The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss

3 posters

Go down

kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss Empty kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss

Post by compelling and rich Mon 22 Oct 2012, 4:52 am

just finished reading the second of these, really enjoyed them so far. i know of a couple on here who have read it as its wheres i got the recommendation. whats peoples thoughts on these (any plot give aways please put in a spoiler for people who have not read them).

quite a slow paced book, but even though sometimes not much was happening still found myself hooked. rothfuss builds the characters up well because of this. the way the story is told where you know some of the key events i found myself waiting for such events which many still havent occured which may add to why i thought it was slow.

just really disappointed the third isnt out yet, does anybody have a rough idea of when this is due out? thats game of thrones and now this im sat around waiting for, and im not very patient mad mad

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss Empty Re: kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss

Post by compelling and rich Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:27 am

for those who have read it:

Spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss Empty Re: kingkiller chronciles- patrick rothfuss

Post by teassoc Tue 23 Oct 2012, 8:43 am

I think it will be out early next year as Day 3.

In the mean time you could try Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams. Highly praised by Rothfuss. Little slow to start but builds nicely.

Or Low Town: The Straight Razor Cure: A Low Town Novel by Daniel Polansky or Red Country by Joe Abercrombie which I'm going to be reading next. Both highly praised authors.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

I understand the third book is called The Doors of Stone. Provisionally set for publication May next year.

It will conclude the series (as a trilogy).

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

teassoc wrote:I understand the third book is called The Doors of Stone. Provisionally set for publication May next year.

that seems a hell of a lot of material to fit into one book! i expected to go on more than a trilogy seeing where the second ended

Spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 26 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
teassoc wrote:I understand the third book is called The Doors of Stone. Provisionally set for publication May next year.

that seems a hell of a lot of material to fit into one book! i expected to go on more than a trilogy seeing where the second ended

Spoiler:

I don't know how true this is, but apparently all three books were written before the first was published.

Like you, I'd like it to go on much longer but seemingly that's not going to happen.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sat 27 Oct 2012, 6:08 am

I also read last night that Rothfuss plans other books to be set in the same world. They won't be a continuation of the current series though.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 02 Nov 2012, 3:27 pm

about two thirds of the way through the first one, and really enjoying it so far Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down