The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park

+20
MBTGOG
Luckless Pedestrian
Thomond
PenfroPete
Hound_of_Harrow
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
eirebilly
Ozzy3213
rodders
Notch
littleswannygirl
PJHolybloke
Glas a du
Cari
WillyGilly
MrsP
Gibson
prop_lyd
red_stag
Pal Joey
24 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Sandy Park, the homeground of the mighty Exeter Chiefs... so wave them tomahawks!!! Chief

They will have their work cut out this weekend as they attempt to stave off the Champion *** Leinster team. guinness

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Asbo, Gibbo, Michelle, George, Kiwi Pete, Ozzy Pete, Red Stag, PJ Warhol, Hugs, Dave & Anne, Rava, Puma and her sister, Aonghus and Robbie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee cider guinness RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale Yahoo cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t38947p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-amaile#1792211

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park

Post by red_stag Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:11 pm

Just seem the Lance Armstrong confession. Honestly I couldnt give a twig if he took performance enhacing drugs. Its how he went about ruining the lives and careers of anyone who looked to be about to dig into things.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Sandy Park

Post by prop_lyd Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:15 pm

Did anyone wake Gibbo up before we moved or is he snowed in the other pub?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm

He's just popped into the mirror room I think....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

I am hoping to drive to Wales in a minute, but not sure whether too. I gather the snow is going today, so I should be able to get back to Oxford on Sunday (I really have to).

Really not sure what to do though. Roads seem okay to be fair.

Have a great meet guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

Kiwi Pete as well? Yo! I love our convos. Hug

Im off to the airport again. Flight still says 15:45.

Please dont let that change/be cancelled.

Love you all. Will talk from Asbos. I hope. Run
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:27 pm

Hope all the regs travel safely and get to the game.

Snowing quite heavily here for about the past hour.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

Snow is CLASSSSSSSSSS out in the deeps. Gathering a sleighing party as we speak.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

We will need a bit more to get good use from the sledges but tomorrow should be good. I just bought a new one this morning!

The wee fella is supposed to have a match in Dublin tomorrow. I'm hoping they cancel it so we can just kick back and enjoy the snow!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

REV - make sure you take the right supplies with you in case you get stuck. Roads are useable with care. Just don't drive like a loony and take your time. Smile

Hope everyone makes it to wherever they're going this evening. Most airports reporting some problems if they're open at all. It's still snowing in Cardiff too, but surprisingly they kept the buses going. How reliable they have been I don't know.

Time for a coffee

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:21 pm

MrP left 30 mins ago to get the weeuns and now you can't see the tyre tracks.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:31 pm

Hope they're all right MrsP. Maybe they're just delayed by slow traffic. They'll be home soon. They've got a phone with them?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:37 pm

Yeah. MrP just phoned to say they are stuck because the car in front is stuck.

Just trying to work out the best way to get the others all picked up safe.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:39 pm

I decided against it Cari. Not worth the risk, particularly if I can't get back on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:45 pm

Just did a reckkie of the Ps.

P1's bus has just arrived, 20 mins late.

P2 still at school.

P3 on train to friends house. Yes Cari, that friend.

P4 and P5 in MrP's car stuck in traffic because MrP decided today would be a good day to take them to the sweetie shop on the way home!!!!!!!! While I am here worrying!!!!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:50 pm

Oh dear.

Car and trailer jack-knifed on the road so it's blocked. MrP is going to have to find a different way home probably after picking everyone else up.

All safe though at the moment!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:00 pm

I bet the weather is fine in Belfast. This is just media spin to avoid more reports of fleg protests.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

I'll be in a more jokey mood when I have my family home safe!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 5:26 pm

Just this second managed to locate P2.

He'll have to walk home as traffic is at a standstill. P1 has taken refuge in a Subway till MrP can manage to get to her. She has been stuck standing in the snow for over an hour and a half. MrP now further away than when he started as roads are blocked.

If any body with a flag has added to any of this I may not be responsible for my actions!!!!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 18 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

Mark Jones Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 18 Jan 2013, 5:54 pm

Feckin snow!! Took me ages to get here.

I hope all them wee poissons get home OK MrsP.

thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 18 Jan 2013, 6:20 pm

Evening pub, guinness .

Had a lovely trip home from work today, left Lichfield at 4.55 and made the 8 mile trip in 18 minutes. It normally takes 20-25 but I reckon everyone had gone home at lunchtime. OK

I'm going to have an earlyish night tonight as I start the long trek to Exeter at 6.30 in the am. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 6:57 pm

P1 home!

4 hours after she left school and 3 hours later than usual. All home now except P3 who went home with a friend. I'm not sure we will get her home tonight.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:17 pm

clap

So presumably MrP has delivered the others.
Smile

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:22 pm

Well done MrP! Good work fella.

I wonder how Babsy's farewell is going?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:54 pm

Glad to hear the Ps are all accounted for MrsP. Smile I hear Gibbo got to Bristol train station all right, so he should be at Asbo's shortly.

You know the snow's bad in London when they do a Snow News special on the BBC. Whistle

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:15 pm

Evening pub cuppa

Pleased all the Ps are safe MrsP Smile

I've just been out for a bit. Good grief that wind is cold! I did get to test out the welly socks my mum bought me for Christmas though, and they work a treat! Warm tootsies even in the snow Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:18 pm

I need to invest in some wellies Swanny. It's not like they won't get any use in Wales!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

We eventually got Ps 1, 2, 4 and 5 home.

P1 3 hours later than expected. The roads are just chock-a-block. I've seen much worse snow but I've never seen the roads as bad. P1 was waiting for MrP and asked the local newsagent if she could wait inside rather than stand in the snow and they wouldn't let her. The kid had been out in it for about 1 and a half hours at that stage. They had to know that the whole place was a shambles.

In contrast P2 eventually made his way to the place Cari and Rava and I had lunch. His phone had no charge and he asked if he could use theirs to phone home. They brought him in and helped dry him out, allowed him to phone, offered him a hot drink to thaw him out and an umbrella to keep the snow off on the rest of the journey.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:29 pm

I love my wellies Cari, they get worn a lot, for exactly the same reasons that you'd get plenty of wear out of them Smile Seriously suggest you get some welly socks too, they really do make a vast difference.

MrsP, that's dreadful and fantastic in equal measure. Can't believe they wouldn't let P1 wait inside!!! Shocked
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:41 pm

I know. Well, they just lost 7 customers.

The place that helped P2 however will be getting some nice chocs.

He was to be playing rugby in Dublin tomorrow. It's not snowing in Dublin but it is here and so the roads are going to be a problem. When he came home he informed me that the plan had changed. Instead of his team travelling to Dublin, the Dublin team were to come here. Where the snow is. Driving on the same roads albeit in the opposite direction. To play on a pitch which is frozen and currently under several inches of snow instead of the pitch in Dublin which is neither frozen nor snow bound. With no thaw forecast.

Headscratch

Thankfully someone has seen sense and it has just been cancelled. Well there's a surprise.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

My Dad picked me up from work today MrsP, took us 2 hours to get from Stranmillis to the Outer Ring.

Comment on the Biarritz-Harlequins game from Nick Heath on twitter;

"Can't believe Biarritz have let that pond get so dehydrated that they can almost play rugby on it."

Very apposite Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

MrP left 55 mins ago to get P3 from youth club. He left about 40 mins earlier than usual. He phoned 5 mins ago to say he has still only gone about half a mile.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm

MrsP wrote:MrP left 55 mins ago to get P3 from youth club. He left about 40 mins earlier than usual. He phoned 5 mins ago to say he has still only gone about half a mile.

We're still bafflingly unprepared for a wee bit of cold and wet stuff on a road.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:11 pm

Too many roads and not enough grit, Notch.

We got complacent after nearly two decades of hardly any snow. Now we cop it every year.

I blame the coming of a new ice age.

Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:18 pm

Quins winning is good news for Leinster and Munster as well as the other sceond placed teams, isn't it?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:20 pm

I don't think Biarritz can catch them anyway, if they win I mean.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:25 pm

But if Biarritz get nothing from this game then Leinster and Munster are sure of some European rugby in April, yes?

I know they are in LBP territory just now.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:30 pm

Yeah, I guess, but I'm not sure they even care about the Amlin. No-one is going to be happy with that!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:37 pm

I think they'd rather be in the Amlin than nothing. Especially with the final in Dublin.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:41 pm

Dewi Morris thinks Conor O'Shea will be "a future Ireland manager without a shadow of a doubt". Not a chance. Too many people in the IRFU with an axe to grind against him. Yes, we are that amateur.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:53 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:

We got complacent after nearly two decades of hardly any snow. Now we cop it every year.

Agree completely Hound. I had a conversation about that at work today, and have just been talking to my mum about it. The local council had snow ploughs when I was a kid and I remember the snow being piled high at the side of the road. I loved it!! We lived on a very steep hill, not unusual in Sheffield, and the road was always ploughed within 12 hours of a snowfall. That doesn't happen now. There's also a generation of drivers with very little experience of driving on snow.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:15 pm

I agree on folk not knowing how to drive in the snow. I don't know how many times I've seen cars all trying to make it up a snowy hill bumper to bumper till the inevitable happens.

One at a time lads!

This is horrible. How can anyone put Methadone in a sippy cup? I would have serious doubts as to who was supposed to be drinking that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21064982

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:36 pm

Yep, and they seem to think that power is the answer and rev the proverbials off the engine. And then wonder why they're getting nowhere.

That story is just awful! She wanted somewhere safe to store it?!?! I don't know about all drug services but when I worked at Manchester DS we used to give out little safes to clients to store their methadone.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm

Just doesn't add up does it.

How does putting a child's lid on a childs's cup make it safe? I would think the only reason to put anything in a sippy cup was if you wanted a toddler to drink it.

Anyone can get distracted and leave something for a moment where a child could get it but Methadone in a sippy cup? I don't think so.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:54 pm

Don't know about that MrsP, to say drug users can make irrational decisions when intoxicated is an understatement. Sad story. Heroin is a destroyer.

Hard to surmise the details without actually being in the trial. No doubt there's a lot more of that story on the copy room floor.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:07 pm

No it doesn't.

Just read the story again and the quote "because the lid was so tight I knew I wouldn't spill it" says an awful lot. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but she should have had a prescription that meant she had to take her methadone in the pharmacy where it was dispensed. That's what we did whenever there was even a hint of child protection issues.

littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:17 pm

True Notch, their lives can be chaotic, and our logic and rationale doesn't always apply. But in order to be prescribed methadone in the first place there are checks that should be applied. Child protection is top of the list of checks. I'm not for a second casting aspersions on the drug workers involved but users can be very devious, it may well be that the mother fulfilled all requirements until she was trusted by the service and was allowed to keep the methadone at home, and then it went so tragically wrong.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:17 pm

I would have hoped that Methadone and a small child in the same house would have constituted more than a hint of a child protection issue Swanny, no?

Just sad.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

Bout yees all! thumbsup guinness

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next