The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

+18
CFCNick
Daniel Reilly
SirJohnnyEnglish
hodge
two_tone
James_182
Fernando
jeromedubois
Mat
cherriesfna
TopoftheChops
TRUSSMAN66
mystiroakey
Gregers
GSC
Marky
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
22 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread Empty The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

A place to discuss all things Brighton and Hove Albion
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

Letting Glenn Murray go to your rivals was a great idea...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

Olly wrote:Letting Glenn Murray go to your rivals was a great idea...

First things first very nice of you to do a page olly buddy OK

Yep Murray was a major major part in our promotion from league one, if we diddnt have it we would be playing at a half full amex against the likes of Crawley, Shrewsbury, Yeovil without question. He is a fantastic striker and he would be the missing link in our current side atm. The reason he left is his contract was coming to an end and Gus Poyet made it clear every player has a wage at he club can afford an they wont break the bank to keep or get a player. A lot of champion ship sides were offering a better wage Palace seemed to offer the one that suited Murray the most. From what i hear from a good source, Murray was happy to stay at Brighton but his agent is a major part to blaim in getting his fee.

As for the season ahead. The Leeds game as shown on sky we played some cracking football. The game summed up our season. Dominate every match, don't put the ball in the back of the net and it comes back to haunt us. However as shown there is enough sings to show we can get a top half season which will please me considering the sides were up against in this league like your Leicester, Bolton, Blackburn, Nottingham Forrest, Wolves etc

For the game Friday night. Leeds are a dirty team, and it is very clear why everyone watching must of been cheering on Brighton and despising Leeds at the same time.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm

You miss that real cutting edge. Losing Noone was a big loss for you in my opinion. He is a real top notch player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:15 pm

Yeah he is a great player. But we were lucky to keep hold of him in January last season. Cardiff were always going to get him. He wanted to join the premiership but instead got the next best thing a side that is all guns blazing to get promoted from what i have seen Cardiff will go up IMO

We are missing that cutting edge. Fancy giving us Morrison or Jackson?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm

You can have Chris Martin Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:48 pm

TBF he diddnt do a bad job at Palace last season. We were linked with him during the summer. But he isn't the type of player were after. Morrison and Jackson are quite strong.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:55 pm

Chris Martin is absolutely awful Nick trust me. He is hardly League 1 standard lol

You need to take a guy on loan from a top club like a Macheda
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:48 pm

We should of got Chris Wood back did a great job for us on loan from West Brom in league one.

He is strong and he is scoring for fun at Millwall

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Nov 2012, 9:52 pm

Scrape past Peterborough at home. My god why can you guys not score?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 06 Nov 2012, 11:15 pm

SEEEEEAGULLLS!

Another fantastic performance where we dominate but cant score.

Stephen Dobbie took his goal very well and sent the as always loud amex crowd into raptures. Great to see Will Hoskins back after a long term injury and home sickness appears to be behind him. If he can stay happy and fit he might be the missing link.

Still up to 8th but the table is so tight. A wins and a win and the bad run is over for now. Very tough game on Saturday away at Wolves.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:52 pm

Ben Dickenson loaned out for a month to Chesterfield

Good luck to him, looks a good prospect if he gets a lot of goals hopefully he can come back and become an Albion legend Whistle

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:00 pm

Bookmarked so that when Brighton lose I can come here and laugh.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 09 Nov 2012, 5:06 pm

Marky wrote:Bookmarked so that when Brighton lose I can come here and laugh.

A Crawley fan who can find somthing to laugh about at Brighton Shocked

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:32 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Marky wrote:Bookmarked so that when Brighton lose I can come here and laugh.

A Crawley fan who can find somthing to laugh about at Brighton Shocked

I find plenty to laugh at. Like you claiming all the sides in Round 2 of the FA Cup want their 3rd round tie at the Amex Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Brighton will make the play offs this season. The Freek has spoken. As you were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:05 pm

FreekShow wrote:Brighton will make the play offs this season. The Freek has spoken. As you were.

Freek is never wrong. He predicted Norwich to beat Arsenal. I bow to his superiority notworthy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm

I tipped you stay up too Olly when everybody was writing you off. My kiss-of-death days are over. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

FreekShow wrote:I tipped you stay up too Olly when everybody was writing you off. My kiss-of-death days are over. Laugh

Don't speak too soon Freek Laugh

Do your Predictions for tomorrow on your Prem thread, I wanna see what you say for the Nodge match. I think we'll lose
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 10 Nov 2012, 5:55 pm

Not a bad point away at Wolves for you today!

But as soon as you start scoring goals your defence lets you down!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

Oh wow didnt realise they had 10 men for a half and you went 3-2 up with added time left picard

You gotta be winning that match
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:39 am

I was so drunk through out so cant recall to much on the match apart from Liam Bridcutt putting in another worldy performence and Wayne Bridge going of injured and getting thrown out for jumping over one board to many when Dobbie scored.

Yep a very good game but as Poyet said we don't do that. Wolves are a good side and we did well to compete with them giving the size of the clubs. Our defending was very poor all 3 goals came when Wayne Bridge was off and Adam El-Abd wasn't playing so its a bit deflated.

If you had offered me a 3-3 draw before kick off i would 100% taken it. But the manner of what happened e.g. the sending off and conceding with seconds to go it does feel so harsh not to get the win. Still 3 points of play offs, in 8th place. Only 4 defeats this season. Ill take it. Tough game next week at Huddersfield.

We may off found our pen taker. Stephen Dobbie!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:44 pm

Who u got this weekend?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:54 pm

Somebody about to be 3 points better off
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:03 pm

Huddersfield town away.

They are doing very well under Simon Grayson. We have lost the last 2 times we went there so will be a tough game. Ill take a point.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m74s8cwstU&feature=related
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:46 pm

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than troll on the Brighton thread?

Obviously not. Go back to sulking that Forrest are under performing ... As Usual

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:59 pm

#jealousofthepalace #lookingupatthepalace
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

Palace will soon fold. Play nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:11 pm

As opposed to crying about Zaha at every opportunity
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:07 pm

GSC wrote:As opposed to crying about Zaha at every opportunity

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than troll on the Brighton thread?

I guess not. Rolling Eyes

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

Yep my 3 whole posts (now 4) make up such a high proportion of my post counts and time in general.

Stop having a cry, if you can't handle a comeback then don't talk crap at every opportunity when they went on a run
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 17 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

SEEEEAGULLLLS

Fantastic win today. Giving the squad we put out, Losing both keepers in the warm up diddnt help! I diddnt give us a hope in hell of even getting a draw today. But thank heavens for Will Buckley (again showing why he is better than Zaha Whistle ) Huddersfield are on a good run and are a tough side to play and will be right up there come May. The players clearly learnt from last week's disaster and put it to bed and dug deep and got the 3 points.

6th place happy days. Lets catch the scum!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:31 am

Going to Brighton v Bolton this Saturday with corporate tickets, Crewe v Crawley is too far away based on my plans Saturday morning/lunchtime, so i'll have the consolation of what should be a good game. Last time we went, the seats were overlooking the goalline at the home end, I believe they're the same seats as it's through my mate's company again.

Nick, what should I expect? Friendly hello's to Dougie Freedman? 90 minutes of hoofball from Poyet's boys? Will "I'm better than Zaha" Buckley getting booked for diving or something?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:44 am

Marky wrote:Going to Brighton v Bolton this Saturday with corporate tickets, Crewe v Crawley is too far away based on my plans Saturday morning/lunchtime, so i'll have the consolation of what should be a good game. Last time we went, the seats were overlooking the goalline at the home end, I believe they're the same seats as it's through my mate's company again.

Nick, what should I expect? Friendly hello's to Dougie Freedman? 90 minutes of hoofball from Poyet's boys? Will "I'm better than Zaha" Buckley getting booked for diving or something?

Those seats were great seats, I miss them Sad

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:11 pm

Marky wrote:Going to Brighton v Bolton this Saturday with corporate tickets, Crewe v Crawley is too far away based on my plans Saturday morning/lunchtime, so i'll have the consolation of what should be a good game. Last time we went, the seats were overlooking the goalline at the home end, I believe they're the same seats as it's through my mate's company again.

Fair enough mate. Should be a good game, expect a lot of abuse towards Dougie. You should never see the ball getting hoofed or you will see a mad Uruguayan emerging from the dougout. Will Buckley should have a good day touch wood.

Have a good day mate, and enjoy the AMEX experince.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:37 pm

Brighton battered Bolton, yet threw it away. Well, I think they did, we left well before the equaliser Laugh

Steak and Ale Pie was awesome, and it wanted to be for £3.90 Shocked

Brighton should do well this season, they were unlucky to hit the woodwork three times and miss a penalty before eventually scoring, but then backed off too much at 1-0. I didn't expect Bolton to equalise but that's always the danger at 1-0.

Crawley lost, no win in 6, Barker out Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:47 pm

O LOOK WHAT I SURPRISE, WE DOMINATE THE WHOLE GAME AND DON'T WIN! WHEN AND THIS HAPPEND BEFORE? O I KNOW EVERY BLUDDY GAME!!!

Ashley Barnes deserves to be shot. He single handily cost us the game today. How he starts ahead of Dobbie and Hoskins is beyond me. Poyet really does need to stop being so ignorant and drop his golden boy bum chum love child.

Shout out to Bruno. What a goal, 100% the best right back in this league. Liam Bridcutt also had another as usuall fantastic game. No wonder why a lot of Premership sides including Liverpool are interested in him. Dean Hammond played the ball around very well.

Always Tues night against Bristol City The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread 3559488474

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:34 am

Just seen the highlights on MOTD, and I understand your frustration with Ashley Barnes. The penalty miss is ok, sometimes the GK makes a good save but how on earth did he miss the rebound? Staggering
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 25 Nov 2012, 8:26 am

Olly, pen was saved, rebound was brilliantly saved, second rebound was deflected wide for a corner.

Brighton hitting the bar twice and the post once probably summed it up.

Funny how Nick says Crawley fans are idiots for criticising Richie Barker but he criticises Gus Poyet despite him making Brighton an established Championship side pushing for the playoffs...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

He should have scored that rebound though Marky. It was a great save by Bogdan, but he has the whole of the goal to hit from like 3 yards out and he hits the GK!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 25 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

Grant Holt V2 wrote:He should have scored that rebound though Marky. It was a great save by Bogdan, but he has the whole of the goal to hit from like 3 yards out and he hits the GK!

Exactly. This is why i hate Ashley Barnes! He just isn't a Championship player. League one player IMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:56 am

Bizarre. Blaming one player is crazy, my personal opinion is the manager went too defensive at 1-0, up until then they battered Bolton and should have pushed on for 2 or 3, instead they backed off and paid the penalty.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:03 am

Yeah it's not purely Barnes's fault you lost. But it was a contributing factor
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 26 Nov 2012, 4:22 pm

Interesting article today. Gus Poyet will now be choosing the pen taker. After our disaster at penalty's when we won the League one title a few years ago, he let the players choose he is now removing that and choosing himself. Also confirmed Barnes is banned from taking them. David Lopez will take them (if he is ever on the pitch!) or Stephen Dobbie.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

Well work this one out. We win 2-0 but its our worst performance at the AMEX all season!!

Dont get me wrong, it was a very strong solid professional performance. But we were lazy at times tonight and gave the ball away far too much.

Bottom line. Barnes is an un-used sub and we win. Bring on the scum!!!! Yahoo

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

You were playing Bristol City. They are utter crap...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:09 am

Nick, playing badly and winning is brilliant. It's better than playing well and not winning by a mile.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

Olly - They beat Middelsbrough 3-1 on Saturday. Albert Adomah is class but they just need a finisher and a goalkeeper who can catch Laugh

Marky - True, that really does show that you are a decent side IMO

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:19 pm

haha we gonna crush ya today!!

up the EAGLESSS

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next