The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poach One Player For Your Team

+29
Notch
mckay1402
Shifty
Mickado
Portnoy's Complaint
ChequeredJersey
doctor_grey
yappysnap
Eustace H Plimsoll
Janecory
Poorfour
debaters1
profitius
funnyExiledScot
westisbest
stnick88
rodders
LondonTiger
HERSH
toml
wales606
Bathite
ScarletSpiderman
asoreleftshoulder
Geordie
SecretFly
Kingshu
Breadvan
George Carlin
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Poach One Player For Your Team - Page 2 Empty Poach One Player For Your Team

Post by George Carlin Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 am

First topic message reminder :

I am truly bored out of my bejeezus and do not want to continue with this contract I'm drafting.

Here's a short and easy scenario:

1. It's Free Transfer Day. You can sign one of the players from another Rabo (or Jeff if you must) franchise to yours. They have to go.
2. Whom do you choose and why?
3. Please provide details of (a) your team, (b) whom you are poaching and (c) why.

As a Glasgow fan king, I would have Ruan Pienaar. A 9 like that is the last thing that we need in the absence of Cuss and his goalkicking means that we could play Jackson without soiling ourselves about him missing pots at goal and give Peter Horne a break.

As an Edinburgh fan monkey , I would gladly swap the whole team for a Curlywurley at the moment, but I would settle for Johann Muller as a priority. The diddies need a piece of granite in the tight at the moment and a leader on the pitch. Big Johann would be perfick. Hopefully Bradley will do the gentlemanly thing and throw a blank check at the big chap when his contract is up with Ulster in the summer. That should give Bradley's predecessor something nice to work with.

Surely even we cannot turn this thread into a urinating contest about the Lions, a todger comparison exercise or a thinly veiled sledging of any one particular nationality. Come on, people.

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Poach One Player For Your Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Poach One Player For Your Team

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm

For Saracens probably Dan Cole from the AP.

If it's a Rabo player then Adam Jones.

If it's a top 14 player then I would like Census Johnston back!

We need a tighthead prop.

A frontrow of Vunipola,Brits and C.Johnston would be fun!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Poach One Player For Your Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Poach One Player For Your Team

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:45 pm

John Afoa > Adam Jones OK

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 pm

For Wasps definitely Dan Cole. At only 26 & possibly world class he has got to be one of rugbys most valuable players.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 am

For Irish I can't decide between Dan Cole and Tipuric. Not sure where we are more in need of a class player. Depends if we are willing to put our faith in Treviranus as a fetcher or continue to use him as an impact sub I guess.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Sirburger would you take Tipuric over Steffon?

Dan Cole would be great but I think Aulika is doing well, for me our backrow is our main issue, notably openside.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm

stnick88 wrote:Sirburger would you take Tipuric over Steffon?

Dan Cole would be great but I think Aulika is doing well, for me our backrow is our main issue, notably openside.

Thought it had to be AP or Rabo...Steffon or Tipuric would be a close call. Aulika is doing great, but Cole is world class. Open side is frustrating me. I want Treviranus to be given a run there but it doesn't look like that will happen.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2