The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

podcast

+16
rumfish mcallister
Amy
Crimey
Kid Vicious
Uryu Ishida
Marsh
Dolphin Ziggler
UpsideDownFace
Mr H
Good Golly I'm Olly
MtotheC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mat
bretmeharty
Beer
crippledtart
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

podcast - Page 2 Empty podcast

Post by crippledtart Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I don’t comment on the forum much these days, for two reasons. Firstly, I’m very busy. Secondly, I’m too good to talk to any of you because I’ve now got a wrestling podcast.

I'm not sure why the previous thread has disappeared but I wanted to give my perspective.

Sorry to read that some people aren’t very impressed with the way things are going. Personally, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of our shows, and by the rapport the three of us have developed in a very short time. I feared it would be a bit rubbish, and I think it’s actually quite good. That’s my opinion, and clearly some of you disagree.

The difficulty for me is that, personally, being very proud of the quality of the show, I’m not eager to tinker with it too much. The way I see it, it should be the news that changes, not the presenters. That’s just my philosophy from listening to podcasts myself; I like to listen to familiar voices I trust and respect. I’ve not kept completely up to date with the forum so I don’t know the ins and outs of what has been discussed recently, but I’m not enthused by the idea of having different people on the show every week. it’s not about being a clique, it’s about my belief that the podcast shouldn’t be a case of “everybody having their turn”. There are some contributors to the forum who we have discussed as potential guests on the podcast, based purely on merit. The original plan for last week –when I was on holiday –was that there would be a BFG roundtable review with Adam, Chris and a couple of guests from the forum. This didn’t happen because Adam was having internet problems, so the chance was missed and the podcast was cancelled. Not anybody’s fault, and nothing malicious about it.

Some people feel we recite the same opinions too much, and that it’s boring listening to the same people each week. That’s valuable feedback. If we are doing a show that the three of us enjoy, but nobody else does, we clearly need to make a decision: either stick to our personal tastes and have no listeners, or change things to hopefully appeal to a wider audience. The podcast was my idea. When I first conceived it, I envisioned it being quite a laid back show where two or three forum regulars chatted about the latest wrestling news. I thought maybe once every few weeks we could have a guest on the show, particularly if one of us was absent for some reason, but I never saw it being a revolving door. Adam has managed to get a couple of pretty impressive guests on the show already, but this has been at the expense of forum members unfortunately.

I think perhaps the mistake was asking for volunteers. It should not be the case that anyone can just “have a go at the podcast”. This is in no way directed personally towards Uryu –who I don’t think I’m familiar with –but I think it’s important that guests should be selected because they seem likely to enhance the show. Again, I’m not referring to Uryu either way here, I’m just speaking in general terms.

Going forward, would people prefer it if we had a guest forum member on the show every couple of weeks (maybe with the chance to vote for who it will be), and are there any other changes you would like us to make? We will take all suggestions on board but this is not a promise they will all be heeded!

Thanks to all for listening and for the feedback.

PS nice video

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

podcast - Page 2 Empty Re: podcast

Post by Crimey Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Sometimes, as I am only human, I post without even taking into account that I'm an admin. In fact 90% of my posts I won't even think about the fact that I'm an admin.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Christ I missed 100 posts in typing that nonsense.

Uryu - nothing personal, I can say it 100 times and it will still be true. Doing it one week didnt seem like it would cause any controversy, being what it is I had been planning to PM you and explain but then this all blew up.

Whilst people defending others is admirable, its also making a hell of a lot out of nothing. Again, its things like this that are fine face to face but you get the lack of context and the hours and days in between responses and other people coming in then words like 'I'm gonna blow you away' become 'he said he was gonna hit him in the face with an air conditioning unit'.

PM me Uryu, you can be as vitriolic as you want and we wont have any admins noting it down and it might clear the air as it were.

None of us want to just bring someone on because of all this, we'd talked about it anyway and now this is making it some big deal. I wish VDT were online, I'd do whatever made him happiest.

Am I overreacting in thinking people asked for banter to be allowed then whined at Crimey making a face for a laugh?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Crimey wrote:Sometimes, as I am only human, I post without even taking into account that I'm an admin. In fact 90% of my posts I won't even think about the fact that I'm an admin.

Alright, Lionsblood.

Whiskers,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It genuinely didn't come off as a PR exercise which is a good thing.

You can clearly see how the forum interaction and then subsequent feedback is linked, so hopefully that will change and VDT's sister and Auntie Sarah will also listen.

I'm joking. But I stand by my original points, as I'm sure you stand by yours, but I'm well aware from past experiences how things like this are born and how they evolve and the stigma, politicking and clickyness that comes with them.

Hopefully I'll notice Uryu on one and take a listen for a few minutes before going back to listening to Little Mix.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:Sometimes, as I am only human, I post without even taking into account that I'm an admin. In fact 90% of my posts I won't even think about the fact that I'm an admin.

Alright, Lionsblood.

Whiskers,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It genuinely didn't come off as a PR exercise which is a good thing.

You can clearly see how the forum interaction and then subsequent feedback is linked, so hopefully that will change and VDT's sister and Auntie Sarah will also listen.

I'm joking. But I stand by my original points, as I'm sure you stand by yours, but I'm well aware from past experiences how things like this are born and how they evolve and the stigma, politicking and clickyness that comes with them.

Hopefully I'll notice Uryu on one and take a listen for a few minutes before going back to listening to Little Mix.

I like the blonde one out of Little Mix.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

ok, well let me just say that in fairness. I sent Chris the following PM yesterday afternoon.

hey

From Uryu Ishida To chris.wilkerson13, Yesterday at 4:15 pm

won't be available to do the podcast Thurs night - Monday night as I am MCM Expo. On the plus side...might be able to snag Edge for an interview as he is there. If I can, I will pass the footage onto Adam or yourself Smile

What was stopping ANYONE on the podcast telling me I was not needed?

Yeah, it hurts but I am willing to go past it if we can get clearer communications in the future.

Last edited by Uryu Ishida on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Mat wrote:
Beer wrote:

Alright, Lionsblood.

Whiskers,

She has a weird belly button.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 pm

No problem Mr Cruise (Beer is alcoholic like a cocktail, Tom Cruise was in Cocktail).

Theres going to be a certain backstage feel to us where we become The Kliq, but we have been speaking each week about wrestling and in the week about what we'll discuss so obviously theres a rapport.

But thats about it. Its not our baby. Uryu is the first person to make a real effort to be involved, its been unfortunate that he hasnt been since last week, thats it. Whilst I can handle being told I babble and that theres a level of arrogance involved (whether I agree or not) I won't have people shouting me out as rude and cruel. Its nonsense.

As good a time as any to ask if anyone wants to come on closer to Survivor Series or before? A part of me wants to not ask because of it feeling forced, but I have planned to ask anyway and theres no point being bitter or fearing I might 'lose face' or some other cool expression.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Beer wrote:
Mat wrote:
Beer wrote:

Alright, Lionsblood.

Whiskers,

She has a weird belly button.

I could handle her having a weird belly button.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm

I'd nominate Mr. H (the H is for Herpes).

I'm far to anti TNA, I wouldn't get passed security, or VDT's dog.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:ok, well let me just say that in fairness. I sent Chris the following PM yesterday afternoon.

hey

From Uryu Ishida To chris.wilkerson13, Yesterday at 4:15 pm

won't be available to do the podcast Thurs night - Monday night as I am MCM Expo. On the plus side...might be able to snag Edge for an interview as he is there. If I can, I will pass the footage onto Adam or yourself Smile

What was stopping ANYONE on the podcast telling me I was not needed?

Yeah, it hurts but I am willing to go past it if we can get clearer communications in the future.

Basically, I was doing other things, then got on with the podcast because I wanted to get it done so I could go back to doing other things. We were at full quota until close up to doing it, and after that we had little time and little energy to sort out anything else. As discussed, we couldnt do tonight, and you were busy thurs to monday (I read it, I digested it, I didnt feel I needed to reply with urgency).

Like I've said, I would have PM'd you today to explain and talk further but all this happened. Plus I sleep all day and lurk all night so I miss daytime, sunshine and early parts of the forum. I do however meet many bats and owls.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Chris, I'd love to be on the survivor series edition

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:25 pm

crippledtart wrote:Chris, I'd love to be on the survivor series edition

I would love to be on future editions of the podcast. Just lemmie know in future Smile

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm

I will allow you on, then one more randomly selected person.

Adam wins! Thats all from the competition folks, please do not continue to call in as your votes will not count but your calls will still be charged.

(This competition has passed all BBC and ITV regulations as set down by the Jimmy Savile era of honesty in television)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm

I am of course on the BANTERBUS with that comment. What a cad I am.

Id honestly like to try one week where either a few people come on or I pre-record a couple before hand and we intersperse a whole load of opinion. I'll let Adam sort it when hes online as hes the boss and people respond to him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Fair play Chris coming out and saying all that, OK

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I am of course on the BANTERBUS with that comment. What a cad I am.

Id honestly like to try one week where either a few people come on or I pre-record a couple before hand and we intersperse a whole load of opinion. I'll let Adam sort it when hes online as hes the boss and people respond to him.

Sorry, Whiskers.

You can only get in the BANTERBUS if given clearance by the Archbishops of Banterbury. Let me just check for vacancies....

Oh would you look at that, bus is full.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Beer wrote:
chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I am of course on the BANTERBUS with that comment. What a cad I am.

Sorry, Whiskers.

You can only get in the BANTERBUS if given clearance by the Archbishops of Banterbury. Let me just check for vacancies....

And i'm clinging on the roof!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Yes.... Arch bishops of banterbury! I want that to stick!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:
Beer wrote:

Sorry, Whiskers.

And i'm clinging on the roof!

It's a convertible. Sorry.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm

MtotheC wrote:Yes.... Arch bishops of banterbury! I want that to stick!

How cute.. Could have the first 606v2 wedding on our hands... Bless

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 pm

rumfish mcallister wrote:
MtotheC wrote:Yes.... Arch bishops of banterbury! I want that to stick!

How cute.. Could have the first 606v2 wedding on our hands... Bless

Thanks, Rimmy!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:03 pm

That Mantel is already taken sorry

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 pm

How about civil partnership then??

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm

rumfish mcallister wrote:How about civil partnership then??

Worst proposal ever.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Chris, in my posts defending Uryu, I wasn't getting at you personally. I understand you have little available time to get everyone together and get the podcast done.

And the "arrogance" term was towards Crimey, not you.

The thing that peed me off is I have made inappropriate comments before on inappropriate thread (anything by Leslie) and I get PM's from Crimey moaning. Yet it's ok for him to show disrespect towards a guy who is in a very, very small minority who is trying to help the progression of a product you are trying to push

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Beer wrote:
rumfish mcallister wrote:How about civil partnership then??

Worst proposal ever.

I know.. I should have known better.. There is nothing civil about you me old china

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:20 pm

I just wrote a nice reply and forgot to post it and im too tired to say the nice things again so:

Cheers Bret n Beer for being decent about it once responded to. Cheers Uryu for being similarly decent.

Me and crips both posted with decent intentions and no PR faces, I hope you can see that was decent.

I hope ED and Amy plus the others (who are decent but ive forgotten your quite decent usernames) come on and see this has all been a misunderstanding and some decent feedback has gone back n forth. Now ED can celebrate Heath's very decent first round WWC victory

I hope some people will come on to the podcast soon, especially some of the veterans of the forum like those who have posted here today.

In short, things have turned out decent.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Overuse of the word decent there, Whiskers.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

I just didnt like the way it was handled is all and hopefully you can see why. but I appreciate you taking time out to explain

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm

UpsideDownFace wrote:Chris, in my posts defending Uryu, I wasn't getting at you personally. I understand you have little available time to get everyone together and get the podcast done.

And the "arrogance" term was towards Crimey, not you.

The thing that peed me off is I have made inappropriate comments before on inappropriate thread (anything by Leslie) and I get PM's from Crimey moaning. Yet it's ok for him to show disrespect towards a guy who is in a very, very small minority who is trying to help the progression of a product you are trying to push

I missed the Crimey thing but I think it was probably a joke, but dont let me get involved as ive already had my own weird thread today!

I think I was responding to Beer on the arrogance line, and Im pretty sure he was calling the tone arrogant rather than the people and we've been happy to agree to disagree anyway, nothing personal or nowt, we've all metaphorically shook hands and patted each other on the back.

Honestly, I dont think we need to worry about Uryu, Uryu is fine and no one is purposefully doing anything to offend him. Im sure he'll pop up in the coming weeks, and I'll use the really pathetic rivalry between Derby Uni and my old Uni in Lincoln to form an awfully depressing feud about education. I can understand without explanation it looked bad though, but I promise my intentions were good (oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood music ) Its cool Amy, we're decent, just thought I'd address it whilst I was talking!

thumbsup DECENT

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Christ I missed 100 posts in typing that nonsense.

Uryu - nothing personal, I can say it 100 times and it will still be true. Doing it one week didnt seem like it would cause any controversy, being what it is I had been planning to PM you and explain but then this all blew up.

Whilst people defending others is admirable, its also making a hell of a lot out of nothing. Again, its things like this that are fine face to face but you get the lack of context and the hours and days in between responses and other people coming in then words like 'I'm gonna blow you away' become 'he said he was gonna hit him in the face with an air conditioning unit'.

PM me Uryu, you can be as vitriolic as you want and we wont have any admins noting it down and it might clear the air as it were.

None of us want to just bring someone on because of all this, we'd talked about it anyway and now this is making it some big deal. I wish VDT were online, I'd do whatever made him happiest.

Am I overreacting in thinking people asked for banter to be allowed then whined at Crimey making a face for a laugh?

Aw thanx for wanting to make me Happy Chris! Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:12 pm

You're our most prized listener.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 am

I'm not really familar with Chris or Uryu but last week I did notice Uryu and his enthusiasm for doing the podcast was there for all to see, anyone who was that up for it wouldn't have done a bad job, to be fair I've never listened to a single show yet.

What I would say though is that Mr H is a very good poster who does actually know what he wants to see in Wrestling, same with KB, he knows what he likes too, they're just bored with the product so have a laugh instead, for the record I think both would add something to the show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 am

Beer wrote:Hey Crips (Or Gavin, or what ever Celebrity name you've given yourself; personally i like Crippy G),

I'd like to be brutally honest. I don't listen to your podcast for a few reasons.

1) I have literally no interest in the product any more. Since Mania all i've seen is the clips on youtube of Ryback from the last two weeks.

2) As i said on the thread with no name. It smacks of self importance and arrogance. Now, i don't mean that to come across horribly, as i'm sure in real life you and Chris are nice enough, but the way is presented with such pomp and circumstance when you hit a listener base of about 7 people is why i have no interest.

The issue with Uryu is a classic point. We're all adults here. If you didn't want him involved cause his face doesn't fit; and i'm sorry, that's exactly what your post insinuates, then have the balls to just tell him. Don't lead him on, or allow him to be humiliated by an Admin cause it's easier than saying 'Sorry, Uryu, we don't need you'.

Not only that, but the fact you offer little to no forum interaction, yet expect them to promote you is even worse. As Bret stated, you don't read emails, you don't respond to people who show interest, so how can you expect help for your cause?

As for opening up a vote to the forum, i can categorically state that will never happen. I'll use myself as an example. If i was to win a vote on here to be on your show, Adam would veto it quicker than you can click a banner on the site. It will be 'respected' members like Kay Fabe or House that get on, because their face fits or their opinion is somehow better than the everyday man.

So, apologies if it seems a tad harsh, but i'd rather be honest and to the point than kick around for a bit and then say it.

B To The Eer.

Possibly the greatest compliment I've ever recived in my life Smile

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am

Damn, I didn't see that before I endorsed him Laugh oh well

I do think you'd be quality on it Dr G.H, you're knowledge is second to none and with a larger range than most of us on here

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:14 am

I think you would be quality on it, Gaff. You know both the products very well, you can be involved in serious discussion and have a bit of a laugh.

And my comment wasn't a dig at you two. More highlighting that you're better suited.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am

I wouldnt do it, its not really my kind of thing, i just wanted to see what response id get from the higher powers which incidently was no response at all haha!

Gaffer would be good on it, not sure anyone would understand him though.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 am

Chris,

Just wanted to say I appreciated you taking the time to respond to feedback, and I'm sorry I used the word "cruel" - it was a bit of a poorly fitting word to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

Any farting on the train this morning ED?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:33 am

Mr H wrote:Any farting on the train this morning ED?

No just telling the gate operator he was a "f***ing moron" and that perhaps he might want to think about talking to me like a human being rather than some cattle you can shave 8% more meat off every year. Then I threw my umbrella.

I think I got a bit caught up in yesterdays mobbing Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 am

Why would you throw your own umbrella??? Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:37 am

More worryingly, why would you own an umbrella???

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 am

Mr H wrote:I wouldnt do it, its not really my kind of thing, i just wanted to see what response id get from the higher powers which incidently was no response at all haha!

Gaffer would be good on it, not sure anyone would understand him though.

Did I not respond?! (or maybe you don't consider me a higher power. I don't care, I'm crippy G and that's good enough for me).

It'd certainly be interesting to have gaffer on the show. I've always wanted to know if drying paint makes a sound.

Although, given this is the v2 wrestling podcast, if nobody is there to hear it does it really make any sound at all?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 am

Mr H wrote:More worryingly, why would you own an umbrella???

ED must be one of those...you know a modern man

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:46 am

Because I'm not Northern, and therefore being part of the modern world use things such as coats/umbrellas/bags to satisfy my ragingly homosexual desire to keep myself and my things dry

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 am

Electric Demon wrote:

Because I'm not Northern, and therefore being part of the modern world use things such as coats/umbrellas/bags to satisfy my ragingly homosexual desire to keep myself and my things dry

Nah you're just gay. I'm southern and wouldn't consider owning an umbrella.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 am

MIG wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:

What do you mean "you wouldn't consider owning an umbrella"? What does that even mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:53 am

I've never owned an umbrella. The first time I've ever thought about buying an umbrella is reading this thread today.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 am

MIG wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:

I'm southern and i own an Umbrella.

Although 'own' implies i bought it. I didn't. It was a nice golf brolly that someone left on a train for 4 stops so i'm looking after it for him.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 am

Hows owning an umbrella gay anyway??
I don't stick it up my arse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content