The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

+28
MBTGOG
Mickado
Thomond
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
Cymroglan
Rava
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
Pot Hale
Notch
dogtooth
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
Mick(TEFC)
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
PenfroPete
Gibson
eirebilly
red_stag
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured below the equator to Ellis Park, Johannesburg to watch the Lions vs the Crusaders. There's also TVs showing Aviva Premiership, Rabobank Pro 12 and other Super XV action.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Shane Horgan, Jerry Flannery, Jan Ellis, Errol Tobias, Gary Teichmann or the late Jonny Mitchell on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:
https://www.606v2.com/t26505-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-mexico-city-rugby-cantina

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

So they've done research and concluded that bringing your dog into work reduces stress levels. The bloke overseeing the reseach is Professor Randolph Barker. Is this an early April Fool's joke?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by perthshirepuma Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

Well, I'll be damned. I could have sworn that Munster v Leinster was on tonight! Thanks Penfro - all is now well. Might even go down the pub tonight.

[So they've done research and concluded that bringing your dog into work reduces stress levels. The bloke overseeing the reseach is Professor Randolph Barker. Is this an early April Fool's joke?] Some places I've worked, literally wouldn't do that to a dog.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

Well my staff are tucking into the Magnums I've bought them and I'm sending them home at 4.30.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

I wish I had staff. But I wouldn't buy them anything.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:50 pm

I cant help it, I'm such a nice guy.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:24 pm

Thats a really nice thing to do Glas Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

Just found out there is actually a village called Athenry in Waterford.

So we can continue to use The Fields of Athenry in good faith.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

I just tried that iPhone thing off the advert where the guy says "tell me Paris will be nice this weekend" (I did Cardiff instead) and it does work bless it (it's not going to be so nice by the way). Amazing. I then said thank you to it and it replied "that's nice of you to say". Mates for life now.

Obviously trying to kill time till I head for Newport. Come on you Dragons.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Rev, is it all talk that Dragons could end up a "development region" or is there more to it?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Afternoon,
Hope you are all well;back following a 6N exile,but during which proper rugby continued Whistle

ASM are putting out a decent team at Biarritz tomorrow in preparation for Sarries/Cardiff/Toulouse. Scroll down,unless you want to read ...

http://www.asm-rugby.com/120330-biarritz-compo.html

Good news is that Tomas Domingo may be back for the Finals.

For those interested in who is coming/going,here's a link;

http://www.rugby-transferts.com/top-14/tableau-transferts-rugby-top-14-2012.html

Green is IN
Redis OUT

Then you have the "May be....'
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

lucky, the last time a bird shat on anything of mine I sacked her.

Bonjour M. Chef

Smile

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

Hound!! clap Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

Finally set myself up on Skype, I thought it would be much more complicated then it was!

Will get to chat to my brawd properly now, twill be much better than using the book of face Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:10 pm

There is also web chat on fb dreamer ;-)

Skype is much better though
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

ha yes we use the web chat on fbook, can't see each other though, video will be much better, can actually hear each other then! Will be much easier to speak Welsh that way, rather the both of us attempting to type it (my spelling in it is dreadful)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

Alroysh Billy Smile

Sure, the old ones are the best.

The Irish contingent in my pub are grateful that I tipped them off that Munster v Leinster is ib BBC Alba tomorrow. Available on Sky here.

I don't think that's a smart move by the powers that be ahead of the HC Q/Fs.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

I will have to live by stream again tomorrow unfortunately. I hope i can find a working one on time though Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:22 pm

Evening all

Following on Glas theme of buying his staff things, I bought my team a big box of Krispie Kremes earlier by way of recognition of their hard work this month.

Can't believe the Calum Clark report by the way, utter shambles. The RFU ought to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

Skype is pretty good but close all other programs down when you use it dreamer Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:38 pm

Ozzy, I heard Clark got a 32 week ban but 'did not intend to cause injury'. Woss that all about?

And Saints are thinking of appealing.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

32 weeks is generous given a decent portion of that takes place over the summer. Don't know why the saints are appealing it.

5 points will do lovely tonight for the Ulstermen. Jubly
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

You guys should check out the report on the Clark thread issued by the RFU. It's practically comical, or it would be if it wasn't concerning such a serious issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:44 pm

I kind of expected a ban in that region. Saints should be happy that its only 32 weeks to be honest. What time do Ulster play?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

The sanction is not the issue for me, it is the haphazard and frankly laughable way that it has been reached which is the issue. The RFU and HHJ Jeff Blackett have not covered themselves in glory here, nor have Saints or Calum Clark.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:04 pm

NOW Billy!!! ULLLSTEERRR!!!!!! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:08 pm

Shoite, i had best find a link
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I just tried that iPhone thing off the advert where the guy says "tell me Paris will be nice this weekend" (I did Cardiff instead) and it does work bless it (it's not going to be so nice by the way). Amazing. I then said thank you to it and it replied "that's nice of you to say". Mates for life now.

Obviously trying to kill time till I head for Newport. Come on you Dragons.
Rev, don't care what they say, matey, it's nice for you to have a friend OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

Sent you a PM Billy, not sure how good it is.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:13 pm

Feic all the Ulster regs must be at the game! Jammy feicers!! steam

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

I know that Rava is there Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

ooo Shanks is commentating live for the first time, hope it goes okay for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

red_stag wrote:Just found out there is actually a village called Athenry in Waterford.

So we can continue to use The Fields of Athenry in good faith.

Ah sure, tis only a '70's pop song anyhow, you might as well be singing 'Tiger Feet'.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

Its good to see the place empty. Means people are going to games.
The life-blood of it all.

Im tuning into the key game of the night. Warriors v Blues. Really love to see Warriors make it. Im an incurable rugby romantic me. And I think they deserve it too. 1 loss in 14? Amazing. guinness

Mon Warriors!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

Connacht winning 13-6. They are sharp, we are terrible. Going to be a long evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

I am also watching the Warriors Blues match Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

Tom James has no rugby brain.

Tis 3-3 in the Scarlets match

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

Ferris off injured. Looks precautionary but it was the ankle or ... gulp...knee. Shocked

14-7 to Ulster.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:48 pm

Aironi have scored!!

Not good news that on Ferris, not before next week Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

Good news it isn't!

17-7. Pienaar Penalty.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

Have faith rodders OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

Rory Best try! Yahoo
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:52 pm

19-6. Lydiate binned. Think this Italian is a bit out of his depth. Still we are rubbish. We will not come back from this.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:52 pm

Thanks Billy Hug .... now the Ulster regs are away I can be honest..... I don't really rate that Ferris guy much anyways.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

You might do Rev, you never know Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:54 pm

Lydiate YC. Dragons 9-16 Connacht.

Warriors really should have had a try there. They like to keep ball in hand.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

Try Warriors? YES!

Gettin me Scots clubs mixed up. Senior moment.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

Try Embra?!? you sure??

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

It's a Flip try get on with it!

Clancy Doh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Bu88er. Thought Id changed it before ye could read it. Sorry Dreamer. cider
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

In fairness Glas, it was close.

Terrible Blues scrum, simply awefull.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next