The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

+51
RDW
Rugby Fan
Hound of Harrow
tooboredtowork
westisbest
Scrumpy
Mickado
Irish Londoner
Imperialbigdave
BristolDave
B91212
Sam
funnyExiledScot
LeinsterFan4life
stnick88
Francogermanicenglishman
Jenifer McLadyboy
Ozzy3213
Hood83
HammerofThunor
screamingaddabs
thebluesmancometh
SirBurger
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Jimpy
aitchw
SGD prop
KickAndChase
George Carlin
Morgannwg
mckay1402
Dim
Big
DaveM
yappysnap
Sgt_Pooly
Fluxy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Driver
Portnoy
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Bristolian
Cumbrian
TrailApe
Bathite
bluestonevedder
Geordie
55 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 8 Empty Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Geordie Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager: Dean Richards
Head Coach: Peter Russell

Current Squad:

Forwards
Props:
Grant Shiels
Oliver Tomasczyk
Keiron Brookes
Scott Wilson

Hookers:
Matt Thompson
Rob Vickers
Scott Lawson

Second Rows:
Carlo Del Fava
Scott MacLeod
Sean Tomes
Frasier McKensie

Back Row
Ally Hogg
Will Welch
Richard Mayhew
Andy Saul
Mark Wilson
Chris York

Backs
SH's
Rory Lawson
Chris Pilgrim
Warren Fury
Mike Blair

Fh's
Joel Hodgson
Waisea Luveniyali
Rory Clegg
Phil Godman

Centres
Jamie Helleur
James Fitzpatrick
Tane Tu'ipulotu
Andrew Higgins
Alex Crocket
Michael Tait
Adam Powell
Danny Barnes - In from Munster

Wing:
Ryan Shortland
Andy Higgins
Suka Hufanga
Noah Cato

FB's:
Tom Catterick
Alex Tait

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:11 am; edited 21 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

That would be an unreal signing, Guildford on his day is one of the worlds best wingers.

He was pretty handy at FB too I seem to remember. Back 3 of:

11. Guildford
15. Gopperth
14. Fielden/Kirbridge

Nice

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Geordie Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm

Guildford....with Newcastles nightlife...pah...asking for trouble!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:13 pm

Hasn't he give it up though? Sure he did after the RWC?

Deano and Richards would keep him right though.

Next Izzy Dagg!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:39 pm

Well apparently he walked in to a bar starkers the other day out of his head...

Well there seems a bond between him and Russell...could be worth a look...what a signing that would be if we could keep him dry...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:14 pm

Risky, but what a statement of intent if it happened. Still, as said above, Newcastle and a player with a drink problem??

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:16 am

Well theres lots to do here aside from drink...Carl Hayman absolutely loved it here..cos he had his surfing...the northumberland countryside on the doorstep...nice developing city...etc etc

If Guildford had hobbies like that...he would enjoy this area...and with his old mentor might be happy. But its risky...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:45 am

Have you seen the debate on the Falcons' rugbynetwork site about changing the strip? Any thoughts on that?

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s95.htm?97,13785322,showresults=1

Black and Green seems the clear favourite but seems to be a bit of a nod to the Gosforth days. I wouldn't mind a change as we currently look a little like a Saracens tribute act. If it had to have green in it, I wouldn't mind something like:

http://www.orionteamwear.com/kit-designer/rugby/13837/
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:50 am

Wouldn't mind going Green and White again tbh , reconnect with the local community and what not.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:04 am

I hate the current strip...its horrible.

I guess due to United and the football...Newcastle is associated with Black and White..so i would prefer to keep that....however i like the idea of a bit of green in there aswell...so black white and a hint of green.
That black with green hoops is canny aswell mind...

But we MUST change the current strip...its hideous.

I do like these mind...

http://www.orionteamwear.com/kit-designer/rugby/13633/

http://www.orionteamwear.com/kit-designer/rugby/13660/

But we must not get confused with London Irish...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:13 am

I like the hooped, agree the current version(esp the grey) is nasty

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:19 am

Aye, we need to be careful or we'll go from looking like Sarries to looking like

London Irish: http://www.londonirishshop.co.uk/CarouselProductView.ink?Row_ID=18008&pcode=7LI1LJS1K&pcategory=168;168;170&manufacturer=&subcategory=

or

Leeds: http://hamlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/new-shirts.html

I think Black is the colour that most people have come to associate us with, so I think it has got to be on the shirt to keep the club's identity.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:27 am

I think the all black with the white and green on the shulders...would be just right.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:29 am

Aye, it could work for me.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:36 am

Need better entrance music as well ,

Bit of local hero wouldn't hurt!!!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:43 am

But its Wolfmother...awesome rock band! Very Happy

And we dont want to get TOO associated with the footbal team Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:55 pm

I see Michael Mayhew has joined London Irish on a loan spell...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:21 am

Seems we've signed Ollie Steadman. I remember him from the England U20's a couple of years ago. He seemed a decent player and I wondered where he'd gotten to.

http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/story/falcons-bolster-pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QddFRON-HF4
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 26 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

Very interesting...pace and looks to have a good offload aswell.

So could he be battling York for that spot if Ally Hogg is moved aside?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

See Darren Fearn is on the bench for Saracens , when did that happen?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:59 pm

Sarries have a really strong relationship with with Bedford (Fearn's club), they are probably using the LV as a chance to have a look at him.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:44 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I see Michael Mayhew has joined London Irish on a loan spell...

Played very well today. Looks a good ball carrier.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

He has the Falcons curse of a crooked through Ozzy, I wouldn't fancy him against top AP opposition.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:10 pm

Is this true about Hudson off to Gloucester?

Also anyone going to the Saxons game on Friday?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

Where did you see that GF? Didn't they go for him last season?

I'm trying to get a lift through for it.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:21 pm

Hong Kong Cherry has just said on the rumour thread that he has signed for them...but i cant find anything.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:06 am

Do you think anyone would notice if we kidknapped a few players from tonights game... Very Happy we could do with a few players...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:24 am

Get Graham Kitchener, Jonny May and Elliott Daly please! That would do very nicely indeed!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:28 am

Joe Gray, Matt Mullen and George Robson would be nice too.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:29 am

Done...

What about Gray at Hooker? Not my favorite but better than we have...and can throw.

Kruis could be useful aswell...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:30 am

Ha...good minds Sarge...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:33 am

I really like Gray, great basics.

You boys at the game? I booked late so I'm up in the clouds in the west stand

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:36 am

Would love to, but no unfortunately. I can't make it up north as much as I'd like these days. Sad

Do you think there will be a decent crowd in?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:43 am

Hopefully Cumbrian, there wasn't too many available when I booked. Be a shame to have a poor crowd for a Saxons game.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:44 am

Yup...West stand also mate. Pitch level. Looking forward to it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:48 am

Yea me too, dying to see Johnny May tear it up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:03 am

Actually Sgt theres a number of really interesdting players out who "potentially could" be not far off making an senior shirt their own...

Daly
Kitchener
Kruis
Fraser
etc etc

And it will interesting to finally have a look at young Ford. Is he as good as our Hodgson... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:21 am

I've not been overly impressed with Ford this season, I'd rather have young Joel if I'm honest.

Daley is a tough one, I can't see him getting in the full set up at 15 but 13 could be an option. Is he better than JJ though?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:26 am

I agree...i think Joel has looked good potential. I wouldnt swop at the moment thats for sure.

Daly i think could be a crackin centre. I dont think hes a FB ...yet reports are that will be his long term spot.

On a totally seperate note...whats this about the new strips being posted on Facebook? An all white with Gold collars..etc and the Bridge and the angel on it..
Reports are they were hiddeous....surely not worse than the current black and red monstrosity...

I havent seen anything? You guys seen any of them?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:17 am

Just musing really, but I can't imagine what would happen if Newcastle were to finish the regular season as undisputed league leaders (almost certain), but then lost the chance of promotion by having a howler in the play-offs...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:28 am

I'v seen the new strips on Facebook GF , they don't look fantastic. The bird who models them looks good though!

My seat for tonights game is my bed lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:28 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:I agree...i think Joel has looked good potential. I wouldnt swop at the moment thats for sure.

Daly i think could be a crackin centre. I dont think hes a FB ...yet reports are that will be his long term spot.

On a totally seperate note...whats this about the new strips being posted on Facebook? An all white with Gold collars..etc and the Bridge and the angel on it..
Reports are they were hiddeous....surely not worse than the current black and red monstrosity...

I havent seen anything? You guys seen any of them?

Outside centre surely is a bigger priority for England. I would rather see Daly developed as 13.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:25 pm

Yeah i think he should focus on either of the centre spots...rather than FB.

Do you have any pictures of the strips Driver?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

They've took them off FB , You don't want to see them though.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

No really i do..ha ha

What was the point in asking for the fans advice if they're just going to put out their own rubbish designs...and who is designing these shirts? They'll be getting paid a fortune for it aswell...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:34 pm

From what I heard the strips are not the final article and somebody 'leaked' their favourites, so it's not 100% certain that those displayed will appear.

I've heard that quite a few tickets have been shifted, so best get your share of the real ale before it runs out!!!
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:23 pm

It was very busy. the rucking mole was lovely Very Happy

Biggest cheer of the night...when the falcons result was announced.

Not the best of games mind...Saxons not great at all...but Scotland deserved their win.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

Saxons were really poor.

Most of it stemmed from Fords poor kicking and decision making. Hodgson looks a class above tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 02 Feb 2013, 2:13 pm

I totally agree...Hodgson looks a much better player...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 06 Feb 2013, 2:24 pm

I notice the new number 8 from Tynedale Ollie Stedman scored on Friday night...Deano seems hugely impressed with him.
What does that mean for Chris York?

And once again Catterick started at FB...anyone else prefer him there to Alex Tait...i know i do.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 06 Feb 2013, 2:29 pm

Think York still might have a niggly injury and Deano won't want to rush him back into it.

Will Stedman even be up to AP standard if we go back up? Hogg's played a lot lately so might just be resting him.

I think Tui'fua could be the surprise casualty in the next year or 2.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next