The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

+30
Rory_Gallagher
GunsGerms
RogerLewis
stevetynant
eirebilly
wales606
Thomond
Gibson
asoreleftshoulder
sheephead
Cari
wolfball
Artful_Dodger
Pot Hale
wayne
Shifty
ME-109
Smirnoffpriest
ScarletSpiderman
LeinsterFan4life
rodders
glamorganalun
Jenifer McLadyboy
pete (buachaill on eirne)
LordDowlais
Golden
Morgannwg
Mickado
thebandwagonsociety
maestegmafia
34 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who will win...???

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Vote_lcap53%Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Vote_lcap47%Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Empty Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

Post by maestegmafia Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

OSPREYS (9) 19
Tries: Walker Cons: Morgan Pens: Morgan (3) Drop-goal: Morgan

LEINSTER (10) 10
Tries: Auva'a Cons: Madigan Pens: Madigan

Eli Walker's spectacular try gave Ospreys a hard-fought Pro12 win over European champions Leinster.
One point separated the sides at the break after three Matthew Morgan penalties followed a converted Leo Auva'a try and an Ian Madigan penalty.
Richard Fussell sliced through the Leinster defence from deep in his own half, timing his pass perfectly for lively wing Walker to score.

Morgan converted and added a drop-goal to deny Leinster a losing bonus point.
Ospreys were often on the back foot against a powerful Leinster pack, but showed tenacity in defence and a touch of flair to capitalise on a rare break.
It gave the Welsh side their sixth win from the last seven meetings with the Irish province and took them above the visitors to fifth place in the table.

Ospreys fly-half Matthew Morgan lands a late penalty to deny Leinster a losing bonus point
They rode their luck at times, and were fortunate to escape as early as the seventh minute when a try slipped through Fionn Carr's fingers when the Leinster winger failed to hold onto the ball while sliding towards the left corner.

But the visitors pounced from the resulting line-out after charging down the attempted clearance kick from Ospreys scrum-half Rhys Webb.

The ball spun towards the posts, evading the grasp of home centre Andrew Bishop, and Leinster number eight Auva'a gathered up with glee to score.
Video referee Nigel Whitehouse gave the try despite the suspicion of a knock-on, and Madigan converted.

Two Morgan penalties cut the deficit as Ospreys began to make inroads, but they needed Walker's intervention to deny Leinster a second try when Andrew Conway chased his own chip kick.
Another let-off soon followed when Madigan pulled a simple kick at goal wide, but Morgan's aim was true as he added a third penalty with the final kick of an even first half.

Webb was the next to save the home side early after the break, clinging on by his fingertips to Madigan's shirt with the try-line in the fly-half's sights.
Leinster were on top at this stage, benefiting from their numerical advantage following a yellow card to home prop Duncan Jones.

But a moment of magic from Fussell ripped open the Leinster defence for Walker's decisive try.

Full-back Fussell received a quickly taken line-out in his own 22 and sliced through the lethargic chasing defenders, finding a clear path into the opposition half.
Walker, the most dangerous player on show with ball in hand, was perfectly placed to receive Fussell's pass as he drew the final Leinster cover.

Morgan converted, putting Ospreys 16-10 ahead, and Jones's return from the sin bin was another boost as the game entered the final 20 minutes.
Leinster continued to enjoy forward dominance, but enterprising back play took Ospreys within drop-goal territory and Morgan made no mistake to take his side two scores clear with five minutes remaining.

TEAM DETAILS

Ospreys: Fussell; H. Dirksen, Isaacs, Bishop, Walker; Morgan, Webb; D. Jones, Dwyer, Rees, Peers, J. Thomas, Stowers, Lewis, Bearman.
Replacements: M. Thomas for Lewis (54), Fotuali'i for Webb (57), King for Peers (59), Lewis for M. Thomas (62), Allen for Bearman (77).
Not Used: Ellis, Suter, Spratt, R. Jones.
Sin Bin: D. Jones (51).
Leinster: D. Kearney; Conway, Macken, Goodman, Carr; Madigan, Boss; Van der Merwe, T. Sexton, Hagan, Browne, Toner, Ruddock, Jennings, L. Auva'a, Marshall.
Replacements: Marshall for Browne (26), Murphy for Marshall (65), Moore for Hagan (68), Tracy for Auva'a (77), J. McGrath for Van der Merwe (77)
Not Used: Cooney, Reid, Coghlan-Murray.
Att: 9,246
Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
Assistant r eferees: Neil Nennessy, Wayne Davies (both WRU)
Citing c ommissioner: Dennis Jones (WRU)
TMO: Nigel Whitehouse (WRU)
Your comments
Also related to this story

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Empty Re: Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Oh dear Madigan misses that penalty. It's still 6-10 after 36 minutes.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 Empty Re: Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Jeez! I'm lost on what that last one was for. Another 3 points for the Ospreys.

Ref 6 - 10 Leinster

Doesn't take long for the Leinster lot to whine about the ref. I remember in the final they blamed the ref despite him actually giving Leinster all the chances he possibly could Laugh.

That post has to be the definition of irony.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Boss is playing brilliantly.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't know why both sides are attempting kick and chases in these conditions. Boss is having a good game anyway.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:43 pm

WTF was Carr doing there?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Kick and chase forces errors from the opposition. Neither team is getting much advantage from it yet.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Gibson wrote:WTF was Carr doing there?

Unlike Boss, he's not having such a good game so far...another penalty for Morgs to attempt...

Ah OK Mick thumbsup

HT 9-10 Game on!!!

Last edited by Cari on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:44 pm

We really are giving this game to O's. Should be out of sight by now.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Leinster manage to throw away all the dominance as they give away another kickable penalty. 10-9 going into the break.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Jeez! I'm lost on what that last one was for. Another 3 points for the Ospreys.

Ref 6 - 10 Leinster

Doesn't take long for the Leinster lot to whine about the ref. I remember in the final they blamed the ref despite him actually giving Leinster all the chances he possibly could Laugh.

No idea why this retort always comes out when people are confronted with the truth.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Hmmm half time,happy enough with the performance not so much with the scoreline.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Ref 6 - 10 Leinster

No idea why this retort always comes out when people are confronted with the truth.

Because my post is also "the truth".

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Ref 6 - 10 Leinster

Well I suggest you look up the definition or irony. You'll be surprised Smile.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm

He dived for the try line 5m too early..... laughing
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Ref 6 - 10 Leinster

irony

1    [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
noun, plural i·ro·nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

My mistake I forgot to add the word unintentional.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 pm

rodders wrote:

He dived for the try line 5m too early..... laughing

He also kicked it out with 2mins to go
picard

Can't wait for this second half! Such exciting rugby! Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 4 1347041234

Tumbleweed

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Nah nah nan nah nah nah nah nah... Jaaackmaaan!

Last edited by Gibson on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Headless stuff Rods!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:58 pm

It's still wazzing down there...second half...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:58 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Ref 6 - 10 Leinster

irony

1    [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
noun, plural i·ro·nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

My mistake I forgot to add the word unintentional.

What was ironic about what I said? Leinster fans whinged about the ref all week. That's what I found ironic because we were told (although no longer told anymore) for so long that the Welsh always blame the ref for losing!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Leinster looking a bit lost at times. "That Fionn Carr has to be involved in the Irish setup" says no one.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Boss, Madigan, Auva'a and Ruddock have played well so far for Leinster but there's been some woeful stuff so far.... censored
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Its not a day for pretty rugby. We just need to be clever here. Use the pack dominance, pin em back and wear em down. Pens and tries will come.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Argh! See! That's what the schitt weather does. The ball was anyones then and no one could get on it. Fussell try not allowed as it was knocked on.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Ref manages to even things up somewhat as he gives a knock on that wasn't.

Ospreys looking good for a try here. Leinster at sixes and sevens.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Gibbo - I'd be happy with an ugly win! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

My link has stopped working for the past 5 mins.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Yup S4C site seems to be down....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Gibson wrote:Its not a day for pretty rugby. We just need to be clever here. Use the pack dominance, pin em back and wear em down. Pens and tries will come.

Here was me thinking Leinster only played the beautiful game. Schmidt out, that kind of Declan Kidney shoite can't be tolerated.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Not missing much at the moment Morgannwg - they're still trying to get a scrum going.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Anyone got any streams, S4C is down
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Duncan has too be careful he always touches the ground before binding

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Happy with how our scrum is going.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Penalty O's - looks like they're opting for the posts rather than the corner. Sensible given the conditions now. It's a big kick though. Awh dips just before the post. Needed more welly behind it.

9-10 after 50 minutes. Duncan Jones in the bin. picard

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

That's better. Now, this is the time to go for the juggler.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

And the Blues concede another kickable penalty.

Out on the touchline and it's in line but well short.

And finally ref does something about infringing. Yellow card for long haired Welsh bloke. Madigan straight in line with posts practically on t he half way. And he misses.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Streams sent to those who struggled with it. Rodders can't you get it on RTE?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Must get a try in this period.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Gibson wrote:That's better. Now, this is the time to go for the juggler.

I thought there was a lot of juggling going on already...
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Thom. What a nice lad he is.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

wales606 wrote:Anyone got any streams, S4C is down

Check your PM.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm

O's getting shafted by the ref i see

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Madigan let down by his knicker elastic then Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Gibson wrote:That's better. Now, this is the time to go for the juggler .

I thought there was a lot of juggling going on already...

Laugh Well spotted Pot. Jugular it is so.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Pot: finally? Have you been seeing much?

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:14 pm

I thought you made that spelling mistake on purpose Gibbo... Very Happy

Come on O's...did well to get a bit space there, but Leinster are not away yet.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Thomond wrote:Streams sent to those who struggled with it. Rodders can't you get it on RTE?

Nah Thom lost RTE with the analog switch off...need a new HD digibox..... current one doesn't get them, I'm a lazy bollix and haven't got it sorted yet.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Poor decision by Madigan. Not helped by his support either.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Cheers for the stream, its very stop start though :/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:16 pm

The ref finally spotted the crooked throwing that's been done by both sides.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next