The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

x days and counting...

5 posters

Go down

x days and counting... Empty x days and counting...

Post by Critical_mass Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Well 21days 22 hours and 12 mins the app on my phones says until the Friday practice at Spa... anyone else already starting to go cold turkey?

Its going to be a long 3 weeks.... roll on..

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

x days and counting... Empty Re: x days and counting...

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:00 am

its a long time but i just hope we get a dry race in spa. I really wanna see where the teams are at after the break in dry 'normal' conditions. Obviously its a power circuit so mclaren n ferrari should be strong in sector 1 and 3 but red bull will on top in sector 2. i think it will be a cracking race in the dry, although button obviously will be hoping for rain storms. Hopefully a repeat of last season a DNF for Button n Vettel would do nicely. I think Ferrari are gonna come on real strong in the hotter races n alonso would be my bet for runner up in championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

yeah im looking for a alonso and lewis battle, prob with vettel in 3rd place, button in 4th and massa 5th. Though a DNF for vettel would be handy.

Didnt button declare the WDC chase was over for him? He should be helping his team mate like massa is trying to.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

button said after his win in a wet canada that 'he was the man to challenge vettel' AND after his win in a wet hungary 'I'm going to target Vettel on a race by race basis' The fact is when we returned to dry conditions after canada what happened button got destroyed. The same thing will happen again. Germany he got destroyed and was over 30 seconds back on the leading three then retired. In Silverstone Button (the apparent master of rain i.e new professor) was completely destroyed and overtaken by hamilton and was around 20 seconds back on the leading boys running in 4th or 5th, then retired thanks to the brilliance of the right front mechanic (tht guy deserved a pay rise, i hope he got it). in valencia in dry conditions button was once again destroyed and finished over 1 minute behind vettel (the same man button thinks in dry conditions he can challenge) - one word delusional!. Button's wins in the wet just delay the inevitable ending of his challenge. In dry conditions the real pace of the driver is revealed, he will never aid hamilton (did he do it last season with 2 races to go, NO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

You'll be pleased to hear John lol

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/08/revealed-vfs-2011-international-best-dressed-list.html

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

John wrote:button said after his win in a wet canada that 'he was the man to challenge vettel' AND after his win in a wet hungary 'I'm going to target Vettel on a race by race basis' The fact is when we returned to dry conditions after canada what happened button got destroyed. The same thing will happen again. Germany he got destroyed and was over 30 seconds back on the leading three then retired. In Silverstone Button (the apparent master of rain i.e new professor) was completely destroyed and overtaken by hamilton and was around 20 seconds back on the leading boys running in 4th or 5th, then retired thanks to the brilliance of the right front mechanic (tht guy deserved a pay rise, i hope he got it). in valencia in dry conditions button was once again destroyed and finished over 1 minute behind vettel (the same man button thinks in dry conditions he can challenge) - one word delusional!. Button's wins in the wet just delay the inevitable ending of his challenge. In dry conditions the real pace of the driver is revealed, he will never aid hamilton (did he do it last season with 2 races to go, NO!

🤦

Are you out of your tiny mind?

Why should Button help Hamilton? They've both won 2 races this season and are separated by a mere 12 points. It would have been a lot less (he may even be ahead of Lewis) were it not for a loose wheel and a hydraulic failure in consecutive races. Who's to say Jenson won't get conditions that favour him at other tracks this season?

Massa only helps Alonso because that is Ferrari's policy. McLaren rightly allow their drivers to race until one of them is mathematically unable to win the title. Given that Vettel is 84 points clear in the drivers' standings and Red Bull's huge lead in the constructors' table, both titles are effectively sewn up.

There is no point in anyone implementing team orders unless and until another driver is in with a shout of overtaking Vettel.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

I would further add that calling Button "delusional" just highlights your own blinkered stupidity.

He has weaknesses but then so does Hamilton (and as do most other drivers) which hamper them in certain situations.

He has as much chance as any of the chasing pack right now...which is pretty slim, as long as Vettel continues picking up points.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

Spa is normally wet (coincidentally called Spa) so I expect Hamilton and Alsonso to fight it out if it is as they are the best in the wet and Button to win if it's a changeable race. We could even see a McLaren 1/2. Also could be a good track for Force India. I'd expect both Sutil and Di Resta in the top 10 if things go their way. Mercedes are also very quick in a straight line as well... Hmmm could be a toughie to call the podium places.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

All we need in SPA is for the lapper to get a DNF. Come on Felipe baby, you can ram him like you ram others. Then we need Hamilton, Alonso and Button to finish in the top 3.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

i think it will be a race that will be tough for RB. Depends on the difference between sectors 1 and 3 to sector 2 where RB will be fastest (we assume). It will be a cooler race i think, so should favour mclaren again.

I agree the podium will be tough to say, so many teams could do well. Would like Di resta to fnish top 5 ;-)

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm

Bonjourno!

Belgarion of Riva wrote:All we need in SPA is for the lapper to get a DNF. Come on Felipe baby, you can ram him like you ram others. Then we need Hamilton, Alonso and Button to finish in the top 3.

For somebody who calls for integrity of racing drivers and frowns upon cheats I am somewhat surprised by this statement. "Ram him like you ram others?" Rather slanderous isnt it?

Didn't 'Ramilton' Ram Massa in Monaco with his driving technique. Surely if you want somebody to do the ramming, you would want somebody who has nothing but 'Destruction Derby' pre loaded in the Simulator back at McLaren HQ? (If that’s your kind of thing that you want to see happen in F1 races).

I would much rather see Vettel bottle it under mass Alonso pressure. Much more satisfying as a real fan living by the rules.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:20 pm

lol you're an idiot honestly.

Rather see Hamilton hit another driver by attempting to get past the car in front, on a track known for its lack of overtaking opportunities. The watch said Ferrari follow Petrov for the last half of the race, Yawn fest.

Come on Alexandro get some balance to your comment. Its always one sided with you.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Bonjourno!

Belgarion of Riva wrote:All we need in SPA is for the lapper to get a DNF. Come on Felipe baby, you can ram him like you ram others. Then we need Hamilton, Alonso and Button to finish in the top 3.

For somebody who calls for integrity of racing drivers and frowns upon cheats I am somewhat surprised by this statement. "Ram him like you ram others?" Rather slanderous isnt it?

Didn't 'Ramilton' Ram Massa in Monaco with his driving technique. Surely if you want somebody to do the ramming, you would want somebody who has nothing but 'Destruction Derby' pre loaded in the Simulator back at McLaren HQ? (If that’s your kind of thing that you want to see happen in F1 races).

I would much rather see Vettel bottle it under mass Alonso pressure. Much more satisfying as a real fan living by the rules.

Forza Alonso!

It's obvious to anyone with a brain that my post was in jest. Massa has rammed people in the past and made his car wide in order to prevent overtakes from others, whilst slowing down and letting Alonso through without so much as a whimper. So i'm pretty sure anyone can see the thought process behind my post.

I'm a great believer in integrity on the race track, something a lot of drivers share. Unfortunately your idol's actions show he is not concerned about issues like integrity OK

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down