The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch??

+12
TheMackemMawler
coxy0001
azania
eddyfightfan
BoxingFan88
Mayweathers cellmate
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lance
kingraf
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Waingro
16 posters

Go down

Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch?? Empty Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch??

Post by Waingro Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

Some people say Mayweather is ducking Martinez but tbh I think Mayweather would school Martinez he has far to much skill for him. But could Mayweather beat Froch and Ward who are the best super middleweights at the moment? Ward and Frcoh would have more size and power but Mayweather would have more speed and skill. Lets not forget Maywether has the best defence of all time so he would be very hard to hit. Froch would have the power to knock Mayweather out if he landed but Ward is not a big puncher so with Mayweathers defence it would go down to points imo Froch would not be able to catch him clean because his defence is to good. These would be very tough fights for Mayweather because he is smaller but if he won those fights then he would be the best of all time of question. Dont get me wrong I am not saying these fights would happen but if they did could Mayweather win or would Froch and Ward be to big??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch?? Empty Re: Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch??

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:38 pm

No

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch?? Empty Re: Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch??

Post by Rowley Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:40 pm

No

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:57 pm

Imo Mayweather has the best defence ever

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 06 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

Martinez is naturally too big for for Mayweather. Plus he is freaking fast, and unorthodox, even for a southpaw, unless he is weight drained, cant see Him losing to Mayweather at a weight they both comfortable. Now as for Froch & Ward... You gotta be hanging on FLoyds jockstrap to believe he can hang with those two. Martinez, I doubt FOYD WOULD WIN. WARD & froch I can guarantee he will be badly beaten!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 06 Oct 2012, 2:17 pm

MAybe you are right Froch would have to much power for Mayweather but Ward is not a big puncher so maybe he could beat Ward but lose to Froch??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 06 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Lol, Ward is a big Mayweather. & to be completely Frank, he does it better than Mayweather at the moment. Ever watch tennis? You know when Nadal faces Ferrer and hypothetically it should be close because they have the same style, but it never is because Nadal is just bigger? Thats how it would be with Floyd and ANDRe.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 06 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Lol, Ward is a big Mayweather. & to be completely Frank, he does it better than Mayweather at the moment. Ever watch tennis? You know when Nadal faces Ferrer and hypothetically it should be close because they have the same style, but it never is because Nadal is just bigger? Thats how it would be with Floyd and ANDRe.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 06 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

im not sure mayweather is quicker than ward at the moment. cottos size advantage really showed up for me against mayweather and helped make a very good fight. i dont think even the mayweathers themselves fancy flloyds chances if he moves up any higher

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 06 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

Is this a joke thread, as alma said maywetaher has weighed in at his highest of 151, 17lbs under the super middleweight limit and putting on muscle would slow him down nullifying his only advantage over them

No matter how good mayweather is if he gives away 15 pounds to 2 6ft+ boxers who are actually good then he will get mullered

Ward may not have power but that's against boxers weighing 175lbs on fight night not 150.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sat 06 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

Mayweather wouldn't have the power to keep a 168lb'r off him, and if he tried to sit on the ropes and slip shots against the likes of Froch he'd get knocked out quickly.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

Mayweather would get destroyed by both, they are way too big, that's why we have weight classes Smile

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:20 am

ward KO'd dawson, the top lightheavy weight in the world, who had never been stopped and froch has stopped bute, taylor and has never been stopped himself. floyd is good but he isnt superman. he'd have all he could handle ward even if they were the same size.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

Could Mayweather beat Ward or Froch??

Why not? He could also add a few more pounds and beat Wlad....imo lol.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

could eubank beat lennox lewis??? i bet someone has fantasized this match up many evenings.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 07 Oct 2012, 9:19 pm

Mayweather has the best defence and most skill of any boxer he would also have moe speed than Ward and Froch. Mayweather would be smaller but lets not forget that many people did not think Mayweather could move up so many divisions it is his skill and defence that allows him to move up so many weights and imo he has far more skill than Ward and Froch but maybe they would have to much power. If Mayweather schooled Martinez which I think he would then would people say he would have a chance against Ward and Froch??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm

Surprised we've never mentioned how Calderon would stand a decent chance against someone like Pacquiao. I mean he was a little diddler down at min weight and Pacman was only the 25lbs heavier, Calderon with his silky skills would simply outwork the easy to hit puncher wouldn't he?!?!

I could go on but every key I hit is wasting energy that could be spent doing far more productive things i.e. picking my nose.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

Waingro wrote:Mayweather has the best defence and most skill of any boxer he would also have moe speed than Ward and Froch. Mayweather would be smaller but lets not forget that many people did not think Mayweather could move up so many divisions it is his skill and defence that allows him to move up so many weights and imo he has far more skill than Ward and Froch but maybe they would have to much power. If Mayweather schooled Martinez which I think he would then would people say he would have a chance against Ward and Froch??

Yes, he would also have too much skill for Wlad, who is Vitali's brother. Then he would go into MMA and beat Dos Santos by rear naked choke. All this and still have time to climb Everest.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

Didn't Floyd KO some WWE wrestler also?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:31 pm

Then he would go into MMA and beat Dos Santos by rear naked choke

What goes on between you and your internet service provider should remain private

Last edited by coxy0001 on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:34 pm

azania wrote:
Waingro wrote:Mayweather has the best defence and most skill of any boxer he would also have moe speed than Ward and Froch. Mayweather would be smaller but lets not forget that many people did not think Mayweather could move up so many divisions it is his skill and defence that allows him to move up so many weights and imo he has far more skill than Ward and Froch but maybe they would have to much power. If Mayweather schooled Martinez which I think he would then would people say he would have a chance against Ward and Froch??

Yes, he would also have too much skill for Wlad, who is Vitali's brother. Then he would go into MMA and beat Dos Santos by rear naked choke. All this and still have time to climb Everest.

I actually see him standing toe to toe with Dos Santos, slugging it out, out punching him before ko'ing him & then submitting Frank Mir or bigfoot Silva in a BJJ fight. He'd probably do both the K bros in the same night & then Froch & Ward for an encore such is his skill as a fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:08 pm

lol Mayweather would get destroyed in the UFC his defence is good for boxing but he has no takedown defence for MMA he would not have a chance in the octagon. Someone like Anderson Silva would be a quality boxer and MMA fighter because of his striking I reckon he could beat alot of boxers but Dana White said he cant compete at both.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:18 pm

The point of replying is?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

Waingro wrote:lol Mayweather would get destroyed in the UFC his defence is good for boxing but he has no takedown defence for MMA he would not have a chance in the octagon. Someone like Anderson Silva would be a quality boxer and MMA fighter because of his striking I reckon he could beat alot of boxers but Dana White said he cant compete at both.

I think he had 3 pro fights winning 2, I don't know why he didn't continue as a boxer, maybe it's a cultural thing, Brazil doesn't seem to produce many boxers but they were almost the 1st nation to embrace MMA & created their own martial art in the form of BJJ. Vitor Belfort also had at least one pro fight.

Yeah you sign to the UFC & that's that, you don't compete in any other combat sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm

Anderson Silva liked MMA more than boxing but look how good his striking is if he was in boxing he could be a world champ imo his accuracy is so good. He could be a light heavyweight or cruiserweight world champ in boxing but he is one of the best of all time in MMA so that is why he competes there. He said before he would like to bo Roy Jones but Dana White would not let him do both so he chose MMA but he has not ruled out boxing when he retires from MMA.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:17 am

What the hell is this utter garbage?

Right now? Mayweather at 154 and Froch/Ward at 168?

No.

If they were both the same weight?

Yes.

/thread.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:33 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:What the hell is this utter garbage?

/thread.

Mayweather did KO the Big Show who is 450lbs......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:33 am

Ward vs Mayweather would be quite boring. It'd be 12 rounds of chess, neither really committing to an offensive move after say the first one they go for each.

Mayweather vs Froch would be a re-run of Ward vs Froch. I think perhaps its not appreciated how similar Ward and Mayweather fight.

The only more boring fight than Mayweather vs Ward would be Ward vs Hopkins.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:What the hell is this utter garbage?

/thread.

Mayweather did KO the Big Show who is 450lbs......

Laugh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:37 am

Is this actually a thread?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down