The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

+30
Rory_Gallagher
GunsGerms
RogerLewis
stevetynant
eirebilly
wales606
Thomond
Gibson
asoreleftshoulder
sheephead
Cari
wolfball
Artful_Dodger
Pot Hale
wayne
Shifty
ME-109
Smirnoffpriest
ScarletSpiderman
LeinsterFan4life
rodders
glamorganalun
Jenifer McLadyboy
pete (buachaill on eirne)
LordDowlais
Golden
Morgannwg
Mickado
thebandwagonsociety
maestegmafia
34 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who will win...???

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Vote_lcap53%Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Vote_lcap47%Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Empty Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

Post by maestegmafia Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

OSPREYS (9) 19
Tries: Walker Cons: Morgan Pens: Morgan (3) Drop-goal: Morgan

LEINSTER (10) 10
Tries: Auva'a Cons: Madigan Pens: Madigan

Eli Walker's spectacular try gave Ospreys a hard-fought Pro12 win over European champions Leinster.
One point separated the sides at the break after three Matthew Morgan penalties followed a converted Leo Auva'a try and an Ian Madigan penalty.
Richard Fussell sliced through the Leinster defence from deep in his own half, timing his pass perfectly for lively wing Walker to score.

Morgan converted and added a drop-goal to deny Leinster a losing bonus point.
Ospreys were often on the back foot against a powerful Leinster pack, but showed tenacity in defence and a touch of flair to capitalise on a rare break.
It gave the Welsh side their sixth win from the last seven meetings with the Irish province and took them above the visitors to fifth place in the table.

Ospreys fly-half Matthew Morgan lands a late penalty to deny Leinster a losing bonus point
They rode their luck at times, and were fortunate to escape as early as the seventh minute when a try slipped through Fionn Carr's fingers when the Leinster winger failed to hold onto the ball while sliding towards the left corner.

But the visitors pounced from the resulting line-out after charging down the attempted clearance kick from Ospreys scrum-half Rhys Webb.

The ball spun towards the posts, evading the grasp of home centre Andrew Bishop, and Leinster number eight Auva'a gathered up with glee to score.
Video referee Nigel Whitehouse gave the try despite the suspicion of a knock-on, and Madigan converted.

Two Morgan penalties cut the deficit as Ospreys began to make inroads, but they needed Walker's intervention to deny Leinster a second try when Andrew Conway chased his own chip kick.
Another let-off soon followed when Madigan pulled a simple kick at goal wide, but Morgan's aim was true as he added a third penalty with the final kick of an even first half.

Webb was the next to save the home side early after the break, clinging on by his fingertips to Madigan's shirt with the try-line in the fly-half's sights.
Leinster were on top at this stage, benefiting from their numerical advantage following a yellow card to home prop Duncan Jones.

But a moment of magic from Fussell ripped open the Leinster defence for Walker's decisive try.

Full-back Fussell received a quickly taken line-out in his own 22 and sliced through the lethargic chasing defenders, finding a clear path into the opposition half.
Walker, the most dangerous player on show with ball in hand, was perfectly placed to receive Fussell's pass as he drew the final Leinster cover.

Morgan converted, putting Ospreys 16-10 ahead, and Jones's return from the sin bin was another boost as the game entered the final 20 minutes.
Leinster continued to enjoy forward dominance, but enterprising back play took Ospreys within drop-goal territory and Morgan made no mistake to take his side two scores clear with five minutes remaining.

TEAM DETAILS

Ospreys: Fussell; H. Dirksen, Isaacs, Bishop, Walker; Morgan, Webb; D. Jones, Dwyer, Rees, Peers, J. Thomas, Stowers, Lewis, Bearman.
Replacements: M. Thomas for Lewis (54), Fotuali'i for Webb (57), King for Peers (59), Lewis for M. Thomas (62), Allen for Bearman (77).
Not Used: Ellis, Suter, Spratt, R. Jones.
Sin Bin: D. Jones (51).
Leinster: D. Kearney; Conway, Macken, Goodman, Carr; Madigan, Boss; Van der Merwe, T. Sexton, Hagan, Browne, Toner, Ruddock, Jennings, L. Auva'a, Marshall.
Replacements: Marshall for Browne (26), Murphy for Marshall (65), Moore for Hagan (68), Tracy for Auva'a (77), J. McGrath for Van der Merwe (77)
Not Used: Cooney, Reid, Coghlan-Murray.
Att: 9,246
Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
Assistant r eferees: Neil Nennessy, Wayne Davies (both WRU)
Citing c ommissioner: Dennis Jones (WRU)
TMO: Nigel Whitehouse (WRU)
Your comments
Also related to this story

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Empty Re: Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

Post by Cari Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:40 pm

Thomond wrote:I think Leinster are in crisis. They have played shoite today.

Laugh ooh Thom, you are a WUM....

Seren Y Gem (MOTM) is Fussell. clap

Cari

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate - Page 6 Empty Re: Ospreys v Leinster RP12 - Post Match debate

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

Enjoy the win Cari pal. OK

I'm quietly fuming at my team here.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

Leinster throw away a chance at a LBP too, surely they should have set up for a DG?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

Four games in a row...!

Leinster haven't win at the liberty in three years...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

Gibson wrote:Enjoy the win Cari pal. OK

Very Happy Sexy Roysh Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

FT 19-10

Well done Ospreys! Proud of you tonight. Not many penalties conceded and a much needed win against the Euro champs Very Happy

Comiserations Leinster. I wasn't expecting that to be honest. Conditions were blydi awful for both teams too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:44 pm

Disappointing game and disappointing result there for Leinster.

Well done Ospreys guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:47 pm

Very disappointed from a Leinster perspective.

We had the building blocks in place but played stupid rugby.
Suppose the young guys will learn from this but that was 4 points that literally slipped through our hands

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:48 pm

Gibson wrote:Enjoy the win Cari pal. OK

Hug guinness

JT "We must be Leinster's bogey team"

Oh yeah!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by stevetynant Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

Is it just me or is Fion Carr just not good enough

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:09 pm

stevetynant wrote:Is it just me or is Fion Carr just not good enough
Oh its definatley not just you.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:13 pm

I quite like the look of Fion Carr to be honest. I think that he has bucket loads of potential.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:17 pm

eirebilly wrote:I quite like the look of Fion Carr to be honest. I think that he has bucket loads of potential.
Please take him to Munster.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I quite like the look of Fion Carr to be honest. I think that he has bucket loads of potential.
Please take him to Munster.

Nah we have Earls Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

Good win for the Ospreys,thought the Leinster try was a knock on and then to disallow a try for the Ospreys when they didn't knock it on was just cruel.

Ref was in love with Leinster, got to say thou we won't see many articles in the press regarding this win, beating the European champions consistently is far to positive for the Welsh media to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

So...

Does this mean that the Ospreys would beat the blues 100-0?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Good win for the Ospreys,thought the Leinster try was a knock on and then to disallow a try for the Ospreys when they didn't knock it on was just cruel.

Ref was in love with Leinster, got to say thou we won't see many articles in the press regarding this win, beating the European champions consistently is far to positive for the Welsh media to talk about.

Might be something to do with the fact that their team was missing a lot of the European champions. Weakened teams beating weakened teams isn't headline stuff.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:04 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Good win for the Ospreys,thought the Leinster try was a knock on and then to disallow a try for the Ospreys when they didn't knock it on was just cruel.

Do you mean Eli Walker's disallowed try in the first half? I'm pretty sure he knocked it on. Seemed to bounce up into his hand and forward from what I saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

Leinster try was a Knock on for sure but it was the Welsh TMO who awarded it.

Thought the ref was terrible but to say he favoured Leinster is laughable. What about the 5m scrum Leinster had? He could of awarded a penalty try after Ospreys pulled it down going back towards their line, instead he resets and then gives Ospreys a free kick..... don't think he'll have to buy many pints in Swansea tonight...
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

I agree gift. I think Kearney came across and tapped it down anyway

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

Shocked the ref favoured Leinster?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

Yeah the ref was bad and I'm neutral Irish and I don't blame the ref but he handed Ospreys the game.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:19 pm

I wouldn't go that far but I would say Leinster won't be keen to see him again any time soon.

He awarded that penalty at the end of the first half against the Leinster hooker for not releasing in the tackle when he made a perfectly legitimate turn over too. He was just poor I thought but he for sure didn't favour Leinster.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:22 pm

Nuts deep in Leinster the ref was i tell you FACT.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:24 pm

Laugh you would say that View! thumbsup guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:24 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

rodders wrote:I wouldn't go that far but I would say Leinster won't be keen to see him again any time soon.

He awarded that penalty at the end of the first half against the Leinster hooker for not releasing in the tackle when he made a perfectly legitimate turn over too. He was just poor I thought but he for sure didn't favour Leinster.

When Duncan jones was carded Leinster failed to pile on any points, in fact they conceded seven with walkers run in.

Refs poor decisions out weighed good ones but he was equally poor both ways.

I've never seen a ref call a penalty for an early shove so late after a scrum, as the one he awarded to the Ospreys. There was also plenty of offsides and blocking all over by both teams.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:30 pm

I concur.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

Thought Boss and Madigan were great in the first half but lost their mojo in the second.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:41 pm

Found the ref pretty biased against Leinster particularly in the first half when Leinster were dominating. You can't really complain about the Jones yellow, in from the side and off his feet to block incoming traffic.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

Pretty terrible game. Leinster butchered at least three certain tries, first by Carr, second with a pick and go from Auva'a when his scrum was pushing over the opposition line, and lastly when Boss opted to go outside to Conway rather than inside to Macken, who had an almost clear run for the try line. They deserved to lose in the end, nowhere near clinical enough.

I'm not sure Leinster's strength in depth is as good as we thought. They are suffering from some rather average performances from certain players.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

You can't blame the ref for the Leinster try as that was the tmo's decision.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:45 pm

Another very good performance from Boss. Much better player than Conor Murray. Really can't understand how Reddan and Boss aren't 1st and 2nd choice for Ireland.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:48 pm

I expected the Ospreys to win by a country mile but to be fair to Leinster, they were probably the better side over the 80mins. Fantastic defence and some real aggression by the Ospreys got them a valuable win.

Lots of complaints on this site about the Ref and ir aws again two areas, the scrum and ruck where chaos reigned. I dont ever recall seeing a game where the consitently dominant scrum (Leinster) were constantly penalised. Perhaps the ref was worried that Humphreys would complain if he penalised the Ospreys scrum. The breakdown was again a shambles with players coming in from the isde playing the ball with their hands and lying over the ball.

The two Leinster wings butchered gilt edged scoring chances but Walker took his really well, he is begining to look a very good player.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:49 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Another very good performance from Boss. Much better player than Conor Murray. Really can't understand how Reddan and Boss aren't 1st and 2nd choice for Ireland.

Marshall is the best nine in Ireland in my opinion.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:54 pm

Marshall is up there too definitely. He is also a better player than Murray but continues to be overlooked. Very odd really.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

I expected the Ospreys to win by a country mile but to be fair to Leinster, they were probably the better side over the 80mins. Fantastic defence and some real aggression by the Ospreys got them a valuable win.

Lots of complaints on this site about the Ref and ir aws again two areas, the scrum and ruck where chaos reigned. I dont ever recall seeing a game where the consitently dominant scrum (Leinster) were constantly penalised. Perhaps the ref was worried that Humphreys would complain if he penalised the Ospreys scrum. The breakdown was again a shambles with players coming in from the isde playing the ball with their hands and lying over the ball.

The two Leinster wings butchered gilt edged scoring chances but Walker took his really well, he is begining to look a very good player.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:01 pm

I don't think there's much between the 3 or 4 Irish scrum halves. They have different skill sets. I'd argue that Marshall has been in the most consistent form and offers something different with his pace but don't think he fits Kidney's game plan or is the big physical type of scrum half he likes.

He may overtake Reddan at some stage, as he's younger, and I don't think Kidney is a big fan of Reddan either, nor Boss.

Lets face it though, as long as Kidney is around Murray will be the Ireland scrum half!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

Boss was good.
I wonder how the DYNASTY BOD predicted is going Laugh Leinster seriously struggle when they are met up front and the half backs are targeted.
No plan B.
Thank god Sexton didn't play thou, i seriously wasn't in the mood for him doing that stupid loop pass ALL the time!
He does it that much you can see it coming a mile off.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

rodders wrote:I don't think there's much between the 3 or 4 Irish scrum halves. They have different skill sets. I'd argue that Marshall has been in the most consistent form and offers something different with his pace but don't think he fits Kidney's game plan or is the big physical type of scrum half he likes.

He may overtake Reddan at some stage, as he's younger, and I don't think Kidney is a big fan of Reddan either, nor Boss.

Lets face it though, as long as Kidney is around Murray will be the Ireland scrum half!

Kidneys game plan is the key really.

In many ways...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

Kidney doesn't have a game plan.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

Very silly yellow by Duncan, can't believe the Ospreys didn't concede when he was off - very good of them, though I only caught bits of the game.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Kidney doesn't have a game plan.

I'm sure he does. It's just not working so well. Ireland can be a great side some games, awful another.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Boss was good.
I wonder how the DYNASTY BOD predicted is going Laugh Leinster seriously struggle when they are met up front and the half backs are targeted.
No plan B.
Thank god Sexton didn't play thou, i seriously wasn't in the mood for him doing that stupid loop pass ALL the time!

View even though I rarely agree with you the problem with Ireland be it Munster in the past of Leinster now and this translates to the national team is that when the back five particularly are tied up then we have problems. The two welsh teams who have got that (national team and Ospreys) have success against us because they take a simple approach to shutting down the backrow particularly at source.

The problem is we only have a few what you would call world class players and most of those are either at an end or coming to an end. The Leinster brigade think that their success translates to the national squad but the Welsh, French and now the English are showing there is a big jump which is not being crossed. Kidney does have a game plan BOD knows it and he also knows that the players seem to be too surprised that the same things they are doing in the HC or Pro12 are not working because the opposition are so much better....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:15 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Kidney doesn't have a game plan.

I'm sure he does. It's just not working so well. Ireland can be a great side some games, awful another.

That's the problem,his gameplan is not working and he doesn't seem to know how to change it to suit different teams or conditions.For example he came up with the perfect gameplan to beat the Ozzies in the WC as he had 2 years notice but as soon as we met Wales in the quarters and he was faced with a new challenge with little time to prepare he was found wanting.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

DOD, can you please explain what Kidneys game plan is?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:40 pm

No plan B.
I dont understand this post at all. Can someone translate this for me please?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
No plan B.

Sorry mate I can't help there...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:48 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
No plan B.

Damn. it looks like something AWOP would post, when he pretended he couldn't speak english

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:00 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
No plan B.

Damn. it looks like something AWOP would post, when he pretended he couldn't speak english
Seems to be a contagious condition...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next