The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where is gamboa?

4 posters

Go down

where is gamboa? Empty where is gamboa?

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 7 Oct - 14:18

yuriorkis gamboa was one of the hottest fighters of 2011, and still undeafted was slowly creeping up the p4p lists of most people. he signed with 50 cent supposedly a few months ago, yet no fight has been announced that im aware of, and he has been inactive for over a year.

it really frustrates me when fighters like gamboa who are at their best dont fight for long periods.

anybody know whats happening with thing guy?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

where is gamboa? Empty Re: where is gamboa?

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 7 Oct - 17:23

I think he just recently got signed to TMT Promotions, so will have a fight set up not too far now, may just be a tune up fight, but I think he was rumoured to be on the undercard of Andre Dirrell's next fight (Who fights about as frequently) Not 100% on that though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 7 Oct - 17:50

its in africa i think!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 7 Oct - 19:01

He was scheduled to fight Salgado this month I think but it was cancelled due to contract problems

He is a tremendous talent and is p4p the best fighter around ATM but hasn't been in against good enough opposition to be included around the top

Him vs Rigondeux will be a great show of Cuban skills

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 7 Oct - 19:09

Don't think that would happen, Gamboa is wanting to move up from FW is he not? I think it would be suprising if Rigondeaux moved up two weight divisions.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 7 Oct - 19:11

Not saying that it will happen just saying it'll be brilliant

Gamboa is moving up in weight but not because he is too big but because of a lack of opponents or big names so it could happen at FW

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 7 Oct - 19:16

Doubt it, 50 cent and Bob Arum coming together, Rigondeaux being happy to move up for it, I just can't see it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 7 Oct - 19:46

Bob Arum has said that he is looking forward to working with 50, his quarrel is with GB and De La Hoya ad 50 wants to do work with pacquiao so thy wont be the problem

The problem is both are 30+ and while a great test, financially Rigondeux isn't what Gamboa needs at this point in his career. He risks defeat and rigo doesn't have a good enough fanbase to take in big $$ like Lopez should have done

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 8 Oct - 22:23

i though he'd been signed with TNT for a few months now. at his age and the stage his career is at he should be fighting at least 4 times a year, maybe contract problems have kept him back, what that means i don't know, i just hope he sorts it soon as i love watching this guy, i know its unlikely but gamboa vs donaire would be epic

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down