The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

+51
RDW
Rugby Fan
Hound of Harrow
tooboredtowork
westisbest
Scrumpy
Mickado
Irish Londoner
Imperialbigdave
BristolDave
B91212
Sam
funnyExiledScot
LeinsterFan4life
stnick88
Francogermanicenglishman
Jenifer McLadyboy
Ozzy3213
Hood83
HammerofThunor
screamingaddabs
thebluesmancometh
SirBurger
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Jimpy
aitchw
SGD prop
KickAndChase
George Carlin
Morgannwg
mckay1402
Dim
Big
DaveM
yappysnap
Sgt_Pooly
Fluxy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Driver
Portnoy
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Bristolian
Cumbrian
TrailApe
Bathite
bluestonevedder
Geordie
55 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 14 Empty Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Geordie Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager: Dean Richards
Head Coach: Peter Russell

Current Squad:

Forwards
Props:
Grant Shiels
Oliver Tomasczyk
Keiron Brookes
Scott Wilson

Hookers:
Matt Thompson
Rob Vickers
Scott Lawson

Second Rows:
Carlo Del Fava
Scott MacLeod
Sean Tomes
Frasier McKensie

Back Row
Ally Hogg
Will Welch
Richard Mayhew
Andy Saul
Mark Wilson
Chris York

Backs
SH's
Rory Lawson
Chris Pilgrim
Warren Fury
Mike Blair

Fh's
Joel Hodgson
Waisea Luveniyali
Rory Clegg
Phil Godman

Centres
Jamie Helleur
James Fitzpatrick
Tane Tu'ipulotu
Andrew Higgins
Alex Crocket
Michael Tait
Adam Powell
Danny Barnes - In from Munster

Wing:
Ryan Shortland
Andy Higgins
Suka Hufanga
Noah Cato

FB's:
Tom Catterick
Alex Tait

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:11 am; edited 21 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 14 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:27 am

Jonny Golding set to retire at the end of the season

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 14 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:28 am

Wow, Sgt_P, he's very young, isn't he? That's sad news indeed

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:29 am

30 fella, he's looking to go into business apparently. Leaves a big hole in our squad.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:40 am

In propping terms he is still coming into his prime and could go on for another 3-4 or even 5 years. The report doesn't say why he is hanging up his boots, just mentions that he is going into business.

It is a shame and a blow to the squad and you have to believe they will be going into the market for a new prop.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:36 am

Wow thats a surprise...

Well it means Shiels becomes No.1 at the moment...maybe Brookes will swtich sides.

Young Hallam in the Academy is probably too raw as of yet but will probably be promoted for some game time.

But yeah probably in the market for a couple of props.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:26 am

Just looking on the Unoffy...and looking on the official website...our side at the moment is gonna be curious next season should we go up. I would hope there are further signings should that happen.

1 Shiells
2 S.Lawson
3 Tomas / Brookes / S.Wilson
4 McKenzie
5 Del Fava
6 Wilson
7 Welch / Saull
8 Hogg / York

9 Blair
10 Clegg (Hodgson)
11 Shortland
12 Helleur
13 Powell
14 Cato (Kibirige getting gametime)
15 Catterick

Whilst i think we would be ok, i dont think it would totally scare many of the AP teams.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:46 pm

Know what you mean but it's unlikely any newly promoted club is going to have the ideal squad. You have to do a 'Chiefs' and get them playing for each other so they achieve beyond their individual standards. From this season's performance I'd back Deano to achieve that.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:56 pm

Yeah i think we'll be fine...we'll play as a unit...and we have a nice mix of seasoned pros and young talent.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:31 pm

I think with the current squad we'll really struggle. Some class and some very promising youngsters, but I can't see another team with as limited a squad. Which teams do you see us finishing above, if we go up of course!

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:40 pm

It's a bottom 3 squad without doubt.......currently.

I think only Irish look worse on paper.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:03 pm

Looking at Wuss, Sale and Irish this season I think you'll potentially get above any of them. All you honestly need is a tough pack and for Clegg to be on form, that should be enough to keep you up at least, momentum and a settled squad may well see you get up to 8th

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 26 Apr 2013, 8:16 am

Yeah Yappy that was my thoughts...i would hope we could match or better Wuss, Sale and Irish. But who knows.

Hopefully we'll sign a few more to take us above that.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 8:38 am

I forgot about Irish, they're looking pretty threadbare. Wuss always look like a team who'll struggle but then do ok, quite a gnarled group. But without Mullan and Kvesic the pack will lose a lot of quality so should be nearer the bottom than top. Sale, who knows, I don't like Diamond but he's actually done alright for them I think when he's coached the forwards. Their pack looks very average but he's got them competing, and given how young they are they should only get better.

So yeah, I guess I could see us finishing above one of those three. It'll be tight though.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 26 Apr 2013, 8:50 am

Oh it'll be tight i agree Hood...

And alot will depend on how our recent recruits perform.

We've taken a gamble on Powell, Clegg, Cato, Saull, Brookes etc...all young, experienced at Prem level, reached Saxons level..and yet never seemed to have reached their potential. IF we can drag this potential out of them (something i trust Peter Russell in particular in achieving) then we could have signed several gems.

Add in experience like Hogg, Blair, Del fava, new starlets like Scott Wilson, Zach Kibirige, Joel Hodgson etc then im confident we have enough ...and with that a platform to really build an impressive squad over the next few years.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 26 Apr 2013, 9:16 am

I suspect Deano hasn't finished with recruitment yet, I am still hoping that he has got some big irons in the fire. In my opinion we definitely need a good replacement for Golding and a couple of others.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

Beat Bedford in the b&I cup and now face Leinster in the final...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:38 pm

Hood, Wuss are losing some quality in Mullan, Kvesic and Goode but they are signing Crevvy and another Argie who plays loosehead. Add to that Mieres and Warwick at 10 and 15. There's some quality there. What could scupper their development is Dean Ryan, it's been a few years since he accomplished anything at club level.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 27 Apr 2013, 7:27 pm

Whilst I doubt Falcons will be winning the league, their squad definitely looks better than Irish and pushing Sale and Worcester too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:19 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Beat Bedford in the b&I cup and now face Leinster in the final...
Just came on to post this.

We have an Amlin final the same day. So feck all travelling fans. Crying or Very sad

You guys seem to have a good few 6 day turnarounds (like us) Last team we played a Dean Richards side was Easter 09. Quite a famous game........

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

I assumed you wouldnt be putting a full strength side out...but will still be very strong opposition.

Looking forward to the game.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:57 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Beat Bedford in the b&I cup and now face Leinster in the final...

We have an Amlin final the same day. So feck all travelling fans. Crying or Very sad

You guys seem to have a good few 6 day turnarounds (like us) Last team we played a Dean Richards side was Easter 09. Quite a famous game........

Was it necessary to allude to the B word?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Was it necessary to allude to the B word?
Funny. As Leinster fans we never refer to it as such. It is always just referred to as "the stoop"
It's a bit of a badge of honour having been there for it. I was there this month again for Munster. Generally great bunch of fans. (Quins fans) Met a few less savoury ones this time but they turned out to be Sarries fans from the previous day.

Biggest mistake you made in 09 was not the B it was putting all of us in the one stand. Smile Us fans in the stoop won "player of the month" at Leinster for April 09.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

Whats the B word?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:58 pm

Bloodgate, GF
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:54 pm

What side have Leinster being fielding for the bi cup?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 30 Apr 2013, 6:48 am

Ah of course CJ....bit slow on the uptake there....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

I can't see the point in putting blood into your mouth - unless you've got the sausage, scrambled egg, bacon, beans, potato scone, mushrooms and fried bread to go with it.

And a cup of tea and toast and marmalade.

Then biscuits.

Shortly followed by lunch

I wonder what's for Tea?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:39 am

Can't believe Welchy didn't make Lions

#Overhyping
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Its a disgrace mate...he shouldve been captain.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:26 pm

Driver wrote:What side have Leinster being fielding for the bi cup?

you can get match reports, teams etc here

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/team/results/results_leinster_a.php#.UX_GVkpyzHR

Just click on the fixture to get the related stuff.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 01 May 2013, 8:40 am

Where's the final being played - not on the RFU website ?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 01 May 2013, 12:02 pm

Check out the new kit...MUCH better. Ill be having one

http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/story/falcons-launch-new-kit

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 01 May 2013, 12:41 pm

Quite smart that

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 01 May 2013, 12:45 pm

Its way better than that shambles from this season.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 01 May 2013, 4:56 pm

Love it.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 01 May 2013, 5:06 pm

I like the White shirt better tbh ,

See we've had no one nominated for Player of year.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 03 May 2013, 11:30 am

Teams up:

Newcastle Falcons: 15 Alex Tait, 14 Noah Cato, 13 Adam Powell, 12 Tane Tu’ipulotu, 11 Ryan Shortland, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Warren Fury, 1 Jonny Golding, 2 Michael Mayhew, 3 Oliver Tomaszczyk, 4 Scott MacLeod, 5 James Hudson, 6 Mark Wilson, 7 Will Welch (c), 8 Ally Hogg

Replacements: 16 Rob Vickers, 17 Scott Wilson, 18 Carlo del Fava, 19 Richard Mayhew, 20 Chris Pilgrim, 21 Joel Hodgson, 22 Jamie Helleur

Good to see Tane back

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 03 May 2013, 11:34 am

Aye...nice to see Pilgrim on the bench aswell...would liked him to have got a full season in this season.
Strong looking bench actually...

Come on you falcons!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 03 May 2013, 11:37 am

Forlorn hope I suppose, but this game isn't going to be televised at all is it?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 03 May 2013, 11:52 am

Dont think so mate..

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 03 May 2013, 12:00 pm

What kind of squad to you expect to be able to put out against Leinster A in a couple of weeks? I know it's at a very awkward time with the playoffs coming up.

Anyway, don't break a sweat about it, send the U14's thumbsup

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 03 May 2013, 12:15 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Dont think so mate..

Had a look again, it is. I was checking on the wrong day! Sky Sports 4 at 3:00pm on Monday.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 03 May 2013, 12:21 pm

Really???!!!

Awesome...ill be watching it

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 03 May 2013, 12:23 pm

C'mon Falcons!!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 03 May 2013, 12:31 pm

Just been looking at the team...and had a think..

Whats with Michael Mayhew starting? And is Catterick injured?
And Helleur has been playing very well...to be benched straight away for Tane...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 03 May 2013, 12:35 pm

Mayhew is a real random call, bit late to decide he's our best hooker

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 03 May 2013, 12:39 pm

Yeah, just had a quick look on the unoffy and thats the talking point on there...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Mon 06 May 2013, 2:50 pm

Getting excited now! The Leeds team:

15. Stevie McColl
14. Oli Goss
13. Josh Griffin
12. Fred Burdon
11. David Doherty
10. Joe Ford
9. Craig Hampson

1. Lee Imiolek
2. Scott Freer
3. Damien Tussac
4. Calum Green
5. Matt Smith
6. Rob Baldwin
7. Chris Walker
8. Jacob Rowan (c)

16. Phil Nilsen
17. James Currie
18. Ben Harris
19. Pierce Phillips
20. Ryan Burrows
21. James Doherty
22. Christian Georgiou

I like Leeds as a club because they really try to utilise their local area and academy. They have produced so many good players who are now playing for other premiership clubs (even more so than us I think). They continue to do so for England age groups.

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 May 2013, 2:52 pm

10pt win?

Must admit Leeds looked poor at our place, although they've picked up lately I still fancy us to just have too much.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Mon 06 May 2013, 3:04 pm

I would like to get as big of a lead as possible. Hopefully lay down a marker.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next