The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avengers or Batman?

+7
President Trump
Mike Selig
bluestonevedder
SirJohnnyEnglish
mystiroakey
jimbryant
Scott is Back
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Batman or Avengers Assemble?

Avengers or Batman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Avengers or Batman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
Avengers or Batman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Avengers or Batman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 19

Avengers or Batman? - Page 2 Empty Avengers or Batman?

Post by Scott is Back Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,
Just a pretty basic Poll. What film did you prefer, Batman or Avengers Assemble?

Make your choice, state your reasoning.....Lets Debate!
boxing

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Avengers or Batman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers or Batman?

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:31 am

I hated them all before nolans work so It truely stands out for me and has actually got me into more superhero stuff on the back of it.

I think this style of filmaking in the genre redefined it. We are getting other superhero films in the same type of styling. Nolan has moved things forward

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:40 am

Tbh I'd rather sit and watch Ironman.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

I will actually say the Nolan Batman trilogy is epic. It follows Bruce through his life and that is what stands out against the 90's version. The struggle of the mantle that is Batman and the conflicts in Bruce's mind it causes is a fascinating watch and brilliant story telling. My friends I saw it with were like "Well it isn't a Dark Knight is it" and that is the mistake for some who may have felt the film series ended at the Dark Knight.

I think Iron Man especially learnt a lot from Nolan's Batman. To journey a man's life and the struggles outside the hero persona and the impact it has. I look forward to Iron Man 3 and how that comes full circle.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

Yeah my thoughts exactly thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

I think Iron Man especially learnt a lot from Nolan's Batman

Really?? how so

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:01 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:

Really?? how so

Yeah I'm not convinced by this.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:04 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:

Really?? how so

By divulging into the character make up. Iron Man 1 it was more to the with his ignorance arrogance which subsided when he was kidnapped and witnessed first hand what his weapons were doing to innocent lives. Iron Man 2 he was feeling sorry for himself, felt unappreciated and as a direct result became reckless after becoming so responsible in Iron Man 1. Previous Marvel adaptations focused more on the powers of the hero's much rather than the alter-ego's.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

Thats hardly unique to Batman as a film
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:08 am

As a superhero film yes it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:11 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:

Really?? how so

By divulging into the character make up. Iron Man 1 it was more to the with his ignorance arrogance which subsided when he was kidnapped and witnessed first hand what his weapons were doing to innocent lives. Iron Man 2 he was feeling sorry for himself, felt unappreciated and as a direct result became reckless after becoming so responsible in Iron Man 1. Previous Marvel adaptations focused more on the powers of the hero's much rather than the alter-ego's.

If you actually read or knew anything about Iron Man/Tony Stark you would have expected that to be shown in at least one of the films, he was always egotistical and up his own arse, and in later years became an alcoholic and depressed so as GSC said all the back story and dark and brudy stuff isnt really unique for just Batman or the films, sure the original Spiderman films were just as indept

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:15 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:

Really?? how so

If you actually read or knew anything about Iron Man/Tony Stark you would have expected that to be shown in at least one of the films, he was always egotistical and up his own arse, and in later years became an alcoholic and depressed so as GSC said all the back story and dark and brudy stuff isnt really unique for just Batman or the films, sure the original Spiderman films were just as indept

That's actually a lazy view to take. So a true understanding of the character can only be truly understood by a reader as a viewer. I have read Iron Man comics before so I am fully aware of the character.

There is a difference between comics and films.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

I honestly think the overview and production of all superhero films has become more stylised/coller/darker since nolans batman. I dont know anything about the comicbooks etc. But what i do now is that i have enjoyed the recent superhero films due to the production and styling. That has somewhat shifted since nolans batman. I believe he has moved the genre forward

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:26 am

There is nothing lazy about my view at all, I understand the difference but I still cant see the reason behind your view that the Iron Man films were influenced in anyway by the latest Batman films they are completly different with the only simularities being is that the main characters are Rich and actually have no Super Powers.

If you like it or not the Batman films were adapted from the comicbooks and so making it a comicbook film, the one thing the Nolan films have do in my eyes is that they have put me off Batman and anything to do with the character for a long time, its people like you and others that cant shut up about it and over think every aspect of the films like it has never been done before in cinema history, granted he did a great job in pumping some life into the franchise but you cant mention comic books, superhero films or anything Batman related without the thread/conversation being hijacked by the same droning over and over again about the films, one of my mates went to see the film 12 bleeding times for Christ sake, I saw it once and wondered what the fuss was about

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:32 am

your mate has taste Dicey

but 12 times!!!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:35 am

Its borderline mental, Myst Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:39 am

Drool

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:48 am

An honest question to the Batman film nuts, do you think the Nolan Films improved the franchise or has he hampered it as in the next director to take the helm has big shoes to fill and anything but a film made on par on the last will flop and ruin all of Nolans work?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

I was never a batman(or comicbook fan) -so nolan made the genre accesable to me and many others with his quality.

No one can ruin of all nolans work- Every film he has made is top draw..

If any batman film is made after that isnt up to par then that will only elevate nolans films and him as a director. If the next director surpassess nolan then its because nolan has set the bar so high. therefore helped the genre.

However what has happened due to nolan is that comicbook films have become cooler and more mainstream. This can be a problem for hardcore fans.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

If you like it or not the Batman films were adapted from the comicbooks and so making it a comicbook film, the one thing the Nolan films have do in my eyes is that they have put me off Batman and anything to do with the character for a long time, its people like you and others that cant shut up about it and over think every aspect of the films like it has never been done before in cinema history, granted he did a great job in pumping some life into the franchise but you cant mention comic books, superhero films or anything Batman related without the thread/conversation being hijacked by the same droning over and over again about the films, one of my mates went to see the film 12 bleeding times for Christ sake, I saw it once and wondered what the fuss was about

Ermm I never said that they weren't based on the comics. What I am saying is that the story-telling is much more intricate and not so scratchy. I mean god I sat through some awful comic book adaptation crap like The Punisher, Spawn, Phantom and so on. What Nolan has done is shift the focus off crap like weapons and cars and made it more biographical. Jon Favreau for me has picked up on this.

Previous incarnations of comic heroes has been awful due to the 'Look at the effects we can do' to mask up crap script writing.

It is people like you who moan and bleat like everything is done before. Jeez whizz is it any wonder why they genres! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:09 am

Ermm I never said that they weren't based on the comics. What I am saying is that the story-telling is much more intricate and not so scratchy. I mean god I sat through some awful comic book adaptation crap like The Punisher, Spawn, Phantom and so on. What Nolan has done is shift the focus off crap like weapons and cars and made it more biographical. Jon Favreau for me has picked up on this.

The Iron Man films are ALL about the weapons, the cars and the beautiful women and nothing like Nolans Batman ideology at all, I really dont see how you can compare them to be honest

And you better not be calling Dolph Lundgren's Punisher crap warning

Previous incarnations of comic heroes has been awful due to the 'Look at the effects we can do' to mask up crap script writing

Most of that is down to the abilities at the time and the expectations of the viewers, simplar times and all that, without the Matrix and the effects in that people would still be happy with what they got

It is people like you who moan and bleat like everything is done before. Jeez whizz is it any wonder why they genres! .

But it has been done before but Nolan has just done it better and adapted it to his Batman films, I enjoyed the films (Batman Begins being my favourite) but I just cant see what all the fuse is about, he hit the nail on the head with the Joker but then in my opinion ruined Bane and disapointed with the last film

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:23 am

No not the Lundgren version. The Thomas Jane one. Lundgren was epic. That was a brilliant incarnation of The Punisher.

The Dark Knight was a tall order for any film to follow. I think TDKR was able to hold it's own as a film. Bane's voice may have taken the edge of Hardy's performance, though many remarked on how his physical presence was on the money. What the Dark Knight did so well with the Joker is have him get inside the mind of Bruce Wayne to large extent that both the person and persona were stretched to breaking point causing fear, despair, desperation all traits he seeked to eliminate from himself when becoming batman. This is where I feel Iron Man is a good comparison because what you have is someone with what would be deemed unlimited resource and yet nearly died and experience feelings you could associate with someone knowing their impending death which causes irrational thinking like the party scenes or eating doughnuts in that donut ring thing.

I just feel they are good at the story telling aspect despite being a comic book adaptation.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:40 am

Its nothing against the film, but it just asnt a special movie for me. Avengers was just epic, an
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

Thats fine GSC. I feel the same with many supposedly epic films. No one is right or wrong in this section IMO

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:54 am

I am gonna buy The Punisher at lunch time now Laugh oh and The Avengers Whistle

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

Avengers by a country mile

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

BTW i tried watching avengers- but couldnt get through the film!! will try again another time

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:56 pm

What did you find wrong with it Myst? I am like that with the Burton Batman films but strangly find myself enjoying the Schumacher ones chin

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

To be honest i think the copy i purchased from HMC was flawed. The quailty looked like a cam. That might have been the problem. Will certainly watch at some point with a decent copy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 04 Oct 2012, 6:47 am

I liked Batman but I thought Avengers was very good.
I liked the last XMen too. That might have been better than the lot.
I've been buying comics for about 35 years and am pleased that movies are starting to catch up in terms of story telling and that the special effects can do the super powers justice.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2