The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention

+11
GunsGerms
geoff998rugby
munkian
Pat_Mustard
Huwball
Brennus
LeinsterFan4life
Golden
Hound of Harrow
Artful_Dodger
Taylorman
15 posters

Go down

Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention Empty Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention

Post by Taylorman Tue 17 Dec 2013, 7:11 pm

This would be a real coup for Munster I reckon. hes a rugged one of the boys type, rare these days and known for his 'What...are we not allowed to tackle carter' super xv comment as well as his carding last year.

Has plenty of game left in him and I hope he gets a stint over there.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/9527488/Munster-interested-in-Andrew-Hore-UK-reports

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention Empty Re: Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 17 Dec 2013, 7:31 pm

Would be a good signing for Munster to cover the injured Sherry for the HC and a very quick money spinner for Hore.  I can see it happening.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention Empty Re: Andrew Hore for Munster? was counting the days till he got a mention

Post by Hound of Harrow Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:11 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Would be a good signing for Munster to cover the injured Sherry for the HC and a very quick money spinner for Hore.  I can see it happening.

So you don't envisage him playing in the Pro12?

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:15 pm

Weird that Leinster have been looking at a kiwi hooker for a while and then Munster are linked with Hore.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:40 pm

Munster should be bringing through the former Ireland u20 captain Niall Scannell instead of bringing in this guy.

Scannell was very impressive in our best performing u20 team to date but hasn't been given a real gametime to speak of.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennus Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:52 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Munster should be bringing through the former Ireland u20 captain Niall Scannell instead of bringing in this guy.

Scannell was very impressive in our best performing u20 team to date but hasn't been given a real gametime to speak of.

Scannell is one for the future alright but Duncan Casey is ahead of him at the moment. Though I don't think either can compare to Andrew Hore.

Brennus

Back to top Go down

Post by Huwball Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:04 am

Darn it... I thought the Ospreys were getting rid for a minute  Run 

wishful thinking unfortunately  Sad 

Still, keep an eye on the seal colonies off the coast - I hear there are common seals and Atlantic grey seals if he is signed to keep him busy  Whistle

Huwball

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Wed 18 Dec 2013, 7:55 am

how many days was it then?

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:48 am

Yey, another foreign front rower for an Irish province, that won't have any impact on the Irish team...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm

Actually not that many NIQ players at the 3 Provinces for next year.

As for Hooker Ireland are fine:
Best and Herring at Ulster
Cronin and Strauss at Leinster
Sherry at Munster

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:01 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:Actually not that many NIQ players at the 3 Provinces for next year.

Sherry at Munster

Some really good props too:

Tight head: Martin Moore, Mike Ross, Jamie Hagan, Stephen Archer, Bent & Declan Fitzpatrick.
Loosehead: Jack McGrath, Kilcoyne, Healy.

Thats at least three international class props on each side I reckon.

Its no wonder Tom Court has decided to go to LI.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:17 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:Actually not that many NIQ players at the 3 Provinces for next year.

Sherry at Munster

Some really good props too:

Tight head: Martin Moore, Mike Ross, Jamie Hagan, Stephen Archer, Bent & Declan Fitzpatrick.
Loosehead: Jack McGrath, Kilcoyne, Healy.

Thats at least three international class props on each side I reckon.

Its no wonder Tom Court has decided to go to LI.

Excise me..... and what about Ulster  (other than Fitzpatrick)

TH: Lutton who I would rate above Bent and the equal of Hagan and Archer. Behind Moore though. Furlong at Leinster worth a mention
LH: Black who I would rate the equal of Kilcoyne. Also you forgot Cronin at Munster

We also have McAllister coming back from injury and McCall who is looking really good.

I do agree things looking brighter than in previous years - in fact 2nd row is far more of a worry than prop - Henderson apart not much on the horizon - under 26/27.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:25 pm

Sorry never heard of Lutton. I only mentioned players who have already been capped plus Moore cause he has been in the Ireland squad.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:44 pm

Rob Penney said its all a rumour and "pie in the sky". So another internet rumour bites the dust! Very Happy

Munster are not short of hookers. Two went to Connact during the summer (Henry and Rael) and I thought I saw that Sean Henry was Connachts player of the month. I must say that I'm not a Varley fan. Poor thrower and gives away stupid penalties.

I don't think the IRFU would sanction a move either. They're cracking down on the provinces getting players on loan, and rightly so!
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

It would only be a short term thing to cover injury isnt it?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm

GunsGerms wrote:It would only be a short term thing to cover injury isnt it?

Sherry is out for the season
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:22 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Sorry never heard of Lutton. I only mentioned players who have already been capped plus Moore cause he has been in the Ireland squad.

Fair enough

You need to take a look at Lutton.
Late starter, 26ish, but and is seriously impressing people at Ulster.
Could be a contender is a couple of years

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm

Ill keep an eye out for him.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennus Wed 18 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm

Yep. We're much better equipped now than where we were a few years ago, espeically at TH.

Brennus

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 18 Dec 2013, 7:49 pm

A few years back there was Horan and Hayes, then Healy and Hayes, then Healy and Ross. Loads of options now since Irish rugby got serious about scrummaging.

Lutton has looked good this season. If he is 26 then its still young for a tighthead.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 18 Dec 2013, 10:55 pm

Lutton will be 28 in February

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:27 pm

A lot of props don't hit top form until they are 30-35.  Another reason Court is such a loss cause there are strong signs the ways hes been playing this season that he is just coming into his prime.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 19 Dec 2013, 7:51 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Lutton will be 28 in February

That's why I said 26ish - only 1 year out  Wink 

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 19 Dec 2013, 10:52 am

We are grand at LH going forward. All our options have years left. TH is another matter.

Moore looks very promising but promising isnt top class just yet. Ross stood up well but had no form prior to the AIs. Fitz seems less injury prone (touch wood) and if he can play in the loose like that last 15 against NZ will be an option. He can lock a scrum. Archer I do not rate. Lutton we haven't seen a lot of this season and furlong isnt getting too many look ins just yet at Leinster

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down