The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

+28
MBTGOG
Mickado
Thomond
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
Cymroglan
Rava
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
Pot Hale
Notch
dogtooth
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
Mick(TEFC)
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
PenfroPete
Gibson
eirebilly
red_stag
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 am

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured below the equator to Ellis Park, Johannesburg to watch the Lions vs the Crusaders. There's also TVs showing Aviva Premiership, Rabobank Pro 12 and other Super XV action.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Shane Horgan, Jerry Flannery, Jan Ellis, Errol Tobias, Gary Teichmann or the late Jonny Mitchell on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:
https://www.606v2.com/t26505-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-mexico-city-rugby-cantina

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:17 am

Mark Andrews!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Mark Andrews!
OK
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 am

Kiwi can we make the name. Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park. and also we need a painting of Jan Ellis on the walls. also Errol Tobias our first ever non white test springbok.

A Shebeen is a localunlicensed or illegally operated drinking establishment
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:26 am

biltongbek wrote:Kiwi can we make the name. Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park. and also we need a painting of Jan Ellis on the walls. also Errol Tobias our first ever non white test springbok.

A Shebeen is a localunlicensed or illegally operated drinking establishment

Argh, how could I have forgotten the term Shebeen (I've read loads of Wilbur Smith Wink ). Changing it now.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 am

Shebeen!! Ireland speading its influences.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:33 am

Any news about getting a car, Stag?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 am

Cool, now it is really South African.

By the way the meal to eat in our local establishment is not the traditional English breakfast.

But PAP and NJAMA, with some CHAKALAKA on the side.

PAP - stiff maize meal.
NJAMA - a beef stew
CHAKALAKA - a spicy vegetable chutney.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 am

Beef stew's always good. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 am

No news yet Lucky.

Im have tempted to buy an old rusty piece of junk just to have wheels under me and take my time looking then.

Biltong - does food vary much across Africa. I remember in Ghana the diet was so carb based - Jollof Rice, Fufu etc.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 am

Stag it very much depends on culture and affordability.

Carbo loaded food is cheap and avaiable to all. In SA some basic foods don't carry VAT, where the luxury foods do.

So PAP and Njama (usually the cheapest cuts of meat) are a staple diet for the majority.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 am

Its a country I have mixed feelings about visiting. I think it all depends on where you go.

I have pals who toured there and were only in J'Berg and they said it was an awful place. On other hand I've pals who've been to Cape Town and loved it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 am

That's what I'd recommend, Stag - something to get you from A to B while you're looking for something better.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:58 am

My middle sister went to South Africa on honeymoon, following the Garden Route. They loved it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 am

To be honest I never venture into Jo'burg. It is a cesspool of illegal people who make a living out of prostitution and drugs.

It is dirty and overpopulated. Over the last 20 years most of the SA economy has decentralised away from Johannesburg, and you will find the money is no longer in central Jo'burg.

Snadton is the new financial centre in many ways, and Industrial parks have sprung up all around the West, East and South Of Johannesburg, with a big portion of it lying in Midrand inebetween Pretoria and Johannesburg.

You might as well go to any other dirty and overpopulated city in Africa if you were to come to Johannesburg.

The best thing when visitng SA is to steer clear of Johannesburg.

The rest of the country is as normal as anything you would find anywhere else in the world.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 pm

That seems to be the general gist of what I hear Bek.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14 pm

red_stag wrote:Its a country I have mixed feelings about visiting. I think it all depends on where you go.

I have pals who toured there and were only in J'Berg and they said it was an awful place. On other hand I've pals who've been to Cape Town and loved it.

I have toured South Afric as a young man and found it wonderful. i go back at least once every year. If you do go at some stage stag, Pretoria is the place to be. Wonderful wonderful place. Jo'Burg and Cape stad are nice as well but it can get a little dodgy. You are told where to go and where not to go though.

I would advise everyone to get to SA at least once, fantastic country Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Billy, I hope there is a tourism board in SA somewhere that is paying you for your marketing.

If there isn't you sure should do something about it. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:26 pm

I'd love to get to a game at Loftus, that would be something.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Nah biltong, you know already that i love SA Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 pm

It does have a great atmosphere. The locals are a bit OTT when their team plays though.

Spoiler:
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 pm

eirebilly wrote:Nah biltong, you know already that i love SA Very Happy

I do mate, I do. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 pm

biltongbek wrote:It does have a great atmosphere. The locals are a bit OTT when their team plays though.

Spoiler:

Does she work for the tourist board?! Shocked

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Jaysus lucky, i was after opening that mad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. vomit

but there are some nice one too.

Spoiler:
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Dont trust opening spoilers any more Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Billy, it helps to slaughter a few porkies when you want to clear an image from your mind.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Good aft regs.

My son is in Capetown with his Dutch GF at the mo. He has taken a set of the most stunning pics I have ever seen. Surely it must be the most beautiful country on Earth. Its got everythang.

I will CHECK pics before I post.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:55 pm

biltongbek wrote:Billy, it helps to slaughter a few porkies when you want to clear an image from your mind.

Is that an SA saying for master....? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Gibson wrote:Good aft regs.

My son is in Capetown with his Dutch GF at the mo. He has taken a set of the most stunning pics I have ever seen. Surely it must be the most beautiful country on Earth. Its got everythang.

P.S. Why is Joni Mitchell's pic above the bar? Great call. Love Joni. And Shaggy.

Sorry to disappoint you Gibbo https://www.606v2.com/t26654-rip-jonny-mitchell
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:01 pm

See below...

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Spoiler:

"Hello, I'm Vanessa Feltz, sitting in for Jeremy Vine..."

How's that for timing?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

P.S. Why is Joni Mitchell's pic above the bar? Great call. Love Joni. And Shaggy.

Oh God. SO sorry. Should have checked before I posted. Didnt know. It was just a harmless quip. But when I see that. I feel awful now. Apologies for my ignorance.
Post will be adjusted.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 pm

'An Easter strike by fuel tanker drivers has been ruled out by the Unite union.

It is to join conciliation talks and says there may still be a strike after Easter if those fail.

Government advice to drivers to top up tanks has been blamed by retailers for causing "panic buying". Demand for petrol rose 172% on Thursday, and diesel 77%, said independent experts.'

Well played, Messrs Cameron and Maude. Doh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17558294

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Gibson wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

Oh God. SO sorry. Should have checked before I posted. Didnt know. It was just a harmless quip. But when I see that. I feel awful now. Apologies for my ignorance.
Post will be adjusted.

No worries mate. I'm a Joni Mitchell fan too. Though I'm pretty sure she's not "late".
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Yup. Missed that. Selective reading by me there Kiwi. Its not my style to disrespect anyone. You know that.

I am making it my business now, to fully read up on the lad.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Gibbo, hows that Leinster ladyboy fanboy page of yours coming along Wink Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Must get on to it Billy. My ISP provider gives all the support and help needed. If I put anything like Ladyboy in it... I reckon I'll get a million hits. Good call. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Laugh

It will be a hit in Amsterdam mate Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:18 pm

BIG SCREEN

........... Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Just logged in to my fantasy premier league account to sub Sergio Aguero, who's got injured, and lo and behold, I'm back up to second in the 606v2 DDI league! Very Happy

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Happy Cleveland Day.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Cleveland or Cleverland? Cleverland is where Mr Clever comes from.

A seagull has shat on my car. Crying or Very sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:50 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:A seagull has shat on my car. Crying or Very sad

Do what they do at Millenium Stadium. Invest in hawks.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Hawks die in hot cars.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Tie them to the aerial antenna.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm sure that would count as animal cruelty.

Maybe what I need is some kind of 'scaregull'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Actually, I can't say for certain it was a seagull. I didn't see it happen.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:09 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Actually, I can't say for certain it was a seagull. I didn't see it happen.

In that case lets not blame all the gulls. It could have been Dreamer for all we know.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Well I was asleep at my desk for at least an hour, it could have been anyone.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next