The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Day Challenge - Day 3

+2
JamesLincs
UpsideDownFace
6 posters

Go down

30 Day Challenge - Day 3 Empty 30 Day Challenge - Day 3

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:07 am

Apologies for not doing this over the weekend, I felt it would be better to keep this to weekends seeing as it gets quite quiet on here on weekends.

So, we are at day 3.

My question today is:

Who is your favourite Male Wrestler?

"Wait, you asked this the other day" I hear you say. In a way, yes, but that was who was your favourite growing up.

Now you have grown up, know more about the business and appreciate the ins and outs, who is your favourite?

Mine is HBK The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels.

I never saw his first run so when he returned at Summerslam 2002, it was the first time I had seen him. There was huge hype over it being his first match in 4 and a half years. I wondered if he would deliver, and he did! It was a great match.

On to Survivor Series 2002, the first Elimination Chamber. What a match and what an emotional moment when he won the Title.

Royal Rumble 2003, Wrestlemania 19, Survivor Series 2003, Royal Rumble 2004, Wrestlemania 20. That's just a few PPV's where he put on a great show and that's not even 2 years after his return! I could go on and on about great matches and moments he has been involved in but you know the score.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

30 Day Challenge - Day 3 Empty Re: 30 Day Challenge - Day 3

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:25 am

For me it has to be Mick Foley.

He obviously wasn't Dean Malenko in the ring, but it's hard to think of a match I didn't enjoy with him in. He did brilliant work with guys like Austin, HBK, Kane, Triple H, the Rock and obviously Undertaker. He also has to be regarded as one of the guys with the most guts in the ring.

On top of that, he is one of the best on the mic. Whether it be his famous Cactus Jack promos in ECW, which caught the attention of everyone, or Mankind's deranged introductory promos for WWF.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

CM Punk, without doubt. Havent followed him from the start as tbh, i didnt even know about the independant circuit. but ive been a fan now about 4 years. and when amongst mates, i was the only one who liked him, i said all the time, this guy is just awesome, esp with promos, they just thought he was an idiot who had crappy music and a crappy image. but i guess i warmed to his look because im more punk in style than the rest of the people i know (this is not a oh im a puk fan, i know it all, i think i am punk sh*t) i just am a little bit punk, my music taste will vouch for that. but i was the only one who 'got him' and then when we watched him win at money in the bank, they finally realised. and as stupid as it sounds, they were happy for me because i had supported him, supported him like you'd support a football team and they were happy for me, i was celebrating his win, and they conceeded "you were right" was awesome!

i certainly am not his 'biggest' fan, im not that into wrestling anymore. but punk is my man, and i was absolutely delighted when he turned heel on the rock, who was my (as i said in your day 1 post) favourite as a kid.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:19 pm

Scott Steiner still

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:03 pm

CM Punk then i guess.

Before his promo i diddnt really think anything of the guy tbh yes i thought he was good in the ring but as a whole diddnt really think to much about him.

That promo was pure class and one of the best Raw moments. Had me and a lot of people on the internet in shock. The build up to Money in the Bank was class and had a lot of people hyping up the ppv. The ppv not only lived up to the hype but exceeded expectations and was the best ppv i have ever seen. The summer of Punk continued and was always a joy watching Raw every week.

The guy is just brilliant and my Favorite superstar in WWE atm and makes me and the older guys still watch WWE.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

I think I can honestly say I don't have a favourate active wrestler as I don't reallly consider Triple H as active. I like a few like Punk, Ziggler and The Miz in WWE and Bully Ray, Aires and Joe in TNA.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:49 pm

Doesn't have to be active.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 08 Oct 2012, 9:04 pm

Jericho for me. He had the complete package, and was gold on the mic. Reading his books may have influenced me, but I just thought Jericho was brilliant in every aspect of pro wrestling
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:31 am

There's no one today that really challenges my favourites from growing up, in fact there are only a few I feel who get what those wrestlers did and how they did it.

As such it remains Taker, then Foley. Guys who possibly understand more about what and why they are doing the things they do, and that comes across.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down