The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/4 the way and counting...

+5
GSC
TM Moot
mikeygnfl
crazy_dave23
skins4ever
9 posters

Go down

1/4 the way and counting... Empty 1/4 the way and counting...

Post by skins4ever Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:34 pm

OK, we're 1/4 the way into the season and things are starting to shape up. Who are your top 3 favourites for SB winner and top 3 for the 1st overall pick in the draft?

For me its Falcons, Texans and Patriots for the SB. I'd like to include the 49ers, but after wk 3...

#1 pick I reckon will go to the Browns, though the Jags could push them. And with Locker hurt, I reckon the TItans round out the 3. I just can't see the Saints tanking every game, though their D is making the Skins D lok good right now!

Lastly, anyone think there's a coach on a hot seat at the moment? Unusually, I don't think there's anyone in immediate danger of the sack right now, despite some crappy starts, but come week 8, it could be a different picture...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

1/4 the way and counting... Empty Re: 1/4 the way and counting...

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm about to do a fair bit of agreeing with you...

Falcons Texans is the obvious pick for the Superbowl, so why go against it!

That said I can see both falling in the playoyffs to someone like the Eagles, Packers, Patriots or Ravens even if there number 1 seeds.

Number one picks seems destined for the Browns in my opinion. Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Jags, Raiders and maybe Dolphins will be around that area as well.

In terms of coaches it's an interesting one. You can't fire the Saints coach, because it's the interim interim of a very good HC. Then the rest of the bad teams are broadly speaking the usual suspects who have all recently sacked there coaches and so it is really a bit to early to judge (see Philbin, Mularky, Crennel, Allen etc.).
Pat Shurmur has done nothing to show signs of turning Cleveland around. There devoid of an offence yet again... I can't remember them ever having one in the 10 years I've been following the game... One season of flunking it by Derek Anderson. Fear they may be regretting the Brandon Weeden "Rookie" QB thing

I should add that I would LIKE Rex Ryan to get sacked for being irritating and so big headed and blinded that he won't put Revis on IR despite him clearly being incapable of making the Superbowl (when they won't even hit the playoffs anyway) thus wasting a roster spot that could be used to provide some vague form of cover for him

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:12 am

The Texans have had it fairly easy so far but should run away with their division and probably the number 1 seed in the AFC.

The Patriots will get better and have a stronger running game this year and the Ravens make up the best of the AFC.

I don't think the Browns are as bad as people think they are and have had some close games against strong opposition. They are in a tough division though and the likes of the Jaguars, Titans and Colts will probably take wins off each other.

The Jets are somehow 2-2(?) and it will be interesting to see how Tebow time goes one Sanchez time is over. The Dolphins have been better than I thought they would be and if not for mistakes could easily have been 3-1.

In the NFC the Cardinals have been a big surprise at 4-0 but I still think the 49ers will pass them by the end of the regular season. The Falcons took a huge step towards the NFC South divisional title with a win over the Panthers. I think the Falcons and the 49ers will be the top two seeds out of this conference.

I really don't know how the Eagles are 3-1 having watched a couple of their games and they surely can't go on much longer scrambling wins. I think the Giants and Packers will be eventually too strong in their divisions come week 17.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 am

AFC - Texans, with the Ravens and Patriots challenging
NFC - Falcons & 49ers, and then take your pick, Bears, Eagles, Cards!, Packers, Giants

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Last 2 SB champs started 3-1 Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm a Cards fan so have to pick them, what with our 4-0 start. We have an atrocious running game and an O-line that is held together with bailing wire and bubble gum, but it's working well enough to keep Kolb upright (well, kind of -- he did get sacked 8 times last game). As long as the defense doesn't suffer significant injuries (knock on wood -- Dockett did miss the last game with a tweaked hammy) then we'll always be in games.

If the Cards falter, it will probably be the 49ers or Falcons.

For the AFC, I think at the quarter season mark, the Texans are by far and away the most complete team in the NFL.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Top picks for SB - Got to go with 49ers/Falcons from the NFC, and Texans/Ravens from the AFC, with mention to the Patriots and Packers. Texans-49ers was my pre season pick, the Falcons look good but I still want to see them up against a real contender, maybe the Eagles game will give us a more realistic view of their strength.

The Browns are probably the favourite for the number 1 pick, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Saints shut down Brees for the season in a couple of weeks, and they then get a shedload of picks for someone like Geno Smith.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Its the Falcons coming to Philly after our bye week. They dont have a hope in hell lol
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Most improved teams so far? Bucs are the best looking 1-3 team by miles. I'm very impressed so far.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Most improved
Cards... I know they finished strongly last year, but really 4-0!
Vikings... I had them penciled in at the basement of the North, but that was partly because I didn't expect AP to come on so well
Rams / Dolphins... don't actually suck as much as I thought they might

Most disappointing
Lions... been a bit hopeless really, especially on special teams
Titans... expected a lot more.
Saints... Manage to find a way to lose despite massive offensive firepower.
Raiders / Chiefs... neither look like winning many games, not that I expected masses from them

I expected the Jets to suck... Rolling Eyes

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Like others have said the obvious picks are the Falcons and Texans but when it's come to the Superbowl of late, the obvious doesn't often happen!! Wouldn't surprise me if someone we're almost writing off just now comes through and gets themselves there. These days it often seems to be a team that catches fire through December that gets there. If Atlanta and Houston can keep going through to the second half of the regular season on their current form, it'll be very interesting to see how they cope with the weight of expectation down the stretch. It really wouldn't surprise me to see the Giants emerge from the NFC again given their experience that exists in that squad. The Bears D will take them close too I reckon. How well Cutler plays will be the deciding factor for them - if he can keep the mistakes down then I don't think they'll be far away. Then there's the 49ers. They will be very much in the mix. That's my 3 from the NFC - Giants, Bears, 49ers. I'm just not sold on the Falcons just yet while the Packers just seem to be lacking some kind of spark this season.

AFC is more clear cut to me - Texans will stay in the mix I think and I'd put the Pats and Ravens in there too. Belichick and Brady will always keep the Pats close while the Ravens are just they've always been - solid in most areas. I think they'll come up short again though - their defense seems to be really missing Suggs and has dropped it's level a few notches and I don't think their offense is quite consistent enough yet to carry them through. Might be wrong though!!

No. 1 draft pick - It's hard to see past Cleveland right now isn't it? Most of the other teams that are around the bottom just now you could envisage picking up at least 2 or 3 or 4 more wins but right now, it's hard to see Cleveland winning more than 3 games. Number 2 and 3 picks - I'll say Oakland and Carolina but to be honest, it could be any two of these teams and about another 6 or 7 teams. I think Carolina are in real trouble though unless Cam finds last season's form on a consistent basis again because it does look like beyond him, they're still a fairly limited football team.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down