The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toughest game you've ever played?

+29
TinRibs
The Galveston Giant
Uryu Ishida
GSC
Adam D
Pr4wn
Interceptor
cherriesfna
MIG
Beer
ScarletSpiderman
SirJohnnyEnglish
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y2James
break_in_the_fifth
compelling and rich
Shifty
mckay1402
nadeem2099
President Trump
ShahenshahG
Hero
pscott
Dass
jimbryant
Fists of Fury
hampo17
silverfox
liverbnz
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Toughest game you've ever played? - Page 2 Empty Toughest game you've ever played?

Post by liverbnz Mon 24 Sep 2012 - 11:11

First topic message reminder :

I thought of this one last night as I was playing Tomb Raider III. Yes, that's right the 3rd installment of Playstation's very own icon Lara Croft (how she manages to climb rocky hills, swing from trees and back flip over spikes with those every growing 'canon balls' I'll never know!), which was first released 14 years ago.

I've downloaded a few PSOne classics from the PS Store recently that I'd played when I was younger (Spyro series) and TR3 was one of them. I'm beginning to wonder how I ever finished the game in my younger years as it's incredibly difficult to get from one end of the level to the other without dying 1000 times. This is compounded on the console version by having game-saves restricted to the amount of blue crystals you can collect (max 4/5 per level), the game being extremely dark, the controls being non user-freindly and the path through the levels being, for the most part, effectively followed by chance rather than any skill.

I came to the conclusion that this is most definitely the most difficult game I have ever played. 'They just don't make 'em like that any more'.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Toughest game you've ever played? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toughest game you've ever played?

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 13:38

I developed my fps skills from that game (XIII), the whole strafing while aiming thing and the R2 to fire.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Toughest game you've ever played? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toughest game you've ever played?

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 19:48

Lost the tv series for xbox was tough for me, loved the show but i didnt have a Frak clue how to do the puzzles and stuff, was rubbish.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 22:47

compelling and rich wrote:i remember being stuck in the water temple on zelda ocarina of time for quite a while! didnt have the internet back then where i could simply check what i needed to do.

I was the same, because of one stupid block that I'd missed. Had to buy the walkthrough otherwise I'd still be playing it now. I think you had to play Zeldas lullaby in front of it or song of time and it opened something

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 18:25

gazzyD wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:i remember being stuck in the water temple on zelda ocarina of time for quite a while! didnt have the internet back then where i could simply check what i needed to do.

I was the same, because of one stupid block that I'd missed. Had to buy the walkthrough otherwise I'd still be playing it now. I think you had to play Zeldas lullaby in front of it or song of time and it opened something

i did the same! bought a magazine with the walk through. it really was a bitch of a temple, after that the rest was a breeze.

could be just that i was younger though, i remember playing the first sonic and being really stuck because i didn't know you had to push the block on the button!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TinRibs Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 17:11

Definitely The Terminator on Sega Master System.

It only had about four levels, but it was so hard that you could count yourself lucky if you got past the first one.
TinRibs
TinRibs

http://richieandrews.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 0:25

I remember Abe's Odyssey being pretty darn tough, don't think I even finished it off properly. I hear they're making a remake of it too.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 9:41

TinRibs wrote:Definitely The Terminator on Sega Master System.

It only had about four levels, but it was so hard that you could count yourself lucky if you got past the first one.

Pure luck getting past the 1st level trying to get past the laser at the end of it!! Smashed a controller in anger at that as a child!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 14:37

mad Some of my hardest games to complete were Rad Gravity (Nes), Castlevania 2 (Nes) (where you had to kneel down by a wall with an orb selected so a wirlwind can take you somewhere) Turtles (Nes) and Batman (Nes) never have and never will complete them mad 

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 15:24

when games are to hard it takes all the enjoyment out of it for me . played dark souls hit the first zombie thirsty times before he died then come across two together and didnt have no chance.tried a couple of times died died died . that was two months ago and not touched it since

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 19:15

I'm the opposite the harder a game the more enjoyment I get out of it, I like a game that makes me sit back and think about what I'm doing and making me constantly adjust. I actually think games have on the whole got far to easy and dumbed down in recent times, to the extent I've been playing more selectively. Sad 

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 22:40

Pacman, never gotten past Level 55, considering buying the arcade game. This was an obsession from age 12-15
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2