The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry

5 posters

Go down

Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry Empty Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry

Post by hawkeye Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:32 am

Djokovic was so mad at himself and his raquets after losing to Murray in the semi finals of the Olympics that he found an unusual way to rid himself of the frustration and anger

"I never saw anyone have such energy to fight for a medal for Serbia," Divac told Vesti-Online, as translated by Deadspin. "It is contagious. After the match I came to him. You know what he was doing? He was so miserable, he was cutting up his racquets with a saw.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/08/vlade-divac-says-novak-djokovic-sawed-his-racquets-after-olympic-loss/1#.UDXXF6Bket8

IMO Djokovic has always been world class at on court raquet smashing but if this story is true it takes raquet destruction to a new level. Somehow Novak located a saw, and perhaps a vice and set to work cutting up his raquets. Did he cut them all up neatly into two pieces or cut them up into small bits? What kind of saw is required to cut through graphite? It's the planning, the equipment and the cold heartedness that is particularly hard to visualize. This wasn't manslaughter this was murder...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry Empty Re: Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:37 am

The racquets are made of metal.

How does this make it carpentry????

Back to top Go down

Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry Empty Re: Novak Practices A Little Therapeutic Carpentry

Post by hawkeye Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:44 am

Really? Novak's raquets are made of metal? What kind of saw do you need for that?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:52 am

A hacksaw perhaps....

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:23 am

It reminds me of Alan Partridge cutting up his cereals!

It's an utterly bonkers story but it makes me like him even more.

The big mystery to me here is the saw. Did his rented accomodation come with a toolshed? Or did he have to go out and visit hardware store to buy one?

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:31 am

Ha ha! It is "bonkers" but somehow goes along with his personality. Djokovic is always so well prepared maybe he also packs a saw in his raquet bag just in case?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:22 am

HM Murdoch wrote:
The big mystery to me here is the saw. Did his rented accomodation come with a toolshed? Or did he have to go out and visit hardware store to buy one?

What's wrong with it? I always pack a saw in my bag when I go travelling. If I stay for longer periods, it has to be a chainsaw......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

hawkeye wrote:Ha ha! It is "bonkers" but somehow goes along with his personality. Djokovic is always so well prepared maybe he also packs a saw in his raquet bag just in case?
Well he pulled a golf club from his racquet bag at Wimbledon, so who knows what else might be stashed in there?!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

"He said his main objectives were Roland Garros and the Olympic Games," Divac said of Djokovic. "He told me, "'Minister, I'm sorry.' And I said, 'there's nothing to be sorry about, you are a champion and always will be.'"

How interesting. So Novak could win 2 slams, the WTF and end the year as number 1 but still not have met his 2 main objectives.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:24 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:"He said his main objectives were Roland Garros and the Olympic Games," Divac said of Djokovic. "He told me, "'Minister, I'm sorry.' And I said, 'there's nothing to be sorry about, you are a champion and always will be.'"

How interesting. So Novak could win 2 slams, the WTF and end the year as number 1 but still not have met his 2 main objectives.

Ha ha! It's shocking isn't Novak is a hard task master. Those poor racquets they mess up once and they're for the chop...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

Agassi once handed all his rackets to a tramp in a park, that would be a lot easier.

This is Flip wierd from Novak. Bit harsh when players smash up rackets to those of us that couldn't afford such a great rachet.

Not sure if it's true but if the journalists are on their game one of them should ask him about this at the US Open.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

Hey I said f*cking not flip. D*mn you stupid swear word fixer.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down