The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

+28
MBTGOG
Mickado
Thomond
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
Cymroglan
Rava
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
Pot Hale
Notch
dogtooth
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
Mick(TEFC)
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
PenfroPete
Gibson
eirebilly
red_stag
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured below the equator to Ellis Park, Johannesburg to watch the Lions vs the Crusaders. There's also TVs showing Aviva Premiership, Rabobank Pro 12 and other Super XV action.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Shane Horgan, Jerry Flannery, Jan Ellis, Errol Tobias, Gary Teichmann or the late Jonny Mitchell on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:
https://www.606v2.com/t26505-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-mexico-city-rugby-cantina

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:30 pm

roddersm wrote:Hey anyone catch Tom Court on friday? That guy has serious gas!

Must have eaten brussel sprouts. Hope they weren't too smelly - would be a pain for whatever secnond row is behind him at scrum time.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Thomond wrote:Ulster fans now are a lot like Munster of the early 2000s, massive chips on their shoulders. Do you want curry or vinegar with it Rodders?

Think a few Munster fans still have the chip on their shoulder but are also overly proud at the same time which doesn't make for the nicest combination.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Lads, let's leave the HC aside for a second. I'm about to have a cup of tea and have a major conundrum.

2 Chocolate Hob Nobs, a small Kit Kat, or a chocolate chip cookie. What do I pick?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Mayonnaise thanks Thomond OK

Did anyone see BJ's comments in the IT that Ulster should have been at the level they are at now a few seasons ago?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:34 pm

roddersm wrote:Mayonnaise thanks Thomond OK

Did anyone see BJ's comments in the IT that Ulster should have been at the level they are at now a few seasons ago?

They probably should have.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:34 pm

I have completely lost faith with the RFU disciplinary system. 1 week for Ben Youngs for kneeing a prone player in the chest and throwing two punches at his head.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Mayonnaise? What's wrong with you? In Douglas, there is a chipper that gives you chips with mayonnaise on top of a spicy sausage mix. The pig in the spuds, it's a good meal.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I have completely lost faith with the RFU disciplinary system. 1 week for Ben Youngs for kneeing a prone player in the chest and throwing two punches at his head.

Disgraceful, was there any more about Clark. I got no reply from RFU for my email. Neither did MrsP and Im guessing Asbo and Dreamer didnt either.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I have completely lost faith with the RFU disciplinary system. 1 week for Ben Youngs for kneeing a prone player in the chest and throwing two punches at his head.

Ouch Sad

After the Calum Clark cop-out too.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Not good Ozzy. Sends out all the wrong messages.

What is it with Care and Youngs?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Not heard anything else about Clark. The whole disciplinary system in rugby is a shambles. There isn't even consistency of bans within the one body, let alone across the many disciplinary panels that sit depending on the competition.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Is it not in the RFUs best interest to give him a low ban though, that seems the only logical solution.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Think there was an article in the Guardian earlier today (haven't had chance to look to confirm), that Saints are pretty much definitely going to appeal against Clark's ban.

How they can is utterly beyond me.

I've had no reply to my e-mail as of yet, but didn't expect one over the weekend. If I've got nothing by lunch time tomorrow I'll try again/try a diff address.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:45 pm

What did you mail the RFU about Dreamer, saying how the Clark incident was a disgrace was it?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Dreamer, I will give it to tomorrow also and send it from my same email saying I cant understand how nobody would reply.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:50 pm

What are the emails about?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Aye the Clark incident Thomand. I just asked how they came to the decision when there were a fair few mistakes (some rather big ones!) in the report (which I proceeded to point out to them), asked them what sort of message they thought they were sending out, and I displayed my extreme disappointment in the leniency of the ban.

I also asked, considering the reason they halved his ban was party due to the fact they believed his previous bad behaviour came when he was U18, when in fact this was wrong and he was 19, was there going to be a chance of a re-trial.

I don't really expect to get any sort of decent response to any of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:55 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0402/1224314232124.html

Heart-stirring stuff and beautifully written. Makes you think.

RIP Fr. Brian Ryan. You made a real difference.

Hemmingway said: “We are all broken by life, but some of us are stronger in the places where we were broken”.

Last edited by Gibson on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:55 pm

MBTGOG wrote:What are the emails about?

Callum Clark broke Hawkins arm in one of the most deliberate looking acts I've ever seen.

It was after the whistle had blown, he twisted back Hawkins arm and it snapped. Clark got a 64 week ban which was halved to 32 weeks because they said his last ban (for headbutting an opponent for England) happened more than five years ago when he was under 18 so they wouldnt take that incident into account and he had a "clean record". In reality it happened in June 2008 and he was 19 years old at the time.

A lot of people sent emails to the RFU to point this out and question why this "clean record" should result in the ban being reduced down to 32 weeks.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:13 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2012/0402/1224314280632.html

Doesnt look good for 1F. Such a crying shame. The biggest game in his club's History since 99. This game needs him. POC too.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Gibson wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0402/1224314232124.html

Hemmingway said: “We are all broken by life, but some of us are stronger in the places where we were broken”.

Really wonderful and I think it just shows why bother spending your time bashing rugby players skills.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:15 pm

red_stag wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:What are the emails about?

Callum Clark broke Hawkins arm in one of the most deliberate looking acts I've ever seen.

It was after the whistle had blown, he twisted back Hawkins arm and it snapped. Clark got a 64 week ban which was halved to 32 weeks because they said his last ban (for headbutting an opponent for England) happened more than five years ago when he was under 18 so they wouldnt take that incident into account and he had a "clean record". In reality it happened in June 2008 and he was 19 years old at the time.

A lot of people sent emails to the RFU to point this out and question why this "clean record" should result in the ban being reduced down to 32 weeks.

Ah fair enough. Isn't that similar to Hartley?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Fair play to you all for mailing them. That was a disgraceful act.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 pm

MBTGOG wrote:I really don't think Troncon would have played anywhere near 101 caps for any of the other 6 Nations sides.

Whereas TOL probably wouldn't get into the Italian side on current form.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Glas a du wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:I really don't think Troncon would have played anywhere near 101 caps for any of the other 6 Nations sides.

Whereas TOL probably wouldn't get into the Italian side on current form.

Maybe not.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:31 pm

I think Semenzato is highly under rated.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Thomond wrote:Ulster fans now are a lot like Munster of the early 2000s, massive chips on their shoulders. Do you want curry or vinegar with it Rodders?

I had the lovely curry and chips at Rodney Parade on Friday and accidentally flicked the sauce on my white Dragons top and in my eye. Stung a bit too. Was the start of a bad evening all round. Should've read the signs and gone home Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Hoe did you manage to do that?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
Gibson wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0402/1224314232124.html

Really wonderful and I think it just shows why bother spending your time bashing rugby players skills.

Ah thats just WUMMing Munsty. Big differ. I think we all do the best we can for and with people... The regs I mean. Thats the common-Bond. I think.

But when it comes to having the craic... sure its part of what we are. Bitches-ghosts sometimes. That irreverent streak in us likes to come out to play. I dont like it when its gets nasty though. There is a clear line for me.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Must admit these bans really pee me off big time! I got sent off lasr season for stamping (a misjudged stamp to clear someone out that landed on their ankle) and I got a 5 week ban for it and then an extra 2 weeks for running it....it was in a blydi ruck!!

To see that something like that from a player who hasn't ever been sent off or in trouble with wru/irb gets that and then Hartley gets 8 weeks for biting and Youngs: 1 week for his assault makes it a joke!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Bitches ghost. Love that expression. My ma always said it to the dog when she was giving out.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:45 pm

I can't be that dispassionate, but respect people who are. Brian Johnson in the cricket managed an entire career without criticising anybody, damned with faint praise yes, but to manage that he's a legend in my book.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 pm

roddersm wrote:Slightly massive exaggeration...... Wink

Hey anyone catch Tom Courts try on friday? That guy has serious gas!

That was class. I didn't believe it even though I saw it with my own eyes. It was very funny. He also fell over coming out of the dressing rooms at HT to the amusement of John Afoa.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

I got very happy when I opened up my postbox and saw that some mail had arrived for me - diolch Ozzy! OK

Seriously though, does anyone else get really happy/excited when they get some post, or is that just me? (and I mean when it's obviously nice post and not a bill)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Gibson wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:

Ah thats just WUMMing Munsty. Big differ. I think we all do the best we can for and with people... The regs I mean. Thats the common-Bond. I think.

But when it comes to having the craic... sure its part of what we are. Bitches-ghosts sometimes. That irreverent streak in us likes to come out to play. I dont like it when its gets nasty though. There is a clear line for me.

Not WUMMing at all. And I think that if you believe you are doing enough then most likely, you aren't.

And where is the line? Would the line be when someone is labelled as gash as I can tell you, I don't think anyone here would say that to a player in real life, so why do it on an internet forum?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I got very happy when I opened up my postbox and saw that some mail had arrived for me - diolch Ozzy! OK

Seriously though, does anyone else get really happy/excited when they get some post, or is that just me? (and I mean when it's obviously nice post and not a bill)

+1

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Never said I was doing enough Munsty. You can never do enough man. Just doing the best I can with what's around me. Dont know how others feel.

Are YE doing enough? How much is enough? And what width is it please?

Do we measure it in Metric or Imperial?

See, I cant help but get irreverent over something so important. It get's me through the day. The day I start taking myself anyway seriously... Im feiced.

I tried it once but ended up on me orse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:02 pm

After spending yesterday with the Asbo's, little Hattie has spent today telling anyone who will listen that yesterday she went to Scotland!!! Laugh

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:03 pm

New fast broadband installed. Apparently I can download music so fast its here before I even decide what I want.

Two things.

Thomond, mayo with chips is lovely. Especially garlic mayo. thumbsup

Never mind Tom Court eating sprouts! I played flanker in behind two guys who drank serious amounts of navy rum and coke on a Friday night. I was one of the fastest wing forwards out of a scrum you ever saw. Laugh
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:After spending yesterday with Asbo's, little Hattie has spent today telling anyone who will listen that yesterday she went to Scotland!!! Laugh

That'll be that Asbo. He is one them Conversionists. Poor aul Huggie has gone from Munster to Leinster and now... he's wearing a kilt.

Just sayin...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Okay, two scenarios:

My uncle is coming into the region this week and is offering to take his family in the area out for some food one evening. A bit awkward in that he hasn't invited a niece and nephew who both live in the same area because he just doesn't get on with his brother, their father. Feels a bit odd to go when he has done that. What would you do?

Secondly, I think I will be missing the Munster match on Sunday and to be honest, I don't really care. Something wrong with me?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:11 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Okay, two scenarios:

My uncle is coming into the region this week and is offering to take his family in the area out for some food one evening. A bit awkward in that he hasn't invited a niece and nephew who both live in the same area because he just doesn't get on with his brother, their father. Feels a bit odd to go when he has done that. What would you do?

Secondly, I think I will be missing the Munster match on Sunday and to be honest, I don't really care. Something wrong with me?

Not a thing wrong Munsty. I don't like watching my team lose either Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:14 pm

It's up to him who he invites and up to you whether you accept.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Rava wrote:

Not a thing wrong Munsty. I don't like watching my team lose either Wink

Might be why I'm so glad I'm in England then, far enough away from Shannon. They have been awful this year from all accounts.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Evening pub. Hows things here?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Hylo. coffee

Somehow, on Saturday whilst shopping around Cardiff as I was, I also tried to withdraw cash using my debit card twice in Australia at the same time. Isn't that amazing? Thankfully there is one skint tea-leaf wandering about in Oz cause they didn't have me PIN and got nothing. Just means I have no debit card for a while. Bit of a bummer when I want to get a ticket for the derby in two weeks, mind....

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Jeebus Cari, you certainly know how to clear a place out Laugh

Hope you get your new card quickly and aren't inconvenienced too much.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:43 pm

At least nothing was taken from your account, Cariadwr OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Munsty,

Scenario 1 - if you feel strongly about it, talk to your uncle. He may not change his view, but that's his right

Scenario 2 - Seems like a shame that something you enjoyed so much has little or no space in your life anymore

Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Not good Cari, but at least you know the crim hasn't got away with anything.

Evening pub.

On the scrum half stuff, Wasps' Joe Simpson holds the record for the fastest pass at 48mph. Mind you occasionally he throws a 'Barnes Wallis'.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next