The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

podcast

+16
rumfish mcallister
Amy
Crimey
Kid Vicious
Uryu Ishida
Marsh
Dolphin Ziggler
UpsideDownFace
Mr H
Good Golly I'm Olly
MtotheC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mat
bretmeharty
Beer
crippledtart
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

podcast Empty podcast

Post by crippledtart Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:02 pm

I don’t comment on the forum much these days, for two reasons. Firstly, I’m very busy. Secondly, I’m too good to talk to any of you because I’ve now got a wrestling podcast.

I'm not sure why the previous thread has disappeared but I wanted to give my perspective.

Sorry to read that some people aren’t very impressed with the way things are going. Personally, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of our shows, and by the rapport the three of us have developed in a very short time. I feared it would be a bit rubbish, and I think it’s actually quite good. That’s my opinion, and clearly some of you disagree.

The difficulty for me is that, personally, being very proud of the quality of the show, I’m not eager to tinker with it too much. The way I see it, it should be the news that changes, not the presenters. That’s just my philosophy from listening to podcasts myself; I like to listen to familiar voices I trust and respect. I’ve not kept completely up to date with the forum so I don’t know the ins and outs of what has been discussed recently, but I’m not enthused by the idea of having different people on the show every week. it’s not about being a clique, it’s about my belief that the podcast shouldn’t be a case of “everybody having their turn”. There are some contributors to the forum who we have discussed as potential guests on the podcast, based purely on merit. The original plan for last week –when I was on holiday –was that there would be a BFG roundtable review with Adam, Chris and a couple of guests from the forum. This didn’t happen because Adam was having internet problems, so the chance was missed and the podcast was cancelled. Not anybody’s fault, and nothing malicious about it.

Some people feel we recite the same opinions too much, and that it’s boring listening to the same people each week. That’s valuable feedback. If we are doing a show that the three of us enjoy, but nobody else does, we clearly need to make a decision: either stick to our personal tastes and have no listeners, or change things to hopefully appeal to a wider audience. The podcast was my idea. When I first conceived it, I envisioned it being quite a laid back show where two or three forum regulars chatted about the latest wrestling news. I thought maybe once every few weeks we could have a guest on the show, particularly if one of us was absent for some reason, but I never saw it being a revolving door. Adam has managed to get a couple of pretty impressive guests on the show already, but this has been at the expense of forum members unfortunately.

I think perhaps the mistake was asking for volunteers. It should not be the case that anyone can just “have a go at the podcast”. This is in no way directed personally towards Uryu –who I don’t think I’m familiar with –but I think it’s important that guests should be selected because they seem likely to enhance the show. Again, I’m not referring to Uryu either way here, I’m just speaking in general terms.

Going forward, would people prefer it if we had a guest forum member on the show every couple of weeks (maybe with the chance to vote for who it will be), and are there any other changes you would like us to make? We will take all suggestions on board but this is not a promise they will all be heeded!

Thanks to all for listening and for the feedback.

PS nice video

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

podcast Empty Re: podcast

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

Hey Crips (Or Gavin, or what ever Celebrity name you've given yourself; personally i like Crippy G),

I'd like to be brutally honest. I don't listen to your podcast for a few reasons.

1) I have literally no interest in the product any more. Since Mania all i've seen is the clips on youtube of Ryback from the last two weeks.

2) As i said on the thread with no name. It smacks of self importance and arrogance. Now, i don't mean that to come across horribly, as i'm sure in real life you and Chris are nice enough, but the way is presented with such pomp and circumstance when you hit a listener base of about 7 people is why i have no interest.

The issue with Uryu is a classic point. We're all adults here. If you didn't want him involved cause his face doesn't fit; and i'm sorry, that's exactly what your post insinuates, then have the balls to just tell him. Don't lead him on, or allow him to be humiliated by an Admin cause it's easier than saying 'Sorry, Uryu, we don't need you'.

Not only that, but the fact you offer little to no forum interaction, yet expect them to promote you is even worse. As Bret stated, you don't read emails, you don't respond to people who show interest, so how can you expect help for your cause?

As for opening up a vote to the forum, i can categorically state that will never happen. I'll use myself as an example. If i was to win a vote on here to be on your show, Adam would veto it quicker than you can click a banner on the site. It will be 'respected' members like Kay Fabe or House that get on, because their face fits or their opinion is somehow better than the everyday man.

So, apologies if it seems a tad harsh, but i'd rather be honest and to the point than kick around for a bit and then say it.

B To The Eer.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:18 pm

Hey Crips, Im glad you have taken the time to explain things a bit. If I can speak honestly the first couple you and Adam done where fine but as soon as Chris came on the scene....well I find I hear him a whole lot more then you or Adam. He seems to babble alot.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

Beer wrote:Hey Crips (Or Gavin, or what ever Celebrity name you've given yourself; personally i like Crippy G),

I'd like to be brutally honest. I don't listen to your podcast for a few reasons.

1) I have literally no interest in the product any more. Since Mania all i've seen is the clips on youtube of Ryback from the last two weeks.

2) As i said on the thread with no name. It smacks of self importance and arrogance. Now, i don't mean that to come across horribly, as i'm sure in real life you and Chris are nice enough, but the way is presented with such pomp and circumstance when you hit a listener base of about 7 people is why i have no interest.

The issue with Uryu is a classic point. We're all adults here. If you didn't want him involved cause his face doesn't fit; and i'm sorry, that's exactly what your post insinuates, then have the balls to just tell him. Don't lead him on, or allow him to be humiliated by an Admin cause it's easier than saying 'Sorry, Uryu, we don't need you'.

Not only that, but the fact you offer little to no forum interaction, yet expect them to promote you is even worse. As Bret stated, you don't read emails, you don't respond to people who show interest, so how can you expect help for your cause?

As for opening up a vote to the forum, i can categorically state that will never happen. I'll use myself as an example. If i was to win a vote on here to be on your show, Adam would veto it quicker than you can click a banner on the site. It will be 'respected' members like Kay Fabe or House that get on, because their face fits or their opinion is somehow better than the everyday man.

So, apologies if it seems a tad harsh, but i'd rather be honest and to the point than kick around for a bit and then say it.

B To The Eer.

I would LOVE it if you were on the podcast!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:22 pm

I have no issues with the Podcast Crips, I have actually found it quite enjoyable when I have had time to listen to it. The problem that really made me angry was that Uryu was accepted to do it when you had nobody available, and that has now very quickly become "there shouldn't be any guests", even though you were still a man down this week.

Knowing Uryu pretty well on these boards, I think it was plain for all to see that he wanted to do it, and was pretty excited to do it, and the way it was just brushed off as not important was pretty disrespectful to who is, let us not forget, one of your audience members in a pretty small audience (I'm not saying that as a dig, just as a fact. I've never got off my ass to produce something). I don't think you can afford to just throw your audience away by being, what I perceived to be, cruel.

But then, one by one this whole forum is going to lose its audience, because it's lost basic respect for its members, and forgotten where it came from.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm

Mat wrote:
Beer wrote:Hey Crips (Or Gavin, or what ever Celebrity name you've given yourself; personally i like Crippy G),

B To The Eer.

I would LOVE it if you were on the podcast!

I'd be the Alex Jones of 606v2!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm

As I said in the previous thread, you and the others that develop and produce the podcast deserve the plaudits for actually making it happen, it’s an interesting listen that’s for sure and I don't think many would argue that the dynamic doesn’t work because it does the rapport you've built up is great. However I do feel that diversity in opinion and input would only enhance the show, quite rightly it shouldn't be about 'having a go' however if someone can add value and ultimately improve the show then I think it’s a win win not only for the producers but the listeners too.

Last edited by MtotheC on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:25 pm

Ooo er
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

Can i go on it?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:28 pm

Mr H wrote:Can i go on it?

I would LOVE it if you went on.

I still won't listen though.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

Mr H vs Crips in a battle of the wrestling minds,

Good ol' business would pick up then

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

Bets on Mr H to be emailed a list of things he can't say beforehand?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:33 pm

Pumping would be one of the words

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Pumping would be one of the words

gay the other

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

So no references to Scott Steiner, Stephanie McMahon or Orlando Jordan.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:40 pm

Scott Steiner's gay?! That might explain a few things...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:43 pm

crippledtart wrote:Scott Steiner's gay?! That might explain a few things...

Nice to see you taking the time to respond to the few comments aimed at your OP.... Rolling Eyes

I actually don't care if you respond to mine. I'm sure the response will be straight out of the V2 PR School; however, a few others made points that perhaps deserve a response? Or was your post simply to state your point and screw everyone elses point of view?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

Beer wrote:

Nice to see you taking the time to respond to the few comments aimed at your OP.... Rolling Eyes

I actually don't care if you respond to mine. I'm sure the response will be straight out of the V2 PR School; however, a few others made points that perhaps deserve a response? Or was your post simply to state your point and screw everyone elses point of view?

Beer would you stop beating around bush and actually say what you mean for once! Your posts are so sugar coated! Whistle

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:48 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I have no issues with the Podcast Crips, I have actually found it quite enjoyable when I have had time to listen to it. The problem that really made me angry was that Uryu was accepted to do it when you had nobody available, and that has now very quickly become "there shouldn't be any guests", even though you were still a man down this week.

Knowing Uryu pretty well on these boards, I think it was plain for all to see that he wanted to do it, and was pretty excited to do it, and the way it was just brushed off as not important was pretty disrespectful to who is, let us not forget, one of your audience members in a pretty small audience (I'm not saying that as a dig, just as a fact. I've never got off my ass to produce something). I don't think you can afford to just throw your audience away by being, what I perceived to be, cruel.

But then, one by one this whole forum is going to lose its audience, because it's lost basic respect for its members, and forgotten where it came from.

Couldn't have worded it better

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

MtotheC wrote:
Beer wrote:

Beer would you stop beating around bush and actually say what you mean for once! Your posts are so sugar coated! Whistle

HUNICO!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

I missed all the fun of the last thread, I do love reading a good meltdown.

Not gonna get involved in any bother, just wanted to explain to Uryu that I was in no way just umming and erring after some way to say no last week but was too scared. I really wanted 3 people last week if it was going to be a conversation between myself and people I have never spoken to as I have a tendency to babble even with Adam n Gav. This week we realised it was going to be me and Gav with little time to sort much else out so just went with it as Adam looked likely not to have internet all week and neither of us could do the next day (and Im pretty sure you said you were busy late in the week). I dont know what your face looks like pal, Im sure its gorgeous and would fit in any puzzle across the world.

I can respond to any actual points if you want, I just feel like it'll become one of those threads.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:
I can respond to any actual points if you want, I just feel like it'll become one of those threads.

Not really. That's more of an excuse for not wanting to.

Crips opened up the floor. Whilst the last thread closed it was due to off topic banter and was in no way related to the Podcast. This thread is addressing a point, so feel free to respond.

Also, sorry, i can't think of an overly witty celeb name for you like Crippy G, so i'm just going to call you 'Whiskers'! OK

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:56 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I missed all the fun of the last thread, I do love reading a good meltdown.

Not gonna get involved in any bother, just wanted to explain to Uryu that I was in no way just umming and erring after some way to say no last week but was too scared. I really wanted 3 people last week if it was going to be a conversation between myself and people I have never spoken to as I have a tendency to babble even with Adam n Gav. This week we realised it was going to be me and Gav with little time to sort much else out so just went with it as Adam looked likely not to have internet all week and neither of us could do the next day (and Im pretty sure you said you were busy late in the week). I dont know what your face looks like pal, Im sure its gorgeous and would fit in any puzzle across the world.

Chris I don't know what you mean by this, it would be good to have...I don't know a back and forth interaction with the guys who run the podcast and its listeners which I thought this was meant to be, We have made points and were waiting on respones.

Why is everyone uptight these days with a little banter.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

I personally like the honesty a bit of controversy always mixes things up!

Today has been a drama packed day on v2:

2 deleted threads (one went down this morning about spoilers I think)
a slow burn heel turn from Giz
ED and Brett made up
KB is sounding off at crips
Twist and Crimey have beef
and the lad whose name I can’t remember as I write this didn’t get to do the podcast!

Last edited by MtotheC on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

MtotheC wrote:
and the lad whose name I can’t remember as I write this didn’t get to do the past cast!
Its Uryu

Won't somebody please think of Uryu Laugh

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

An admin on this site showed disrespect to a guy who was clearly only trying to help in your time of need.

A quick PM to the man explaining wouldn't have hurt, whether it was before or after you had done the podcast. Not many people listen to it and that's how people get treated when all they are trying to do is help?! Not a great advertisment for the site IMO. To offer help, be ignored then be shown disrespect and arrogance by a guy who meant to be an "ambassador" for the site. Then people who are in the "inner circle" (which exists whether you want to admit it or not) just throw it away like it doesn't matter because you don't like our response to it!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

UpsideDownFace wrote:An admin on this site showed disrespect to a guy who was clearly only trying to help in your time of need.

A quick PM to the man explaining wouldn't have hurt, whether it was before or after you had done the podcast. Not many people listen to it and that's how people get treated when all they are trying to do is help?! Not a great advertisment for the site IMO. To offer help, be ignored then be shown disrespect and arrogance by a guy who meant to be an "ambassador" for the site. Then people who are in the "inner circle" (which exists whether you want to admit it or not) just throw it away like it doesn't matter because you don't like our response to it!

Amen! OK

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

In all honesty beer, I don't agree with a number of the things you have said, but neither do I want to get involved in a debate about it. I've stated my feelings on the matter and I don't think I did so in the arrogant or evasive way you seem to be insinuating.

I have been pretty open so I don't know why you continue to make an issue out of it. I'm not aware that Uryu was ever promised anything, but the truth is I'm not on the forum as frequently as I'd like to be, and I may have missed this. That is why I didn't go into that particular matter too much except to share my personal viewpoint on guests in general.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:07 pm

I'll ask again, can i go on it?

Not sure you'll have the grapefruits to let me on, it'll be like having John Lydon on Daybreak.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

Right, I have had 0 PM's off anyone regarding the podcast, all I wanted to do was be on it because:

I have Radio Experience (DRS Smile )
I wanted to voice my ( possibly ) unique opinion, especially on Devon.
I have done 3 people, 2 people and solo shows in my experience.

I enjoy talking about wrestling and formulating my own ideas and heck, even a few games about it. I only just got back from a day out in Derby and thank you to those who have defended / remembered me. Yes even Marsh :P

When this idea was conceved I was really up for it and Adam D offered me a possible slot 1 month after it started. I got nothing, ah well.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

Good point, well made.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:11 pm

Mr H wrote:I'll ask again, can i go on it?

Not sure you'll have the grapefruits to let me on, it'll be like having John Lydon on Daybreak.

I was thinking more along the lines of Paris Hilton on Mastermind.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

Beer wrote:

PM for you :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:16 pm

Beer wrote:

I know more than you, doofus.

I'd get the listeners in if i was on it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

This is part of the problem with you and Beer. You're both funny blokes who I'm sure could contribute, but you both seem to see yourselves as being all controversial and too hot to handle.

If either of you wanted to come on the show to discuss wrestling and have a bit of a laugh, I'm happy to go on record that it's fine with me. But I'd be concerned you'd attempt to sabotage it for your own enjoyment, and that isn't the direction I personally want the show to take.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:18 pm

Mr H wrote:
Beer wrote:

I know more than you, doofus.

I'd get the listeners in if i was on it.

No doubt, homie. You iz packing some podcast skillz, innit?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:22 pm

crippledtart wrote:

This is part of the problem with you and Beer. You're both funny blokes who I'm sure could contribute, but you both seem to see yourselves as being all controversial and too hot to handle.

If either of you wanted to come on the show to discuss wrestling and have a bit of a laugh, I'm happy to go on record that it's fine with me. But I'd be concerned you'd attempt to sabotage it for your own enjoyment, and that isn't the direction I personally want the show to take.

Controversial because we don't agree with everything? It's hardly controversial.

I also wouldn't sabotage something like that for my own kicks. And at the same time, I wouldn't want to be part of it to prove some point that guests are encouraged when other people are more interested and should be given the chance that was offered.

I've also never said I wanted to do it, I was just making a point.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

crippledtart wrote:

kanes mask.

I'd remain professional and behave crips, you know that. You also know over the years that my wrestling knowledge is up there with the best and i could offer something worthwhile. I'll give it some thought, and if you guys do the same maybe we can come to an agreement.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

Beer wrote:

this made Kid V Laugh

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:27 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:Right, I have had 0 PM's off anyone regarding the podcast, all I wanted to do was be on it because:

I enjoy talking about wrestling and formulating my own ideas and heck, even a few games about it. I only just got back from a day out in Derby and thank you to those who have defended / remembered me. Yes even Marsh :P

When this idea was conceved I was really up for it and Adam D offered me a possible slot 1 month after it started. I got nothing, ah well.

the last PM I got regarding the podcast was from Chris saying he was busy last weekend.

I would still do the podcast, heck I know what is controversal and what is not so I know where to cross the line and where not to.

I will admit though being ignored by the team has not made me a happy bunny, after recent things though I am just going to behave and ask, why was I ignored and not told ANYTHING?

Last edited by Uryu Ishida on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

I'd also like to point out that I have nothing at all to do with the podcast, so if you thought I was disrespecting Uryu, that has nothing to do with the actual podcast, that was just me not realising that it was a big issue.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:Right, I have had 0 PM's off anyone regarding the podcast, all I wanted to do was be on it because:

the last PM I got regarding the podcast was from Chris saying he was busy last weekend.

I would still do the podcast, heck I know what is controversal and what is not so I know where to cross the line and where not to.

Careful Uryu, you're starting to sound like Oliver Twist.

You keep this up they'll think your interested!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:30 pm

Crimey wrote:I'd also like to point out that I have nothing at all to do with the podcast, so if you thought I was disrespecting Uryu, that has nothing to do with the actual podcast, that was just me not realising that it was a big issue.

It's cause you dislike him and wanted to be the mega heel. But the faces came down and scuppers your plans.

Please don't smiley hate on me though.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:31 pm

Beer wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:

Careful Uryu, you're starting to sound like Oliver Twist.

You keep this up they'll think your interested!

I am interested in putting my views across as I see fit to an audience that wants to listen. I like discussing things and pushing the limits.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:36 pm

Who does that Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:37 pm

Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually dislike Uryu and I'd have posted the crying face no matter who had posted it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

Crimey

The point is not whether or not it is a big deal. To be fair, it isn't and I'm sure Uryu agrees. The point is, you are a d1ck and are supposed to be someone who promotes the site and make people want to use this forum over all the other forums.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:41 pm

Crimey wrote:Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually dislike Uryu and I'd have posted the crying face no matter who had posted it.

Which was still completely unnecessary for an Admin, as has already been said. Lets not digress.

ilovecrimey

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:41 pm

It was just the principal that let me down
Uryu was told he could take part and then wasnt without even being told

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:46 pm

Ahhh I missed the closing of and all responses to the last thread, I very much assumed it became one of those angry threads. I'm sure you both know what I mean anyway. Im not worried about banter, in fact last night I ribbed a certain someones desire to stop watching wrestling because of Vickie Guerrero's newest role. It was tongue in cheek, I agreed with some of the sentiments, but the banterbus is too fun a ride to miss out on.

Like I've said it the post above, circumstance and laziness was all that lead to Uryu not being asked last night and not getting to do it last week. I keep speaking about him without him being online to answer, but he messaged yesterday saying he was away most of the week. Last week when me and him were after an extra person the few responses I did get just didn't fit with times I could do it. It wasn't any act of cruelty, I honestly think that would be the weirdest reason for me to ask someone to join in on a podcast. I can only apologise to him and ED if it made them angry, bit of a storm in a teacup. It comes with being on the internet, there is no way to judge anything Im saying and my behaviour other than the point of view that is mainly preconceived on reading words.

I do babble a bit, Id say I'm probably speaking as much as the others, but my short attention span and some of the decisions made in wrestling tend to lead me to saying equally as odd things. Its a verbal show though, its not really a quick answer kind of thing too often and I feel I at least give the other two something to respond to in most cases.

I'd agree we could do with remembering what people had said on the forum when discussing points, and use the comments to go off. Frankly, we do, but we never name check or remember where we found them. I often write down a few points I've read across the week, I certainly find reading stuff on here more useful than the nonsense I pick up on Bleacher Report. When I say things like "i've read" or "someone said" it is generally from here, I suppose I just let that slide because I'm talking to two people who know the forum far better than I.

We certainly have talked about having people from the forum on, especially more recently, but it does take a little effort to sort out as can be proved from my attempts last week. Whilst I live a carefree life of unemployment taking your tax money, Gavin and Adam are real people and sometimes have issues with work and other things keeping them busy, as do the rest of you and thus it is hard to pin you down on short notice to join us. This week Gavin was not long back from holiday whilst Adam has had no internet and a new-ish job means busy busy busy. No one really knows me on here, and as such I'm less likely to be able to get hold of people.

I dont like the use of words like arrogance and pomp. There is no self importance. We are doing a podcast on here and v2 for free which we enjoy doing, none of us is the king of the airwaves. I think those who have listened regularly would argue that we all talk at a friendly level, never ignoring the fact we are mere consumers of a product who also have an opinion. It is considerably worse on this forum, where often newer members have to respond to each other as the old guard speak more to the faces they know, regardless of opinion.

I dont really know what else to say on it. I hate the use of the word arrogant nowadays anyway, its referred to as an insult every time someone disagree with the way someone else expresses themselves, mainly verbally. I just disagree with that whole paragraph on self importance and arrogance. Id try listening to the very popular Ring Rust Radio to see how Americans present podcasts, thats a haven of inflated egos and pomposity.

Theres also a certain level of presenting to fake masses whilst knowing we have 5 listeners at best. We clearly joke about it too, but if we were to sit and quietly, shyly talk about things whilst all the while crippled by the knowledge no one cares then it would never be anything further, nor would it interest VDT and his dog.

I think forum interaction will be the one to work on, we dont get the greatest levels of feedback, and I think that puts us off trying a bit, but it is down to us. Sadly, our ideas for BFG and getting people involved were all too late for us to put them in place, but theres an idea or two there that would be fitting of Survivor Series because its a big enough PPV to make a big deal over, and a good point in the year to set out for some further WWE predictions.

I am truly gutted I missed the first thread though, I love reading a soon-to-be-closed thread.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next