The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch???

+11
BoxingFan88
6oldenbhoy
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Atila
ShahenshahG
azania
seanmichaels
ONETWOFOREVER
captain carrantuohil
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch??? - Page 2 Empty Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The set up..The iron-chinned opponent.....The delivery.....

Still the best???..............Yep sure is for me....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch???

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 May 2022, 10:19 am

I'll add a couple that i'm surprised weren't mentioned at the time and again two left hooks; Martinez against Williams and Donaire against Darchinyan. Both perfectly timed and a case of the quicker puncher landing first, left over the right.

The Robinson punch will probably never be surpassed it has to be said.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Robinson ko5 Fullmer - Still Boxing's perfect punch???

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 May 2022, 12:25 pm

I think the Robinson punch is still top of the list but I'd add Ricardo Lopez's uppercut against Vilamor on the undercard of Tyson vs Bruno II. Set the trap and delivered the punch so cleanly and with seemingly minimal effort. It's a thing of beauty.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2022, 2:19 pm

Talking of uppercuts Matthew Saad Muhammad nearly killed some guy with one I seem to remember.. Was a beaut off the one-two....Mwale or something ??

Pushing Robbo quite close would be Foster's title winning left against Dick Tiger...

Foster was so confident of beating Tiger for the 175 crown he agreed to be paid just expenses for the shot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2