The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

+18
CFCNick
Daniel Reilly
SirJohnnyEnglish
hodge
two_tone
James_182
Fernando
jeromedubois
Mat
cherriesfna
TopoftheChops
TRUSSMAN66
mystiroakey
Gregers
GSC
Marky
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
22 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 9 Empty The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

A place to discuss all things Brighton and Hove Albion
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:39 pm

Two bad bits of news in one day then Laugh

Back to top Go down

The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm

Very much so Azzy Laugh

On Simeon, if you do get him, he'll run his socks off, but unless he is on form, he won't be able to hit a barn door from 2 yards away Ok!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm

Im getting so tired of repeating myself, for the last time, do we have a big budget YES!, is our budget bigger than the likes of Cardiff, Leicester, Blackburn, Bolton, Forest - NO!

Simeon Jackson is rumored and tbf that would be the perfect replacement for CMS. We have the big strong goalscorer in Ulloa, now we need the pace as a striker since CMS and Hoskins are injured for the season, Barnes is long term suspension and hopefully won't play again, Barker and Adgestein are a bit to inexperience for this stage of the season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

How much have we actually spent?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:44 pm

How much is you're whole squad on though? A lot more than our squad #Fact

Im not mentioning another thing towards budget today, because i have

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

How much is you're whole squad on though? A lot more than our squad #Fact

Im not mentioning another thing towards budget today, because i have a headache!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:50 pm

Someone get Adrian Durham on Twitter to let Nick know how wrong he was...

Nothing wrong with spending oodles of cash, provided you can afford it. I don't think Brighton can afford it though, looking at those results!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:57 pm

And you live in some delusional land where a 2m striker accepts a 2k per week salary.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

Adrian Durham is a complete idiot, anything that comes out of his mouth is just as bad as the nonsense that comes out of my mouth Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:28 am

Nick, you're the one claiming players like Ulloa, Vicente and CMS are on tuppence a week (ok, not that drastic) and when I show evidence leaning towards the contrary, you change the subject.

Brighton have a decent budget for transfer fees, which you do admit to, but this is about WAGES which you bury your head in the sand to avoid hearing the truth.

I'm not anti Brighton as you have alleged, but you're living in a fantasy world if you think the wages are as low as you've claimed repeatedly. Nothing to do with Cardiff, Leicester or Forest, its about you saying Brighton's players are on low wages when they're not.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:36 pm

Poyet is fav to be the next Leeds boss.

Seems to me that unless you get promoted he's off...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:54 pm

My old driving instructor is a Leeds fan and the other day he texted me saying that he seems to think next season unless we don't get promoted he will become the Leeds manager.

Again i can see the minor logic in that Leeds are a huge huge football club, and probably will have more money next season, however as plenty of managers have said recently Poyet would be a fool to leave Brighton, as it is a very hot place to be right now, e.g. Full crowds every week, fantastic stadium, new training ground etc.

Also Simeon Jackson didn't come Sad So if Ulloa gets injured, we have no other first team strikers. George Barker and Toby Adgeisten are to young lads in our development squad, but i personally don't think there cut out for the Championship.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:32 pm

Werent Poyet an assistant at Leeds at one point? Sure he has some connection up there

Not too surprised Jackson didnt leave. Offers us something different if injuries hit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm

Yeah he was to Dennis Wise, and Poyet was well respected as his assistant.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm

Nottingham Forest Away tomorrow

Probs going lose by 3 or 4

But away days all about drinking all day The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 9 3559488474

Waking up hungover and watching the football league show to see just how crap we were Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:57 pm

Have to admit you're in a pretty precarious position until Barnes's suspension is over (4/5 games left?)

If Ulloa gets injured/suspended you're screwed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:00 pm

Moussi will kill him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:16 pm

Barnes is crap though, would rather start Buckley upfront tbh

Who is Moussi? Never heard of him.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:26 pm

Pretty poor management not to bring in somebody to help bolster the ranks up top if Mr Ulloa does go down injured.

I know you went for Jackson, but gotta have a plan B
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm

Plan B = Something Poyet has never heard off #Fact

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm

Moussi is a beast

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:17 am

Mr Ankegren looks like he's had a stormer then made a massive man sausage up at the end Laugh

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 8:54 am

Aye were it not for Ankergren it's game over by halftime
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:05 pm

Well another very messy Saturday! From drinking budwiser from 9am to stumbling in the house at 3am!

If you offered me a 2-2 draw before kick off, i would of grabbed and you're hand and eaten it quicker than a Galaxy bar! To get a point at Nottingham Forest is incredible, given there recent run of form and with the squad we had out. Having the worst keeper in the league in goal, Bruno and our best player Liam Bridcutt injured was never going to go down well!

The 1st half Forest were all over us, and should of been well up by half time, but a few good saves from Ankercrap as well as fatty Reid slicing his shots wide, ment it was somehow 0-0 at half time.

The 2nd half was very even and a cracking half of football from 2 very good sides. Leo Ulloa, continued his impressive goal scoring run, as well as putting in a very good shift up top, Ward and Collins simply couldn't handle him. Will Buckley had a class game and took his goal well, sadly that lead to mad scenes in the crowd and it had and a bloke next to me crashing to the floor, knocking people over left,right and center. Luckily everyone was fine and continued to celebrate! Forest had some good chances as well, Lansbury had a great game. Darius Henderson seems like a real handfull. But when you're 2-1 up, you expect the game to be complete. Casper Ankergran is an idiot, i knew the man sausage up was coming and it just had to happen in the last minute. His contract expires at the end of the season and if the thought of even considering to offer him a new one occurs, then i despair. He completely cost us the win.

However enough signs, to suggest we an get play off spot. Forest looked a decent side and i expect them to be in the play offs as well.

I liked the city ground, although the service for a beer at half time was beyond a joke. I could of gone faster with a hand tied behind my back and blindfolded. Had a joke with a steward about it, as did a lot of angry people in the quee. Also why do Forest play goal music when they score, chelsea dagger should only be played in 20 20 cricket Laugh

SEEEEEAGULLLLLSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:12 pm

Because they put a vote on goal music on FB where all the kids voted for it.

As I say, Ankergren's a wash, yeah he ballsed it up at the end but he kept you in the game for long periods.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:19 pm

So would of Kuzchaek (Spelling) though IMO and maybe even Brezovan.

Ankergran has played 3 games this season.

Newcastle - Clean sheet - no mistakes

Arsenal - Costs us the Game

Forest - Costs us the game.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Should have a quality backup waiting in the wings like Darlow then
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:27 pm

Spot on.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:33 pm

Back in the top 6 .....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

Yep that's a positive, tbf there are a few positives to take away from yesterday. Huge game on Tuesday night at home to Charlton, who need to win if they are to keep there Play off hopes alive.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Blackpool 1-0 Palace
Burnley 1-1 Forest
Barnsley 2-0 Leicester

Fantastic. What a day!!!

SEEEAGULLLSSSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 01 Apr 2013, 6:15 pm

Better make sure you win yourselves
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

Doubt we will Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm

LOL.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:46 pm

Olly wrote:Better make sure you win yourselves

Ahem Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:53 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21988433

This is ridiculous and far too PC. It's banter, lighten the feck up!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

Exactly.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:58 pm

Duty281 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21988433

This is ridiculous and far too PC. It's banter, lighten the feck up!

We get told we **** our sisters and brothers every goddamn game!

On a more serious note have to wonder if Brighton might regret dropped points over Easter (could and probably should have been 6 going by reports)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:14 pm

Yeah very frustrating night at the AMEX stadium. The classic domination comes to nothing and Charlton have come away with a point which must feel like a win for them.

There game plan worked a complete treat. No wonder they have a very impressive away record this season. Ben Hamer was superb in goal and pulled off a lot of saves. Chris Solly and there big number 5 played very well.

Never seen a side hit the bar and the post in added on time. Just wasn't our night. Liam Bridcutt ran the show tonight. Matt Upson put in a solid show and Ulloa held the ball up very well.

Huge huge huge game on Saturday against Leicester, will be a tough game. There due a win and im scared it will come on Saturday.

Word on the referee made some shocking decisions tonight. Denying us a clear penalty when Vicente was fouled, and Booked Liam Bridcutt for a 1st half foul (fair enough) 5 minutes later there lad did the same exactly the same thing and no booking given. Shocking.

Still 6th in the league, and still unbeaten at the amex in 2013

SEEEEEEEEEAGULLLSSSSS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm

You play Leicester?

Sweet
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

I imagine you will want us to win? Extends the gap with sides in the play offs and sides not in the play offs!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:19 pm

Maybe. Leicester have to come good at some point.

We stand to gain either way.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:26 am

Ben Hamer, Crawley Town player of the year 2006/07 The official "Brighton and Hove Albion to mid table mediocrity" thread - Page 9 3559488474

He was 18 years old when he came to the Conference and Crawley on a season long loan from Reading, showed he's far too good for us and was easily our best player that season. He's finally doing it for Charlton having been less of a success elsewhere. And a clean sheet at the Amex, ha!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:38 am

Homophobia and football.

Good discussion..

But this problem(and I admit it is a problem) is within the employees not the fans.. Fans will sing out if people take it up the ass all day long -gay or not.. However Untill Players start 'Coming out' . Homophobia lives on!!

The problem is within the employees of the sport , not on the stands

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:17 am

It is us up next at your stadium on Saturday. Guaranteed 3 points for you there then! Our form is worse than relegation form and you can forget about calling us rivals for a play off spot as we are headed straight down to mid table mediocrity. Also we have a bad record at the Amex. I even remember in our solitary League One season being 2-0 up and losing 3-2.

Anything less than a comfortable Brighton win will be a suprise to me...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

Bad record at the Amex? We have only been there for one season Laugh

However did win 1-0 last season, thanks to another Buckley last minute goal. That game last season had 3 red cards i believe. 2 for you and 1 for us.

That 3-2 win, you're thinking of was at the amazing withdean stadium, (the home of football Whistle ) That was the season when we stayed up on the last day in league one. That 3-2 win, was superb though. You were top at the time 2-0 up at half time, with us playing the worst i have ever seen us play. 2nd half we batter you and Bradley Johnson making his debut scores 2 wonder goals and in the last minute you're center back scored a comedy own goal, that sent the withdean into raptures. Minor pitch invasion if i recall.

I always get more scared facing teams on a bad run than a good run, the famous saying "there due a win" and like Gus said in the paper today, we have now given you a huge chance to get back in the play offs, which will and should motivate your team. It is a huge game, ideally i would like the win, but a point wouldn't be bad, just such a shame we couldn't win last night or hang on at Forest.

Good luck for Saturday though mate OK

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

Oh yeah sorry I forgot you changed stadium Doh

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:58 pm

Now having a read up on some of these homophobic chants on the Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2303125/Brighton-report-homophobic-abuse-rival-fans-FA--list-alleged-chants-including-Colin-Kazim-Richards.html

Must admit had a little giggle at some
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

'You only sing when you’re b***ing'

Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:28 pm

Im for banter in football and chanting and tbh some rude chanting. Like the chants "We can see you holding hands" etc Once we played Millwall and one of there little chavs was wearing a pink polo shirt, with a hat on. The amount of gay chants he got from us was hilarious, even Millwall fans were laughing at him Laugh

However there's having a laugh, then there's taking it a step too far. Some jokes are funny, but its not funny one bit, when a professional footballer starts doing gestures, Colin Kazim Richards should be ashamed, gets paid a lot of money and should stay professional.

The one thing that annoys me most is, there could be some players playing in the football league, that are gay but too scared to come out. Chanting doesn't really help and not to mention Gay people who maybe in attendance. They could take real offence to this and fair enough if they decide to complain. But can you imagine if a gay footballer did come out, his career would be over, he couldn't play at football ground's across the country, simply because way too many idiots watch the game.

Lets not forget, Justin Fashanu. A tragic story, that is enough to drive people to tears. Instead of homophobic abuse, people should respect the Justin Fashanu campaign and kick it out.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next