The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

+18
CFCNick
Daniel Reilly
SirJohnnyEnglish
hodge
two_tone
James_182
Fernando
jeromedubois
Mat
cherriesfna
TopoftheChops
TRUSSMAN66
mystiroakey
Gregers
GSC
Marky
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
22 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 3 Empty The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

A place to discuss all things Brighton and Hove Albion
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

Will Buckley signs a new 4 year deal Yahoo

Have some of that Southampton, Norwich and Villa kiss

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:11 pm

But we weren't after Buckley? Shocked

We already took your best winger.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:21 pm

Reports all round the country saying you were. You were planning a 5.5 Million bid for him.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

I found on tweet on twitter from an account with like 500 followers. The tweet was done yesterday which shows how in the know they are.

Why would we want to spend £5.5 million on a winger who is worse than the 3 we already have?

We've never spent £5.5 million on a player why would we spend that on a backup Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:33 pm

The City of Norwich isnt worth 5.5m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 04 Jan 2013, 8:10 pm

GSC wrote:The City of Norwich isnt worth 5.5m

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 05 Jan 2013, 9:17 am

Fun fact:

If Newcastle beat Brighton in the lunchtime kickoff, it means the remaining Sussex sides, both Crawley Town and H*stings United, will have lasted longer in this season's FA Cup than Brighton and Hove Albion. How humiliating would that be!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

Well done to Brighton for a good first half..

Championship showing the low level prem teams they arnt much better. I predict a brighton and palace win today

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

Newcastle have got there reserves out pretty much. And it shows. They lack quality, spirit, general ability to play football.

I would be very surprised if Brighton lost this now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:44 pm

yeah tbh they dont seem to give a monkies- i would have assumed these reserves would have cared abit more tbh. They look abit nonchalant when you would think they would fight for a place... Gawd knows Newcastles first team needs a boost from somewhere

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:50 pm

has the ref gone mental.. whats he sent amoebi for

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

SEEEEAGULLLLLS!!!

Despite Newcastle playing there C team the performance none the less was spot on. We completely outplayed Newcastle from start to finish. Casper Ankergran even kept a clean sheet!!!!

Wayne Bridge, Liam Bridcutt, Dean Hammond, David Lopez and Gary Dicker also deserve a mention. They all played superb and all could argue a case for MOTM. Lets not forget the goalscorers Will Hoskins and Andrea Orlandi who took there chances very well.

Who to get in round 4 is the question. Personally i would like a nice easy game at home.

Bring on Derby next Saturday!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 05 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

You'll get Luton away and realise the difference between what you deem as a dump (Crawley) and a real dump.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

Vicente ( notworthy ) has returned to training for the first time since Augest. I said at the start of the season if we can keep him fit for at least 10 games for the full 90 i recon that will be a huge huge part in our season. Anything else will be a huge bonus.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

SEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLLS!!!!

Fantastic afternoon at the AMEX, the great atmosphere is back, Vicente is back and in general Brighton are back to playing good football!

Derby weren't a bad side, however i was expecting a lot better from highly rated player Will Hughes, still he looks A LOT better than Wilfred Zaha. Nigel Clough is doing a good job there on a lower budget than most in the division so full credit to them and they battled to the final whistle.

Liam Bridcutt had another fantastic display in the middle. Ashley Barnes confidence seems to back and Andrea Orlandi took his header very well thanks to a world class cross from Inigo Calderon. In the 2nd half Orlandi though did perhaps get a contender for miss of the century.

Good win though,3 points in the big now onto next week with a tough trip to the midlands. Which means one thing drinking from 8am The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 3 3559488474

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:01 pm

Leonardo Ulloa has arrived from Spanish La Liga side Almeria. Poyet claims he is the target man we are looking for, the lad did score 29 goals in Spanish divison 2 last season. Be interesting to see how he does in the Championship.

Ideally i would of liked to have signed a player who has a record in the Championship e.g. Jason Roberts, Steve Morrison but as Poyet said we cant afford there wages so its cheaper to get foreign players in.

All the best to the lad, he might link up well and get the best out of CMS, if we don't go and sell him Laugh

Cant see us signing anymore players. But maybe its the end for Will Hoskins or Stephen Dobbie.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:28 pm

Steve Morison would only be on around 15-20k a week tops. Don't tell me you can't afford that with the likes of Vicente on your books...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:33 pm

Vicente isn't on that much money Olly... And he's better than most of your squad too!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:36 pm

Gregers wrote:Vicente isn't on that much money Olly... And he's better than most of your squad too!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

A former Spanish international, won multiple La Liga's, he'll be on less than 20k a week I'm sure...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

Man I was surprised that was a Gregers comment. Usually the homeristic bs comes from Nick.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

He isn't our top earner that's all I know.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 16 Jan 2013, 11:32 pm

Last season in the 2nd half of the season when Vicente was fully fit, he could easily of done a good job for most Premiership sides. Apart from a few. Quotes from some managers "He is the best player i have ever seen in the 2nd tear of English football"

Vicente isn't our top earner. Our top earner is on around 12-15k we cant afford to go over the top with wages, unlike a lot of clubs e.g. Bolton, Leicester, Forest, Cardiff etc.

Cant understand why people who know nothing about Brighton, comment on here though?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Jan 2013, 11:53 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Last season in the 2nd half of the season when Vicente was fully fit, he could easily of done a good job for most Premiership sides. Apart from a few. Quotes from some managers "He is the best player i have ever seen in the 2nd tear of English football"

Vicente isn't our top earner. Our top earner is on around 12-15k we cant afford to go over the top with wages, unlike a lot of clubs e.g. Bolton, Leicester, Forest, Cardiff etc.

Cant understand why people who know nothing about Brighton, comment on here though?

Sorry didn't realise everybody had to talk about there club and there club only OK

Don't go giving me this crap about can't afford to pay over the top wages. You paid £3 million for CMS, you have Vicente a former Spanish international, and La Liga winner on your books, where did you lose the £8 million this year then? You sell out every week, so you must be getting a fair whack from revenue
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:27 pm

I didn't mean it in that way, i meant you shouldn't say stuff about other clubs when you don't know 100% that its true. No offence intended mate OK

Also im not giving you "crap" about paying over the top of wages. We have recently brought a stadium worth just over 100 million. So we don't have the money to splash the cash and spend spend spend spend to get promoted, there is no point. We have the 14th best budget (Confirmed by Albion legend Paul Watson, who i spoke to in a bar the night after Charlton away, who now works within the club) I am just speaking the truth.

A quote from Sir Gus Poyet "A defender for Ipswich gets paid more than every single defender contracted to Brighton football club" After laughing about Ipswich banner about us having loads of money Laugh

We have a good enough squad to go up, but i really cant see it personally.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:51 pm

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Fair to say there will have to be a marked improvement overnight for #bhafc game to survive!

You're screwed Nick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I didn't mean it in that way, i meant you shouldn't say stuff about other clubs when you don't know 100% that its true. No offence intended mate OK

Also im not giving you "crap" about paying over the top of wages. We have recently brought a stadium worth just over 100 million. So we don't have the money to splash the cash and spend spend spend spend to get promoted, there is no point. We have the 14th best budget (Confirmed by Albion legend Paul Watson, who i spoke to in a bar the night after Charlton away, who now works within the club) I am just speaking the truth.

A quote from Sir Gus Poyet "A defender for Ipswich gets paid more than every single defender contracted to Brighton football club" After laughing about Ipswich banner about us having loads of money Laugh

We have a good enough squad to go up, but i really cant see it personally.

Did your owner not pay for this stadium? He's not exactly lacking the cash, worth over £50 million, more than Delia is worth by a fair whack...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:57 pm

How does a guy worth about 50m buy a stadium costing about 100m?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:04 pm

He put in "massive, unsecured, interest-free loans."

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18494609

Quotes from that article: "Bloom told BBC Sussex: "There are funds to strengthen and I think we will be pretty competitive again."

"The budget is going to be similar, maybe slightly higher. I think we'll improve again and hopefully we'll be fighting for a top-six spot."

He added: "The teams coming down from the Premier League have got an advantage, because of their parachute payments.

"But outside of those clubs and one or two others, we'll be extremely competitive."

Don't give me this rubbish you don't have money to pay good sized wages!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:24 pm

Olly wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18494609

Quotes from that article: "Bloom told BBC Sussex: "There are funds to strengthen and I think we will be pretty competitive again."

"The budget is going to be similar, maybe slightly higher. I think we'll improve again and hopefully we'll be fighting for a top-six spot."

He added: "The teams coming down from the Premier League have got an advantage, because of their parachute payments.

"But outside of those clubs and one or two others, we'll be extremely competitive."

Yes we have a budget that can play offs. But its not as high as other clubs, and why do you care so much anyway?? Its the 14th best in the league as i have been told by Paul Watson who works with Gus at the club.

Also as a Norwich fan dont tell me you follow Andy Naylor on twitter?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:24 pm

But but Brighton dont have budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:28 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Olly wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18494609

Yes we have a budget that can play offs. But its not as high as other clubs, and why do you care so much anyway?? Its the 14th best in the league as i have been told by Paul Watson who works with Gus at the club.

Also as a Norwich fan dont tell me you follow Andy Naylor on twitter?

I follow quite a few reporters from most clubs in the tiers. Him because we are linked with CMS and Bridcutt OK

Why do I care so much? Because it annoys me how you go on about the budget as an excuse and how you can't pay the wages when you quite clearly can. You have a Chairman who has a fair whack, you get revenue from a state of the art 26,000 seater stadium that you fill out all the time. You clearly have a decent sized budget and can pay wages quite highly (you pay freaking Vicente!)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:31 pm

Yes we have a good sized budget. But for the last bluddy time its 14th in the league, its what i have been told, its good enough for play offs as we have an amazing manager. Its true, end off. Im happy where we are in the league, were doing fine. Playing good football, winning some games (may of should of won more) Were a good football club on the up. Its a joy to have a season ticket and support my club.

End of story.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:48 pm

Is there some kind of table comparing budgets I can see to verify this claim
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:22 pm

I shouldn't tell you all this as its top secret, but apparently Brighton have the 14th best budget in the league.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

Marky wrote:I shouldn't tell you all this as its top secret, but apparently Brighton have the 14th best budget in the league.
[citation needed]
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 18 Jan 2013, 6:26 pm

What defender for Ipswich earns more than the brighton defence then? Poyet is clueless.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:What defender for Ipswich earns more than the brighton defence then? Poyet is clueless.

A clueless man who is working wonders.

Ipswich 0-3 Brighton laughing

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

Brighton 1-1 Ipswich picard
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:34 pm

Olly wrote:Brighton 1-1 Ipswich picard

But you hate Ipswich Shocked

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:35 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Olly wrote:Brighton 1-1 Ipswich picard

But you hate Ipswich Shocked

I'm just pointing out the facts...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:36 pm

Sometimes i think you hate Brighton more than anyone and i have no idea why Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

The reason is you Nick, Olly has a crush.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm

Marky wrote:The reason is you Nick, Olly has a crush.

You should be honoured. Olly usually reserves this level of affection for family members
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

GSC wrote:
Marky wrote:The reason is you Nick, Olly has a crush.

You should be honoured. Olly usually reserves this level of affection for family members

Laugh clap

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:33 am

Well Well Well

Safe to say i was a write off yesterday, having 8 Budweiser before mid day was never going to end well!

First things first, the Birmingham support is by far the worst i have seen the division. No one there, they didn't one song all game even when they scored in the 90th minute and some of there fans even threw snowballs at there own fans at the end (not in a friendly banter way)

The 1st half we started off beyond poor. The defending for there corner was beyond belief and leaving Stephen Caldwell unmarked is more than likely going to result in a goal. That goal sparked us into life though and we started to dominate, Barnes took his goal very well and what a strike from Spanish Dave.

The 2nd half was just same old Brighton, dominate and should of easily put the game to bed. 90th minute a cross goes in and a header goes in. A mistake from Kuszczak but im not going to blaim him. He is a top keeper and we are lucky to have him. A mistake yes but im sure he will bounce back.

Still unbeaten in 2013 though! 8th in the league, big game at Blackburn on Tuesday night.

SEEEEAGULLLLLLLLSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

your doing allright i suppose...

Palace have taken a down turn in form since all this zaha rubbish!

Offcourse we are still going up and we may never play a league game against you lot again..So enjoy being in our company whilst you can

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

mystiroakey wrote:your doing allright i suppose...

Palace have taken a down turn in form since all this zaha rubbish!

Of course we are still going up and we may never play a league game against you lot again..So enjoy being in our company whilst you can

Yeah, we have a squad capable of getting the play offs, but im not going to get in a strop if we don't, i love the Championship it is a very good league and im more than happy to stay here.

Palace have taken a turn for the worse, but im sure they will be fine. Personally i would cash in on Zaha ASAP getting 12 million out of a player who i think and i know a LOT of people think is very over rated. Could easily buy you promotion.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:05 pm

as you didnt take the bait.. And are talking sensibly - your right the championship is a top league.. I am just happy we are competitive after all the troubles we have had.. It will be nice to get in the prem- But i am no very confident any more

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:57 pm

Fantastic news long term for the football club today and again another sign that the club is growing as a whole

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-complete-training-ground-deal-611447.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next