The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intresting manny interview on floyd!!

+6
AlexHuckerby
eddyfightfan
Lumbering_Jack
jimmy glitter pants
hampo17
rycoys
10 posters

Go down

intresting manny interview on floyd!! Empty intresting manny interview on floyd!!

Post by rycoys Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:22 am

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/sports/boxing/2012/11/01/1675047/

rycoys

Back to top Go down

intresting manny interview on floyd!! Empty Re: intresting manny interview on floyd!!

Post by hampo17 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:28 am

Didn't Floyd sign a contract and Manny walked away? Both as bad as each other.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

intresting manny interview on floyd!! Empty Re: intresting manny interview on floyd!!

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:37 am

I'm not even intrested in this fight anymore, they are going on like a bunch of muppets, I must say Floyd grew a right Fraggle tash when he was banged up, he looked Jimmy Saville without the hair.

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:30 pm

3 years past its sell ny date. The both had the opportunity to share the biggest purse in the history of boxing but opted to act like children. History should rightly mark both of them down for avoiding each other.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:34 pm

3 years at least, 5 years ago would have been the ideal time, imagine a 3 fight triology with these 2 over that period, in my eyes they have both capped there potential as neither faced the biggest challenge during there peaks

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

3 years would have been best, after Manny proved himself over Cotto, or possibly after Floyd beat the number 1 at WW in Mosley. Somewhere around that time period would have been perfect. In 2007, 5 years ago Manny wasn't quite as big or a proven WW.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:02 pm

i think just before the time he fought de la hoy would have been best. after cotto he only had 2 more decent fights, then after mosley it went downhill. i think it would have been much more competitive earlier on, even if manny wasn't technically sound as he is now. he was much more of a animal and seemed more determined back then.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:13 pm

i agree with you all its well past its sell by date , a shame really if floyd beat manny i think he would go down as one of the greastest if not the greatest boxer in history , dont really get why it does nt mean that much to him as he will always be rememberd for not facing manny, dont really think manny needs the fight that much and he legacy will not be tarnished , anyway it disgusting it hase nt happend and pretty much sums up the sport ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

the reason (imo) none of them will be considered great (compared to greatness of the winner between the 2 of them) is because manny has the better record and performances, but floyd seems the most talented. i still think floyd will end up been remembered more highly, especially as if he can beat the likes of alveraz, martinez etc but the question mark will always be there.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:the reason (imo) none of them will be considered great (compared to greatness of the winner between the 2 of them) is because manny has the better record and performances, but floyd seems the most talented. i still think floyd will end up been remembered more highly, especially as if he can beat the likes of alveraz, martinez etc but the question mark will always be there.
if floyd beats manny he can retire as a true great imo, seems crazy he does nt want that

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

Thing is back in 2007 Manny wasn't a WW and Floyd had just fought at LMW, it would have been seen as a massive mismatch, in the same way DLH and Pac was at the time, Manny hadn't fought above LW at this time and hadn't got anywhere near as much of a fanbase as he did after DLH and Hatton in '09. After Cotto Pacquiao was seen as near untouchable at the end of '09 and Floyd was busy taking apart Marquez, think it could have happened after Cotto, or after Floyd beat Mosley.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

rycoys wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:the reason (imo) none of them will be considered great (compared to greatness of the winner between the 2 of them) is because manny has the better record and performances, but floyd seems the most talented. i still think floyd will end up been remembered more highly, especially as if he can beat the likes of alveraz, martinez etc but the question mark will always be there.
if floyd beats manny he can retire as a true great imo, seems crazy he does nt want that
What planet are you on if you don't think Manny is a true great?!!?!!??!?!?!????!?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

he could have, now beating bradley would make a bigger statement, and thats not enough to take him as high as manny would have.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:38 pm

he is great but so is manny, and a win over the other one at a time when they were both still at there best (mayweather still is) would have made a clear truely great fighter of our time.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

5 years ago manny hasn't proven himself above 130lb, most people (not me) said Oscar would destroy him due to the size difference. They would've said the same about Floyd - that it was a mismatch. By the end of 2009 Manny had destroyed Oscar, Hatton and Cotto, proving himself the hottest fighter in the world capable of mixing at WW. Early 2010 was when the fight should've happened, would've been the biggest and most lucrative fight ever. They blew it. Now it means virtually nothing, Floyd has been inside, manny has lost to Bradley and struggled with JMM, visibly slowing down in the process. The fans have since lost interest, both are past their physical peak, but with Floyds style lending itself to longevity more than mannys Floyd would give him an even bigger lesson now than he would've done 3 years ago. The whole thing has been an embarrassing farce for the sport as a whole and the protagonists in particular since day one, and the fact they never fought should stand as an enormous black mark on the record of both men.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 1:52 am

makes me laugh how people say Manny avoided the fight as well, It was clearly floyd who ducked the fight and only started to show interest when Manny vissibly started to fade...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:07 am

alma wrote:I think this fight will always remain potentially big, but seemingly elusive, which is a crying shame.

By the way, anyone who shortens their sentences to accommodate abbreviations like 'imo' or 'lol' needs a good shoeing

Totes agree!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:45 am

tunes666 wrote:makes me laugh how people say Manny avoided the fight as well, It was clearly floyd who ducked the fight and only started to show interest when Manny vissibly started to fade...

Makes me laugh that people still take a completely one sided view on either side of the argument, when it is clear that both parties have to take the blame for the fight not happening. Both were happy to dance around each other and make millions fighting slightly lesser fighters for low risk (relatively) easy pay days. I cant begrudge them that as its their health on the line in the ring and its not their fault they are a level above the chasing pack, but in terms of their standing in the ATG stakes it has to count against both.

But anyways I dont care anymore. I think Manny should just retire, hes already made his mark on the sport. Floyd too, but I think hes got more left at this stage.

PS just imo. lol!

Last edited by joeyjojo618 on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post needed more abbreviations)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

tunes666 wrote:makes me laugh how people say Manny avoided the fight as well, It was clearly floyd who ducked the fight and only started to show interest when Manny vissibly started to fade...

It did appear that way at the beginning imo but from then on it just got messy. Interestingly Manny always appeared much more relaxed than Floyd when interviewed on the subject of the fight. I don't see this fight happening next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 06 Nov 2012, 3:17 pm

the fact that these 2 wouldnt get it on is a massive slur to the fans, and i wouldnt pay to see a farce if it happened now. manny would be destroyed, i think most people would say floyd is probably the better fighter anyways, but he has blown his chance to prove it.

now it would be like tyson vs lewis, a fight to sell to the public whilst offering nothing in terms of substance. can you imagine a build up to a manny/floyd fight, it would be unbearable.

i think most serious boxing fans will remember this as the best fight that never happened, i only hope young boxers coming through dont copy the trend and this doesnt become the norm. i for one wouldnt want to follow boxing if it wasnt for the rare ward vs dawson or donaire vs nishioka, huck vs olbafi- who wants a sport where you dont have real champions?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down