The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

podcast

+16
rumfish mcallister
Amy
Crimey
Kid Vicious
Uryu Ishida
Marsh
Dolphin Ziggler
UpsideDownFace
Mr H
Good Golly I'm Olly
MtotheC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mat
bretmeharty
Beer
crippledtart
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

podcast - Page 3 Empty podcast

Post by crippledtart Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

I don’t comment on the forum much these days, for two reasons. Firstly, I’m very busy. Secondly, I’m too good to talk to any of you because I’ve now got a wrestling podcast.

I'm not sure why the previous thread has disappeared but I wanted to give my perspective.

Sorry to read that some people aren’t very impressed with the way things are going. Personally, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of our shows, and by the rapport the three of us have developed in a very short time. I feared it would be a bit rubbish, and I think it’s actually quite good. That’s my opinion, and clearly some of you disagree.

The difficulty for me is that, personally, being very proud of the quality of the show, I’m not eager to tinker with it too much. The way I see it, it should be the news that changes, not the presenters. That’s just my philosophy from listening to podcasts myself; I like to listen to familiar voices I trust and respect. I’ve not kept completely up to date with the forum so I don’t know the ins and outs of what has been discussed recently, but I’m not enthused by the idea of having different people on the show every week. it’s not about being a clique, it’s about my belief that the podcast shouldn’t be a case of “everybody having their turn”. There are some contributors to the forum who we have discussed as potential guests on the podcast, based purely on merit. The original plan for last week –when I was on holiday –was that there would be a BFG roundtable review with Adam, Chris and a couple of guests from the forum. This didn’t happen because Adam was having internet problems, so the chance was missed and the podcast was cancelled. Not anybody’s fault, and nothing malicious about it.

Some people feel we recite the same opinions too much, and that it’s boring listening to the same people each week. That’s valuable feedback. If we are doing a show that the three of us enjoy, but nobody else does, we clearly need to make a decision: either stick to our personal tastes and have no listeners, or change things to hopefully appeal to a wider audience. The podcast was my idea. When I first conceived it, I envisioned it being quite a laid back show where two or three forum regulars chatted about the latest wrestling news. I thought maybe once every few weeks we could have a guest on the show, particularly if one of us was absent for some reason, but I never saw it being a revolving door. Adam has managed to get a couple of pretty impressive guests on the show already, but this has been at the expense of forum members unfortunately.

I think perhaps the mistake was asking for volunteers. It should not be the case that anyone can just “have a go at the podcast”. This is in no way directed personally towards Uryu –who I don’t think I’m familiar with –but I think it’s important that guests should be selected because they seem likely to enhance the show. Again, I’m not referring to Uryu either way here, I’m just speaking in general terms.

Going forward, would people prefer it if we had a guest forum member on the show every couple of weeks (maybe with the chance to vote for who it will be), and are there any other changes you would like us to make? We will take all suggestions on board but this is not a promise they will all be heeded!

Thanks to all for listening and for the feedback.

PS nice video

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

podcast - Page 3 Empty Re: podcast

Post by MIG Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Hows owning an umbrella gay anyway??
I don't stick it up my arse.

It was meant to be a joke.

Not the best thing to stick up your arse. Especially if it opens! Shocked

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

MIG wrote:

It was meant to be a joke.

Not the best thing to stick up your arse. Especially if it opens! Shocked

That's the best part.
Open it up, chuck a beaver in.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Oct 2012, 5:04 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Chris,

Just wanted to say I appreciated you taking the time to respond to feedback, and I'm sorry I used the word "cruel" - it was a bit of a poorly fitting word to use.

Cheers ED, not 100% sure why I reacted so badly to the word cruel, I think I must have just wanted to be annoyed about something or other in between being all nice.

All that's fine as long as you don't open the umbrella inside of you. Bad luck you know

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 25 Oct 2012, 5:20 pm

Some people perceive it to be more of a macho feat to simply allow the rain to get you wet instead of opting to open an umbrella to protect yourself. I am happy to get wet, it doesnt bother me, it doesnt bother my clothes and it doesnt bother my hair, it also cools me down and i find it quite refreshing and when i wear a white shirt with no coat you can see my hairy chest when its wet. I assume you dont want to mess up your boyband hair ED? I don't have a problem with men using an umbrella in lashing rain, but in a bit of drizzle i find it a bit soft.

By the way, you are slowly turning into my favourite poster.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:30 am

Owning an umbrella definitely doesn't make you gay, it just stops you're make up from running in a bit of a drizzle though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:32 am

I love you gaff

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:47 am

Dito Davies kiss

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:31 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Owning an umbrella definitely doesn't make you gay, it just stops you're make up from running in a bit of a drizzle though

I'd be suprised if a manly, heroin taking, haggis eating, whiskey covered Glaswegian ned turned out to be gay.

Although you lot do wear skirts.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

I date r*** myself too!

Can't say I've been pumped yet tho!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

Tonight i dare you to see how many bagpipes you can get up your a*s!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:59 pm

That's like the start of a segment on stars in your eyes

And Tonight Matthew....

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down