The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban

+24
MBTGOG
Dave.
Ozzy3213
Breadvan
Thomond
PJHolybloke
Notch
Pal Joey
Hound_of_Harrow
WillyGilly
rodders
PenfroPete
Cari
MrsP
littleswannygirl
red_stag
Suspicious lurker
Gibson
Rava
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
28 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to home of the Currie Cup final, Durban, Homeground of the one, the only, the mighty, the future of Springbok rugby, Patrick Lambie this week.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Hoani MacDonald, Patrick Lambie, Tony Greig, Martin Crowe and the late Sir Wilson Whineray up on the wall. Erm, actually there is a second rule. No elephants, unless they're Effervescing - we can't be barring a Chiefs fan

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub:
https://www.606v2.com/t36072p950-the-stratospheric-supersonic-dew-drop-inn-roswell-new-mexico#1627236

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban

Post by Biltong Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:54 pm

You forgot, the Roswell bit in there, so I made a slight modification. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban

Post by prop_lyd Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Is there somewhere I can park my elephant outside?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:08 pm

Yep, there is a beach, not far from there.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:20 pm

Is there anywhere I can put my dik-dik?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

Good grief, a bystander has found a copy of "Pachyderm Passtimes" magazine in the toilet! Pete?!

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

I know there was a copy of Pachyderm does Dallas, I suppose it must be an OLD copy.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:39 pm

From the old Pub, but obviously got lost because of Glas using up so much paper Wink

Rava wrote:Pete, if you have some space then a photo of Tony Greig and Martin Crowe. Greig was never the most popular cricketer mainly because of his involvement with Kerry Packer but I would wish him and Martin well as they battle cancer.

Also Pete, you didn't lock the last pub. There were all sorts of undesirables in there.

And I though you had banned them Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:40 pm

Wot a weekend. Too many things happened to recount them all. The fact that we ended up having no plan and were ver ver drunk on Dutch gin & beer, really made it unusual... lets say.

What goes on Tour...

Great to see Glas, Dreamer, Cari, Prop, MrsProp and the man they call Penfro(my hero). And the lovely MrsPenfro. We tried to lock Hughie in de loo at Penfro Towers, but he got out.

Kaaaardiff Saaaries bash was great. What a great bunch. As was the lesbian bash next door. So much fun.

Was there a game on?

2 down, 5 to go. Hugs and I are touring all the way to Dublin 2013. 1st Class all the way roysh.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Is there anywhere I can put my dik-dik?

Is anyone going to answer my question? The poor thing's getting cold.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:59 pm

Dutch gin is the devil
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

I thought Tricky was the devil.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:09 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Is there anywhere I can put my dik-dik?

Is anyone going to answer my question? The poor thing's getting cold.

Dik means fat in Clog... I was going to.... nah... best not.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

It's weeping now. You heartless b@stards!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:40 pm

red_stag wrote:I thought Tricky was the devil.

Tricky is the devil.

Rav, I've left the elephants in the last pub for a bit, the riff-raff won't be a problem for very long.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

Apparently today is National Nut Day.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:32 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:Apparently today is National Nut Day.

It seems clear to me that most of the regs were aware of this and are behaving in a manner in keeping with the day!

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 4:25 pm

I'm still trying to figure out whether its a fruit or a fastener Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 22 Oct 2012, 4:28 pm

There are workmen busy in the server room behind my desk. As a result the flood alarm has been beeping for the last 4 hours (think of a truck's "I'm reversing" beep). My whole team will have been driven nuts by 5.30.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 22 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

They make you run quicker Rava.

Lucky, take your dik-dik back to the Morse code room...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:06 pm

coffee

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:11 pm

Cari wrote: coffee

coffee coffee
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:23 pm

Evening all,

Very warm humid evening in London, just on the way to Wimbledon for pizza which would be much better if I wasn't up at half four in morning haha
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:27 pm

Underground rush hour trains are great
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:29 pm

Just make sure you don't change your plans half way there Hughie!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:29 pm

Enjoy the pizza Lurker. Smile

Howdo Rava.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

Cari wrote:Enjoy the pizza Lurker. Smile

Howdo Rava.

All good Cari. See you got to see the visitors at the weekend Smile
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

Yes I did...a total misunderstanding by me... (where's the embarrassed smiley?). It was great to meet up with some regs...it's been a while. Christmas should be fun and I can't wait for Belfast!!! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban 3933776953

I'm eating the best chicken dinner I've ever made just now...NOM!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

I don't know how people do this everyday, I've only been on this thing five minutes and its already driving me mad
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

Hoog - I don't like the tube. Too claustrophobic for me. It's a necessity in London though I guess.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:46 pm

It wasn't much fun being an insomniac in the '80s... Laugh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19996372

It's the end of an era....that's all going with digital coming in.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:56 pm

Cari wrote:Yes I did...a total misunderstanding by me... (where's the embarrassed smiley?). It was great to meet up with some regs...it's been a while. Christmas should be fun and I can't wait for Belfast!!! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Jackie Horner tavern, near Kings Park, Durban 3933776953

I'm eating the best chicken dinner I've ever made just now...NOM!

Well you did jump off the deep end alright Laugh Have you finalised your plans yet for January?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:47 pm

Suspicious lurker wrote:I don't know how people do this everyday, I've only been on this thing five minutes and its already driving me mad

By the time I got off the tube tonight I hated every othe passenger in the carriage with a passion. Serves me right or leaving work on time for a change.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:50 pm

Lurker: you know you get cheap trains etc, do you get cheap flights too?! Trying to work out cheapest way to Dublin for me and Mrs Prop!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:57 pm

Rava - not yet will be doing that over the next few weeks. Watch this space!

Prop - car and ferry might be a good option for you (if you don't mind driving). Even cheaper if you get any hitch hikers willing to donate petrol money Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:58 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Suspicious lurker wrote:I don't know how people do this everyday, I've only been on this thing five minutes and its already driving me mad

By the time I got off the tube tonight I hated every othe passenger in the carriage with a passion. Serves me right or leaving work on time for a change.

When the Smithfield Winter Fair was in Earles Court we used to go up for a few days. One year we tried to get people talking on the tube. Everybody ignored us. Eventually a Yorkshire lass responded saying how anti social Londeners were not talking to strangers on the tube.

She was a bit plain though, so after a bit we started ignoring her.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

Need the Olympics to do that!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:16 pm

Cari wrote:Rava - not yet will be doing that over the next few weeks. Watch this space!

Prop - car and ferry might be a good option for you (if you don't mind driving). Even cheaper if you get any hitch hikers willing to donate petrol money Smile

Is that you hinting about a lift?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Lurker: you know you get cheap trains etc, do you get cheap flights too?! Trying to work out cheapest way to Dublin for me and Mrs Prop!!

Prop, is this for next May?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

Irish regs. Any idea how to get hold of an IKEA catalogue.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:36 pm

Stag,

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/customerservices/faq#/faqAnswers7-3

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:43 pm

PROP - Aer Fungus (operated by Aer Arann) have flights from the 'Diff for about £70 if you only have hand luggage OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

Rava wrote:
prop_lyd wrote:Lurker: you know you get cheap trains etc, do you get cheap flights too?! Trying to work out cheapest way to Dublin for me and Mrs Prop!!

Prop, is this for next May?

Yep it is, she seemed keen as she wants to go to Dublin and Edinburgh next year!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

Prop - not hinting at all. It was a genuine suggestion - could be a little road trip for you and the missus. I wouldn't be want to be gooseberry Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:04 pm

Prop, you should look at flights into Belfast. The train down is really resonable if you book in advance.

I'm talking £20 ish return!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:06 pm

Well Penfro has given you the current Cardiff - Dublin flights but remember the closer you get to next May the more expensive it will get.

If you want to leave it then you could look at Cardiff/Belfast (Flybe) or Bristol/Belfast (Sleazyjet) and get the train from Belfast to Dublin and back.

Obviously a lot will depend on what days and at what time you decide to travel. There may well be a lift available from Belfast to Dublin Wink

Last edited by Rava on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm

Just watching the doco on Channel 4 - it's an eye opener. Brilliantly done though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm

Rava wrote:Well Penfro has given you the current Cardiff - Dublin flights but remember the closer you get to next May the more expensive it will get.

If you want to leave it then you could look at Cardiff/Belfast (Flybe) or Bristol/Belfast (Sleazyjet) and get the train from Belfast to Dublin and back.

Ooo could be an option....it's her b.day thursday so getting all that out the way first!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm

MrsP wrote:Prop, you should look at flights into Belfast. The train down is really resonable if you book in advance

Just don't do it on 12th July like I did. Feic all is open and half of Ulster is parked in a field in Portadown.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm

Belfast - Dublin on the train is as little as a tenner if you book well in advance online - that's what I'm doing in January Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next