The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

+34
kemet
Henman Bill
Incrediblexman
ALPanorak
carrieg4
banbrotam
bogbrush
Calder106
HM Murdock
sportslover
JuliusHMarx
LuvSports!
invisiblecoolers
Haddie-nuff
time please
lags72
hawkeye
Chydremion
prostaff85
sirfredperry
laverfan
CAS
Jahu
The Special Juan
Josiah Maiestas
CaledonianCraig
barrystar
Mad for Chelsea
Silver
slashermcguirk
FedsFan
Danny_1982
lydian
User 774433
38 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 13 Empty ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

Post by User 774433 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

WIll be updated each day with new schedule:
THE FINALE:

Evening: 8:00 PM Start
NOVAK DJOKOVIC (1) vs ROGER FEDERER (2)

Group standings:
Group A:
Djokovic- 3-0
Murray- 2-1
Berdych- 1-2
Tsonga- 0-3

Group B:
Federer- 2-0
Ferrer- 1-1
Del Potro- 1-1
Tipsarevic- 0-2

Semis:
Djokovic bt Del Potro
Federer bt Murray

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:59 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : No Reason)

User 774433

Back to top Go down

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 13 Empty Re: ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

Post by Tropicalfruiter Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

Nooooooooooo! Seven rest in Heaven.

Tropicalfruiter

Back to top Go down

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 13 Empty Re: ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

4 UEs in a row gift the break back

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:24 pm

you have to give Djokovic credit here. On both set points Fed hit cracking first serves which he managed to return, and once again on the key points he seems to just be able to go up a level...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

Mental weakness. furious

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

Not sure I agree with that Mad for Chelsea, nor the commentary. I think Federer threw it away.

Last edited by Henman Bill on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropicalfruiter Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

The Djoker deserves this. Just looks stronger. Sorry Fed, you are fried meat in this one.

Tropicalfruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:26 pm

I think Federer is toast.

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

Every rally now Djoko looks the favourite - it's so tough to get a winner away against him.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm

More Federrors are appearing.

RE 2 games ago: Bad errors from Fed but it was the quality of the returns that forced him into him. Forced unforced errors IMO.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

Great return of serve. Great match point.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

Cmon Djokovic, sweet revenge for the disgraceful British crowd from last night. Booing Murray, applauding Federer far more. Can you honestly imagine the French or Americans supporting a foreigner and booing their own.

Well done Novak!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

Now that's how to finish a match. I salute you sir. Unlucky Federer, really well played but can't help but feel he tried to spring a marathon.

Lars Graf rose
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

what a brilliant shot it is to win the match though! well done Djokovic, well deserved clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

Can't say that I did not see this scoreline coming. This is like the US Opens 2010 and 2011 in miniature.

As well as Novak played, Roger is simply too stubborn for his own good sometimes.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

The better player on the night won it - Fed's 1st serve needed to be better than that.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

FFS Fed. Gifting the match. Ferrer would of crushed Djoko tonight.

Well done to Djoko, mostly deserved win, nothing special from him tonight, just enough silly UE's from Fed to give him the first WTF title.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:31 pm

Somehow Federer wasn't the same after serving for the set. Mentally the confidence went away a bit.

Significant victory for Novak on indoor hard court, taking the all court mantle away from Federer himself, and just needs the FO now.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:31 pm

So angry. Need to shoot things on my Ps3. furious censored mad ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 13 3181402168 picard vomit Sad Crying or Very sad

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

42 UE's again. But what a match point. My word, that was fantastic. Just what confidence that will give Djokovic I dread to think.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Somehow Federer wasn't the same after serving for the set. Mentally the confidence went away a bit..

Fed does have that weakness - if he doesn't close it out first time, he struggles to recover.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:34 pm

Really impressive performance from Djokovic.

Federer was pretty good too, although a drop off at the end.

I actually think Federer is still the best player on this surface in theory in terms of the talent, but Djokovic has a mental edge on him.

And Djokovic beats Federer on the best surface for Federer, while Federer didn't get close on clay this year (although he did beat him last year).

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:34 pm

Well done Djokovic, he was rock solid.

Fed's serving really let him down but of course no one puts you under more pressure on the return than Djokovic.

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:34 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Somehow Federer wasn't the same after serving for the set. Mentally the confidence went away a bit.

Significant victory for Novak on indoor hard court, taking the all court mantle away from Federer himself, and just needs the FO now.

He probably had visions of US Opens 2010 and 2011 on his mind. Interestingly enough, the script played out the same way. Roger gets broken serving for a match/set, Novak holds and then breaks Roger again...

This is the era where the return of serve is king.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:34 pm

monty junior wrote:Cmon Djokovic, sweet revenge for the disgraceful British crowd from last night. Booing Murray, applauding Federer far more. Can you honestly imagine the French or Americans supporting a foreigner and booing their own.

Well done Novak!
It restored my faith that the place isn't full of jingoistic fools.

Sadly for the French & Americans I cannot imagine them distinguishing themselves so.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:35 pm

As often happens with Fed if it is close he often gets squeezed out by the top players.

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

No doubt whose had the best year in 2012 now. That looks to have snuffed out what looked like a chance of Fed grabbing No. 1 back after the Australian Open. Fed was very clear who the true #1 is in interviews before the match, and Djoko has underlined that most emphatically.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

"I cannot play much better than I did today"

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

I think the French do boo their own players on occasion. I remember they booed Gasquet when he mentally imploded v Murray one year Laugh (Might have been this year actually).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Really impressive performance from Djokovic.

I actually think Federer is still the best player on this surface in theory in terms of the talent, but Djokovic has a mental edge on him.

And Djokovic beats Federer on the best surface for Federer, while Federer didn't get close on clay this year (although he did beat him last year).
This is a good environment for Federer, but not a great surface.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

yep exactly like their French Open match, as soon as Novak broke back.....from 40-15!!! I knew it was all over. Djokovic makes Federer look like an average athlete at times, Federer still the better shot maker but Djokovic is just a rubber band

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:37 pm

Djokovic was making Federers first serves look like nothing, he couldn't hit winners it seemed. Of course Novak is a great defender but you can tell the court is no where near as fast as Cincy

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

Is it too much for me to suggest that Federer did not say "I'll see you next year"? Or can you not say that about this tournament?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

barrystar wrote:No doubt whose had the best year in 2012 now. That looks to have snuffed out what looked like a chance of Fed grabbing No. 1 back after the Australian Open. Fed was very clear who the true #1 is in interviews before the match, and Djoko has underlined that most emphatically.

I agree with that, although the margins between clearly best and clearly second best are quite small as well in a way.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

It must be so tough doing the runner up speech

Roger did very well there

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:40 pm

congrats novak a great performance and a great week undefeated!

In the end he just strangled the life outta fed who was running on empty but i think novak deserved it and what a way to finish!
nole!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Henman Bill wrote:Really impressive performance from Djokovic.

This is a good environment for Federer, but not a great surface.

It did look a little slower this year, but still quite fast relative to others. Nice to see some old school tactirs employed occassionally like chip charging on second serve, serve and volley and going in mid way through a rallly. You just don't see that at the Australian Open, Indian Wells, or on clay for example. You would be embarrassed actually if you tried it there.

Last edited by Henman Bill on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm

I hate to say it, but I think Murray doesn't win that US Open final match if it wasn't so windy

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

What's that got to do with anything?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

Lets not forget we're talking about a 25 yr in his absolute prime against an old (in tennis terms) legend.

Fed gave great account of himself and it was decided by a few points in the end. He could very well have been a double break up in the second set.

Well done Novak, he's gonna be a tough man to topple next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:50 pm

Fed said in an interview broadcast on 5live before the match that getting to #1 this year was very high in his estimation of his achievements because the players are so good in "this era" and because he thinks that your tennis prime is 23-27 years when you have enough experience and are at your physical best.

As his fan I see everything as bunce - and by keeping the best modern players honest he is underlining quite what a wonderful player he's been.

He has said that his schedule for 2013 is nearly sorted out. He'll give it a full year next year I'm sure.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:54 pm

The Special Juan wrote:42 UE's again. But what a match point. My word, that was fantastic. Just what confidence that will give Djokovic I dread to think.

Mr. Matchpoint does it again Juan, I am happier than a fat girl at a vegas all you can eat buffet. I think both players were hitting extremely high levels. Federer was spectacular in the first set and up to the point he served for the second set. What a wonderful player he is, this kind of match is why I love this rivalry so much. But Djokovic is just the hardest guy to serve a set or a match out in the world, period. All through the second set I knew Novak was going to break back, it is almost like he needs to give his opponent a break lead to get his teeth in the set.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm

what a match - well done to Djokovic clap This has long been my favorite match up and it certainly didn't disappoint. Some truly wonderful points from both players - I think there was one point in it at the end. Amazing shot to save the second set point in the first from Fed, but really so many fantastic winners and defence from both.

Would love to have seen Fed do it, but what can one say except to echo Fed and say that, at this point in time 'Novak, you're the best!'

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:00 pm

Nice sentiments, Fed played great but Novak just won more of the big points. Federer I think beats anyone else today but this was number 1 v. number 2 and it went right to form, exceptionally close with Djokovic just edging fed out. Fed was just untouchable early in the first set. He should be very happy he has had a great season.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm

Yeah a deserving finale to the season.

Djokovic edging out Federer in the final match of the season just as he has edged him out as the player of the season. The guy doesn't know when he's beaten.

He's gonna be super confident for next year.

Roger will still be fighting for the big prizes next year but sadly time marches on.

I expect Rafa to come back strong.

And Murray will build on his fantastic 2012.

All to play for next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:31 pm

Djokovic. clap Very well played.

Federer. steam (Too many missed opportunities - giving up break leads in both sets).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:42 pm

Blimey that was good.
Im fairness to Fed he did indeed have break advantage in both sets, but no ones serve is a given against Djokovic nowadays, he'll likely be annoyed at losing 40-15 up again but thats what can happen if you have an opponent who never gives in and has maybe the best return.
How many times has djokovic recovered set/match down and out now? Tsonag at French... Murray in Rome i think it was, Federer 3 times now... Murray shanghai, blimey he is something, he's entertaining thats for sure even if you don't like his tennis

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:43 pm

Stunning match clap

Superb play from both players, I was on the edge of my seat Smile

Funnily enough I was fully behind Roger all throughout, I wanted a 3 set match.
1st set I knew Djoko had more stamina, so I was behind Fed; second set I wanted Fed to bring it into a decider Cool

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:43 pm

monty junior wrote:Cmon Djokovic, sweet revenge for the disgraceful British crowd from last night. Booing Murray, applauding Federer far more. Can you honestly imagine the French or Americans supporting a foreigner and booing their own.

Well done Novak!

Well said. Really stupid booing Murray at that point.

Applaud Federer for his skills, longevity etc. but no reason to boo.

At least 3 on here would have been leading the booing at least in front of their TV screens.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

When Roger broke game 1 set 2; that was the first time I've celebrated loudly for a non Nadal point loudly at a game.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

I don't like booing anytime ever, don't care if the crowd is partisan or not. Sure go one way or another for support, but be respectful, I hate the Parisian and football crowds for that, they're giving it their best they don't deserve to be booed.
When the footys on I always dread the national anthems because there's always idiots who boo it, English or otherwise I hate that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next