The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

+28
MBTGOG
Mickado
Thomond
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
Cymroglan
Rava
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
Pot Hale
Notch
dogtooth
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
Mick(TEFC)
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
PenfroPete
Gibson
eirebilly
red_stag
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 21 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured below the equator to Ellis Park, Johannesburg to watch the Lions vs the Crusaders. There's also TVs showing Aviva Premiership, Rabobank Pro 12 and other Super XV action.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Shane Horgan, Jerry Flannery, Jan Ellis, Errol Tobias, Gary Teichmann or the late Jonny Mitchell on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:
https://www.606v2.com/t26505-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-mexico-city-rugby-cantina

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

POC - a poor man's AWJ/Charteris/Evans/take your pic.

(well he is while he's injured anyways)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Shebeen Queen at Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Post by Notch Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:38 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Why is it always the hookers fault for throwing in? Why is it never the lifter/jumpers for mis timing?

That's what I want to know.

People point the one finger of blame far too easily.

It's true. Rory Best has occasionally made mistakes but now when anyone makes a mistake he gets blamed. It's a chemistry between jumper, lifter and hooker. He throws badly when the lineout is under pressure i.e. is jumpers are all well marked and he doesn't have any options. Thats when you can see him worried. Then his throwing goes off. However he's genuinely improved this area of his game over the last few years but probably wants to continue improving. I think being compared to Flannery- one of the most accurate hookers I've seen in the lineout- makes him look less favourable in Irish fans eyes. When you compare him to all the other home nations hookers he's about as accurate and consistent as them.

Are you back to being a Munster fan Hughie?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

I agree with Notch to an extent, whoever calls the lineout needs to vay it if the jumper is getting killed, throw up a lob, dummy lob, go to tail or something.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:52 pm

Yeah, and I'm not trying to say Best isn't to blame for some dodgy throws at times either. Because he has been in the past. But not as many as made out. I can;t remember him having any real poor lineout performances this season in the Heineken Cup or Six Nations. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

I think sometimes we obsess over Ireland players making mistakes. We're a very negative fanbase. We like to focus on mistakes and single guys out. I feel sympathy for the players because having thousands of people pore over your shortcomings is tough.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:09 pm

Just back the winning team notch
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:13 pm

Notch wrote:

Laugh He's a very confused young fella. I suppose the only definite thing is his dislike of the Scarlets
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:15 pm

Don't forget about sportguru folks
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

When is your birthday?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

IHumph is confident of winning Leprechaun
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:25 pm

Amid all the euphoria of Heineken Cups and Sinking Ships, Belfast is currently hosting the World Irish Dancing Championships.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:36 pm

Are you competing Rava?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:38 pm

I'm currently considering if I should open some RedWine and take tomorrow off.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

As long as its only tomorrow you're taking off.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

Rava wrote:
Notch wrote:

Laugh He's a very confused young fella. I suppose the only definite thing is his dislike of the Scarlets

Laugh and don't I know it! He told me in no uncertain terms last time I saw him that he hated them.

Such poor taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

Rava wrote:When is your birthday?

all day Saturday
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

WillyGilly wrote:Are you competing Rava?

Willser I would love to have been able to play the piano. I envy anyone who can master that and I love it when I hear my girl playing.
I took her around the Country for four or five years when she danced. I wouldn't wish Irish Dance competition on anyone.

I have watched Riverdance live and love it but so many mums and grannies reliving their lives through their kids in little halls around the country. No thanks.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:53 pm

Harrington 5 off the lead. Not a bad start for the Irish in Augusta.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 6:56 pm

New Pub! ://www.606v2.com/t27303-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-georgia#1115699

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21