The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

+18
CFCNick
Daniel Reilly
SirJohnnyEnglish
hodge
two_tone
James_182
Fernando
jeromedubois
Mat
cherriesfna
TopoftheChops
TRUSSMAN66
mystiroakey
Gregers
GSC
Marky
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
22 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 4 Empty The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

A place to discuss all things Brighton and Hove Albion
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 pm

But how can you be building a new training ground if you have no money? angel
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by GSC Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Clearly they're building the 14th biggest training ground in the Championship.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 pm

What u thinks gonna happen in the court case with the Brighton and now 1 current afcb player
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:12 pm

No idea Cherries.

This has mucked up Lewis Dunk career though before this madness happened,he had Arsenal and Tottenham really keen on him. Anton Rodgers is a decent player in the development squad son of Brendan, i hope to see him put on the blue and white shirt in a season or 2. Steve Cook for you lot, must be the main one because i don't know why we sold him to you lot otherwise, because he looked a decent prospect.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Well that sounds like a classic Brighton game but done the other way round Laugh

Instead of dominating the whole game and not taking our chances and then for the opposition to grab a stupid goal at the death, we were the ones who got dominated and at the end grabbed a goal after Blackburn missed a lot of chances.

A very good point against a side that we know have been all over the place recently but none the less they have a new manager who is desprete for a first league and it is bound to come in his opening few games.

Bring on the Arsenal!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Also another goal for Spanish Dave, he is a goal machine and a bluddy good penalty taker!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Just searching through the BHAFC hashtag as we have been linked with Bridcutt again (I would be happy with him tbf) and found this:

Brighton Fanbase ‏@BrightonFanbase
Our record when Vicente has played (all compitions, not just started, but featured) Won 4 Drawn 9 Lost 9. Is he that influential? #BHAFC

Quality
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah i saw that Olly, but bare in mind our squad wasn't very good last season. He hasnt only played twice this season, 8 minutes against Birming (2-2 and started against Blackburn last night.

Bridcutt is indeed linked with you again. 3 Million i think is a little too low. If you were to throw Bennet in, that may change things. What i cant understand is, Bridcutt yes is easily the best Defensive center mid in the league, but you already have Tetty in that role who always looks the real deal when i see him play.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

We have Tettey and Johnson, but from what I seen of Bridcutt he looks a handy player and I reckon he could be better than Johnson (yes I am actually saying this about a Brighton player!)

How's Crofts doing?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Crofts has been frustrating. He has done average. There's only 1 game where he has been given MOTM this season and that was Forest at home where he ran the show. But apart from that he has as i say done average. Our usuall midfield 3 is Bridcutt, Hammond and Orlandi. With Crofts as backup on the bench but recently he has struggled to even make the bench with Dicker stepping up. Still he is a good player to have in the squad if a midfielder was to get injured. But i must admit i was expecting to see a lot more from him. Also we have the young Forster Caskey back from Oxford, so that is even more competition for Crofts.

Bridcutt is really under rated. For his size, he still manages to out jump the likes of Zigic in the air. But his determination is just out standing, his attitude is the best i have ever seen supporting Brighton for many years. I am huge fan of him, he was our player of the season last year and so far this season him and Wayne Bridge have been the stand outs this season. He is only 23, but im worried when he goes to Norwich people will expect huge things from him. When we signed him at the start of our league one winning season, he was warming the bench for the first half of the season then got his chance and took it and became a key player for the Albion.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 pm

So I see letting Crofts leave was justified then...

Bridcutt looks a tidy player from what I have seen (limited obviously), I think he could do a very good job for us. I wouldn't mind him signing for us at all. About time we took Brighton's best player again Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Olly wrote:So I see letting Crofts leave was justified then...

Bridcutt looks a tidy player from what I have seen (limited obviously), I think he could do a very good job for us. I wouldn't mind him signing for us at all. About time we took Brighton's best player again Wink

You never took Glenn Murray of us! But i must admit i wouldn't mind seeing him join a good football club in the prem like Norwich under a great manager who like to get the ball down and play. But i would like it to happen at the end of the season, or if the offer was to rise to 5 million which i doubt Norwich would want to spend, given that they appear to be wanting to spend a fair deal on Hooper or Graham.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Cracking performance by the lads today. They did the football club so proud today, matched Arsenal in class for 90 minutes and were so close to a deserved replay but a howler from 3rd choice keeper Casper Ankergran means the 4th round is our exit this year.

Liam Bridcutt ran the show. We need the transfer window to shut now, such a good player. Dean Hammond and Adam El-Abd also put in a solid performance. Shame to lose Greer and Buckley in the first half through injury, hope they come back soon or we might need to sign a new center back in the absence of Greer, as Dunk is still in court Laugh

The new signing played very well. We finally have a striker who looks good in the air and can hold the ball up Yahoo A debut goal will do his confidence well, im excited about this signing, he looks the real deal he could be the replacement we have needed since losing Murray.

So many positives for today now we move on to a big game away at Sheffield Wednesday who always provide a tough test.

SEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm

ermm at this rate you could get in them play offs..

we could get palace v brighton play off final!!

i would love that sooooo much- we could get your hopes up- then leave you for dust Very Happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Don't say Brighton vs Palace in the play offs. I would not be able to handle it mate!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 pm

it would be good though!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Hopefully it happens so we can see Nick crying on Sky when Glenn Murray scores the winning penalty in the 93rd minute for Palace Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm

thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOzvA9AeZPE

remmeber this

possibly the worst penaly desicions ive ever seen

prettyy sure it was elphick who "gave it away" aswell
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 am

cherriesfna wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOzvA9AeZPE

remmeber this

Yeah i was there mate. Elphick and Fletcher went up for a header about 4 yards outside of the penalty area maybe even more. It looked more like Fletcher handballd it however a free kick was given by the ref for Bourenmouth. The linesman who was miles away then waves his flag and gives a pen. We were laughing because the decison was that crazy. As seen on the replay it was a joke. But thats the problem when you get league one games on the TV the officals try to make the game about them another example is Crawley 0-3 Portsmouth on the TV earlier this season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOzvA9AeZPE

remmeber this

Yeah i was there mate. Elphick and Fletcher went up for a header about 4 yards outside of the penalty area maybe even more. It looked more like Fletcher handballd it however a free kick was given by the ref for Bourenmouth. The linesman who was miles away then waves his flag and gives a pen. We were laughing because the decison was that crazy. As seen on the replay it was a joke. But thats the problem when you get league one games on the TV the officals try to make the game about them another example is Crawley 0-3 Portsmouth on the TV earlier this season.

i was wathcing it on TV, i was shocked tbh, it was an interesting end to a dire game, Lua Lua did score a great goal if i remmebr correctly.
Even though it hate to admit we had no business getting anything that day, and i hate evn more to admit during the cralwey vs pompey game Crawley got screwed severly over
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

also interesting fact, bournemouth havent won while being televised since the 2002/2003 play-off final,

that includes losses to accrington and byth spartans, who when we played them respectivly were both confernce north
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Interesting in that Bournemouth actually make it onto tv.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm

also interesting fact last time bournemouth played forest we won 2-0
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Were you even born then?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 pm

it was 2008 Rolling Eyes

it was the 1 time i sat in a box at dean court
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Good effort by your mother to go to a game pregnant.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 pm

im 17!!!!!!!

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Months?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm

ARGH, WOULD A 4 YEAR OLD BE A SEAON TICKET HOLDER AT BOURNEMOUTH AND BE DOING a LEVELS?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 pm

I assume Bournemouth try to lock their fans in early before they learn about football
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm

right now AFCB would batter forest
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Hypothetical, can't know since Bournemouth are in a lower division
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 pm

GSC wrote:Hypothetical, can't know since Bournemouth are in a lower division

w'ell find out next season
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Figures quoted on the van Dijk deal are speculative but looks as if around £2.5 million could make it happen. #bhafc

BUT BRIGHTON HAVE NO MONEY HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING!!!! OMFG!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:36 pm

cherriesfna wrote:

We aren't being relegated so how?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:41 pm

GSC wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:

We aren't being relegated so how?

AFCB going up, we are on a roll, we are going up up up
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm

cherriesfna wrote:im 17!!!!!!!

GSC wrote:Months?

cherriesfna wrote:ARGH, WOULD A 4 YEAR OLD BE A SEAON TICKET HOLDER AT BOURNEMOUTH AND BE DOING a LEVELS?

12 months in a year... I hope you're not doing A Level Maths!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:10 pm

This argument has put me into tears of laughter Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-21248576

A Brighton footballer who took photos of himself and team-mates exposing themselves in front of a teenager has told a court it was just "boy banter".

Anton Rodgers, 20, denied there was a sexual element to the alleged events in a Brighton hotel room in July 2011.

"It was just a bit of boy banter. It was a laugh but it seems stupid now," he told the Old Bailey.

Mr Rodgers, George Barker, 21, Lewis Dunk, 21, and Steve Cook, 21, deny sexual assault and voyeurism.

The offences are alleged to have taken place at the Jurys Inn Hotel after the Brighton and Hove Albion footballers had gone out to celebrate winning the Sussex Senior Cup.

Laugh

Sussex Senior Cup FTW

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:16 pm

It was the first ever game at the AMEX so they were obviously buzzing about playing there. Also i had never heard of them 4 before then, so its obvious it was an Albion development squad (As we always enter in the sussex senior cup)

But don't diss the sussex senior cup!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 pm

sussex senior cup laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Surrey Senior Cup laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Well yeah we actually do still play in it i think.. but we dont celebrate it..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:It was the first ever game at the AMEX so they were obviously buzzing about playing there. Also i had never heard of them 4 before then, so its obvious it was an Albion development squad (As we always enter in the sussex senior cup)

But don't diss the sussex senior cup!

Why would West Brom enter a team in the Sussex senior cup? Wink

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm

I would tbf, if im 18,19 playing in the development squad and we won a cup against first team men e.g. Crawley, Whitehawk, Eastbourne. I would go out. Also its on a Saturday night anyway and most people in the country go out for a few that night. But as i say i think they were more or less buzzing about playing the first game at the new stadium.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I would tbf, if im 18,19 playing in the development squad and we won a cup against first team men e.g. Crawley, Whitehawk, Eastbourne. I would go out. Also its on a Saturday night anyway and most people in the country go out for a few that night. But as i say i think they were more or less buzzing about playing the first game at the new stadium.

Crawley also play reserves/youth. Even in 2011. Last season we lost 5-2 to Crawley Down with our first XI being 8x U18's, 1x Physio, 1x Youth Team coach and 1x Assistant Manager. Worth celebrating? Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Marky wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:I would tbf, if im 18,19 playing in the development squad and we won a cup against first team men e.g. Crawley, Whitehawk, Eastbourne. I would go out. Also its on a Saturday night anyway and most people in the country go out for a few that night. But as i say i think they were more or less buzzing about playing the first game at the new stadium.

Crawley also play reserves/youth. Even in 2011. Last season we lost 5-2 to Crawley Down with our first XI being 8x U18's, 1x Physio, 1x Youth Team coach and 1x Assistant Manager. Worth celebrating? Wink

tbf i celebrate Saturday's because there Saturdays. Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 4 3559488474 Yahoo Yesssssssssss, it's Saturday Yahoo The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 4 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Upson, that makes two of our back 4 being former england internationals

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next