The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions wings based on past 24 months?

+4
rodders
TJ1
thebluesmancometh
BristolTaff
8 posters

Go down

North & Visser as the Lions wings?

Lions wings based on past 24 months? Vote_lcap31%Lions wings based on past 24 months? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
Lions wings based on past 24 months? Vote_lcap69%Lions wings based on past 24 months? Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 16

Lions wings based on past 24 months? Empty Lions wings based on past 24 months?

Post by BristolTaff Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:33 pm

If these guys were fit and on good club form I don't think anyone would argue with this selection based on the past 2 seasons. (If the Lions were playing today).

14. George North
11. Tim Visser

I don't think anything comes close at the moment in the NH if your'e looking for a brutal try scoring wing to take on the might of Australia. There are plenty of others who could put in a big shout i.e Bowe, Ashton & Cuthbert, but I believe overall North and Visser are the men in the lead.

BristolTaff

Back to top Go down

Lions wings based on past 24 months? Empty Re: Lions wings based on past 24 months?

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

Just need to ask...

What has Visser shown on the international stage that Cuthbert, Ashton, Bowe hasn't done ten times over?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Lions wings based on past 24 months? Empty Re: Lions wings based on past 24 months?

Post by TJ1 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm

Visser has only played 2 internationals plus a Ba Bas game

He however has been top scorer in the rabo 3 seasons running IIRC and voted by his peers player of the tournament, he is again on fire this season, he scores tries for a team that loses a lot of games at a far higher rate of tries per game than anyone else. He reads the game well, runs support lines, has great pace, tall and strong

No one who has actually watched him play can have any doubts about how good he is. He is what North wants to be when he grows up

last season He played against North and outplayed him handsomely ( although Cuthbert outplayed Visser this year.

I would put Visser as the best NH winger. ( maybe 2nd to leClerc )

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

Maybe.

I'd still go for a fit Tommy Bowe and North but that's like just subjective man... Visser looks the real deal but I'd like to see he he goes for Scotland this season.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

Craig Gilroy.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:12 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Just need to ask...

What has Visser shown on the international stage that Cuthbert, Ashton, Bowe hasn't done ten times over?

He can do a marvellous clog dance - side step that the others just can't master

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:09 am

He can also plug a dike with his finger...........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:15 am

He can whistle 'Call me maybe' with his tu lips

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:40 pm

Yawn........

Ashton and Tommy Bowe will do far more damage to Oz....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:27 pm

So when the Lions tour the Rabo league he'll be the first name on my teamsheet, but up against int defences I'll judge him on what I've seen so far... LITTLE!

I don't dislike him but it is massively disrespectfull to the likes of North, Cuthbert, Ashton, Foden, Kearney, Bowe, 1/2p, Fitzgerald, Earls, Trimble, who are all proven on the int stage to say he's better.

In realty he is a great clubmen looking to step up, but his record isn't far better than players like Carr and James who both score tries for fun in the Rabo!!!

I'd put Visser in an exciting potentials list at present... but lets see.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down