me, which is good)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

Women Football is awful, I don't care if people brand me sexist. I still watched GB but they are bad.

The womens standard of keeping is worse then African keepers, I'm sure you can back me on that Olly being a keeper yourself.

Have fun Afro OK
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

The womens standard of keeping is worse than me I am pretty sure. It is awful (or I am great :P)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:13 pm

Some of the people I follow on Twitter, football editors, people who work for goal.com and others in the Football game. To be honest I think we know more then some of these guys and it's not even our profession.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:31 pm

Half of them have three pots though.
One with footballers in
One with teams in
One with a transfer fee.

They just pick one from each and tell people that a source at the club has said they're buying that player for that fee and call it news.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:44 pm

I have just experienced the worst hold music in history...

leanne rimes followed by shola ama, both in a jazz saxophone stylee
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

Hero wrote:Half of them have three pots though.
One with footballers in
One with teams in
One with a transfer fee.

They just pick one from each and tell people that a source at the club has said they're buying that player for that fee and call it news.

Did you ever see the episode of South Park where they made out that the Family Guy writers were Mannatees selecting joke balls at random?

Odd question on the face of it, you just reminded me of that episode!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:47 pm

Hero wrote:Half of them have three pots though.
One with footballers in
One with teams in
One with a transfer fee.

Laugh Laugh Thats probably true, there is supposed to be one guy called ITK who is meant to be "in the know" but he spends half his time RT people to make himself look good.

I was on about our general Football knowledge being superior to theres not so much transfer news.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:48 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I have just experienced the worst hold music in history...

The saxophonist has now launched into Sod's favourites, The Backstreet Boys
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:I have just experienced the worst hold music in history...

The saxophonist has now launched into Sod's favourites, The Backstreet Boys

I always preferred 5ive. You can tell I am a fan because I even stylised their name to start with their preferred 5, as opposed to the conventional F.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

5ive didn't really work though did it. It made it look like their name was Sive, which is meaningless
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:57 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:5ive didn't really work though did it. It made it look like their name was Sive, which is meaningless

But their music brought meaning to a generation. Maybe they were being ironic? Knowing the impact they would have on a world needing it's eyes opened?

Or maybe they were guff thrown at young girls via Smash Hits magazine until they bought their records...

I always remember J. I can't remember the rest of their names, but J was the rapper of the group. He had no rapping credentials, he was a well manicured white man.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:06 pm

Do you think J was half named after JJ Okocha?

Perhaps he was a good footballer, but good enough to earn the full JJ moniker.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:07 pm

Abs was another I recall, oh and Scott.
Think I'm revealing too much knowledge on the matter here too.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:09 pm

Hero wrote:Abs was another I recall, oh and Scott.
Think I'm revealing too much knowledge on the matter here too.

Laugh

Particularly as your first recollection was Abs, presumably named because of his washboard stomach...

To my own shame I just looked them up on Wiki and J has stated he no longer wishes to have any association with 5ive. I'll let that sink in for you all.

Thanks for the memories J.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:09 pm

I remember they had gangsta rap lyrics about eating things with their fingers to make them sound hard.
Though the main demographics of people that eat with their fingers are toddlers and special people, neither of which come across as hard.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:15 pm

Hero wrote:I remember they had gangsta rap lyrics about eating things with their fingers to make them sound hard.
Though the main demographics of people that eat with their fingers are toddlers and special people, neither of which come across as hard.

I heard J had a freestyle rap battle against Ice Cube and his lyrics about tidying the house were so hardcore that Ice Cube wet himself and cried.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

Slam Dunk Da Funk lyrics

You gotta shoot, pass, slam baby time to set it off
I'll be up, up away, above the rim and hook a shot
Ally oop, baby, whoop, there it is and now I gotcha
Three seconds left, it's just enuff for me to rock ya
Now check it, how I flip it rock a beat 'cause
I get with it and everybody wants to be the man
with a hey, yippee yo yippee four quarter slam
everybody grab a party and just get on down

You wanna know what hits you like a fork lift truck
We got J, AB, Rich, Sean and Scott rocking the extra
Curricular ladies love particular fella
Who knock da meter get the boom shake regular
Five bad boys, honey no, we don't quit til we hit
The rebound sound with a kick
So come on everybody, everybody in tune
As I boomshake n' rock a body

If Ya Gettin Down lyrics:

Wiggi, wiggi, I'm getting jiggi, open up the
Door, I got the keys to your city
You're looking kinda pretty
Dance 'til you drop and it don't stop until
It goes pop

Line after line
I flow like rhyme after rhyme
Just like time after time
Keep it up 'til you feel the heat
And get down once you feel the beat

My question would be... Was Nick a member of 5ive?
If they had a song that ended in 0osh then I reckon so!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:31 pm

Hero wrote:I remember they had gangsta rap lyrics about eating things with their fingers to make them sound hard.

And people who go to KFC.

Apparantly, never been there myself cake
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:32 pm

The tactics are here:

Bump
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

Now I have the chorus to Slam Dunk Da Funk stuck in my head and it won't leave me alone.

Slam dunk da funk
Put it up
If you got that feelin'

Over and over and over and over.
If I'm not here tomorrow, I took matters into my own hands to stop it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

You know though that you see the lyrics to Everybody Get Up where it does the '1...2....3.....4....5 will make get you down nowww!' that you make your fingers do the actions.

Or is that just me?
Anyone?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:42 pm

You must have been brainwashed by 5ive'5 sick beats.

Anyone remember A1 or 911? They were all around at the same time. It must have been some sort of trend I was missing where if the title didn't contain a number it wasn't cool. East 17 are another one.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

Hello.

Anything I need to do like vote etc...?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:47 pm

5ive were the first band I ever saw live!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:48 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Hello.

Anything I need to do like vote etc...?

If you could take a look at the Cherry Cup final that would be good, it has it's own sub-section like the leagues.

You may also want to post your 3 players you want to offer to lawyers over the summer. You will get bids on each of these, plus 2 random.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

Gregers wrote:5ive were the first band I ever saw live!

With sick rhymes like that Gregers I'm surprises they didn't sign you up!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

Gregers wrote:5ive were the first band I ever saw live!

Laugh

I'm glad you used the 5 rather than the F, it makes you a true fan.

I'd keep that story under your hat anywhere else but here though...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

My first live band were the Super Furry Animals at the Academy in Manchester.
Oh yeah I'm cool.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

I might change my user name here to 5odhat in homage to 5ive.

But then people might read it as Fodhat, and that makes less sense than what it already is.

The first band I ever saw live in the flesh were The Noisettes at V Festival in 2009. Shockingly old aged to be seeing my first band I always thought.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:02 pm

Maybe I should go to Greger5 although that makes me look Russian...

J, Scott, Richie, Abs and Sean The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 3 3559488474

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:07 pm

Who do I send cup votes to?

And why are the cup tactics in yellow for? They are very hard to read.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:08 pm

I think Hero should just change the site so all S's and F's automatically change to 5's

Big5ella5A5ro
VivaPaul5choles
Ru55elElmo
The 5pecial Juan

Are just some of the names infinitely improved by it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Who do I send cup votes to?

And why are the cup tactics in yellow for? They are very hard to read.

To cherriesfan and Marky

Yellow? Maybe that's your PC or something, they aren't yellow on mine.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:10 pm

Alright guys.

Regarding the apprentice, I knew that it would be decided by other managers voting on which is better, but I didn't realise it was a match against the other team. I just thought it was who would do better in a premier league season generally.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next