The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP)

+34
Fists of Fury
paperbag_puncher
TheMackemMawler
Seanusarrilius
joeyjojo618
hogey
Imperial Ghosty
BallchinianMuffwig
6oldenbhoy
Mr Bounce
Nico the gman
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
The genius of PBF
ONETWOFOREVER
rodders
BoxingFan88
azania
JabMachineMK2
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Sugar Boy Sweetie
monty junior
ShahenshahG
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
Mayweathers cellmate
bellchees
TopHat24/7
Daz
seanmichaels
School Project
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP) - Page 3 Empty Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP)

Post by School Project Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

There’s been some conflicting reports recently about Manny Steward in the media – it was first mentioned last month that Manny had cancer, a number of boxers were Tweeting “pray for Manny” and the news reached the smaller Boxing News sites. These were dismissed as Manny was diagnosed with diverticulitis (quite a severe stomach problem that can cause a number of aislements).

I saw this morning on Twitter that Manny was taken ill, however the reports don’t clarify what the issue is – As I’m in work I’m kind of limited to do any digging but thought I’d let you guys know in case you had access to more news.

I hope the guy is alright and this news I’ve seen is blown out of proportion as Manny is a great trainer and fantastic pundit in boxing.

The news is confirmed and it's sad to read, it seems Manny Steward has sadly passed away following a short battle with an undisclosed stomach condition. I'm sure we would all agree that the man has shaped the careers of more than enough Hall of Famers and legends of boxing to propel himself into the boxing record books.

He has always been one of the most respected AND respectable trainers in the sport and a real gentleman. Boxing won't be the same without him.

RIP Manny Steward. P4P one of the greatest boxing trainers to have graced this planet.

Last edited by School Project on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

School Project

Back to top Go down

Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP)

Post by School Project Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:51 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Like Coxy, I always enjoyed the way that Steward seemingly forgot that he was commentating on live TV now and then, and just had that feel of an excited fan watching the drama unfold. The way he went berserk in the closing stages of the final round as Toney decked Jirov was fantastic.

"OH... MY..... GAWWD!" Every time I heard him say that in a war I smiled. He was a true boxing fan at heart. It was his love for the sport that showed through everytime.

Even in the corner for his fighters. I remember him screaming at Wlad to finish a guy early so he is remembered for his KO power. Or when he was giving Jermaine Taylor the telling of a lifetime "You're doing enough to win but you ain't BOXING Son! I ain't seeing that jab, I aint seeing S**T!!!"

Damn, I'm gonna miss that voice and passion.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Manny Steward - Some Recent News (RIP)

Post by Rodney Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:22 pm

Very shocked, RIP Manny a true boxing legend.

Rodders x
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

Twitter tribute from The Hitman, Emmanuel's finest export:

"I would to thank everyone for there very kind words. As I try to deal with the lose of my 2nd dad we've went through low times & high times!

Among all that we had a relationship a bond that was so strong! I'm definitely going to miss him dearly! Emanuel you will never be forgotten

I will always have you in my mind & in my heart. @EmanuelSteward"

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3