The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie

+19
PPVxHOTTY
Rodney
EdWoodjr
BoxingFan88
rob-glos
BallchinianMuffwig
Small Time
J.Benson II
AlexHuckerby
spencerclarke
eddyfightfan
azania
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Union Cane
88Chris05
Boxtthis
Seanusarrilius
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll it!

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_lcap9%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_lcap5%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_lcap0%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_lcap86%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 19 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_lcap0%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Empty Maccarinelli v Mckenzie

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

Roll up roll up Macca's chin is back in town!

Jokes aside, this is a very very dangerous fight for Enzo, and one which I feel he should not be taking. He needs to retire as he is completely shot, IMO, and draining himself to LH is only doing him more damage.

Got to go with Mckenzie in this one. Shane McChunky dropped Enzo and he has half the boxing skill Ovill has.

Mckenzie KO inside 5 for me.

Retire Enzo, regardless.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie Empty Re: Maccarinelli v Mckenzie

Post by Boxtthis Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:22 pm

Between the Haye, Afolabi, Frenkel, and Lebedev fights, big Enzo could put together a spectacular anti-highlight reel of outrageously heavy KO losses. It's got to have absolutely shattered his confidence.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if Maccarinelli won this one. McKenzie can punch but he's only a dangerous fighter for the first three or four rounds, and then merely a very average one after that. If Enzo can weather the early storm then he should still have enough to outbox McKenzie, even at this stage of his career.

I think McKenzie has to get rid of Enzo early. If he doesn't, then I'd back Maccarinelli to keep what's left of his career going for a little while yet. A pick 'em, methinks.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

Pick em fo sho. But after seeing the cumbersome Shane McChunky drop him and almost KO him, I see Ovill being able to land something big early. And against Macca, it only needs one these days

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:30 pm

McKenzie had Bellew on his back a couple of times in their first encounter, I can only see this one going the same way.

Enzo should stick to acting, he was quite good at that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:48 pm

If Enzo can make it past the first few rounds, he would probably out box Ovil or maybe even stop him late. But I don't think he can. McKenzie EKO

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 06 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

I love watching the Enzo vs Lebedev finish. Such a brutal KO. Watching him sag to the ground like a bag of spuds really cheers me up........Ahem....anyway..

I see Ovil knocking him out with the first meaningful punch. Enzo has being in the Danny Williams Club for Men with Unsteady Legs for some time.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 06 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

Boxtthis wrote:Between the Haye, Afolabi, Frenkel, and Lebedev fights, big Enzo could put together a spectacular anti-highlight reel of outrageously heavy KO losses. It's got to have absolutely shattered his confidence.

Yet he still enters the ring.....?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 06 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I love watching the Enzo vs Lebedev finish. Such a brutal KO. Watching him sag to the ground like a bag of spuds really cheers me up........Ahem....anyway..

I see Ovil knocking him out with the first meaningful punch. Enzo has being in the Danny Williams Club for Men with Unsteady Legs for some time.

You're a weasley little man aren't you? Just because a steroid induced old hag wielding a handbag is better than anything Northern Ireland can produce!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I love watching the Enzo vs Lebedev finish. Such a brutal KO. Watching him sag to the ground like a bag of spuds really cheers me up........Ahem....anyway..

You're a weasley little man aren't you? Just because a steroid induced old hag wielding a handbag is better than anything Northern Ireland can produce!

Easy now, don't start targetting nationalities. Although what Dee said was in bad taste. Let us keep it nice and friendly, or at least less blatantly offensive. Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

Sorry Seanus. But I find it odd that someone can take near orgasmic pleasure out of seeing someone else get badly hurt that's all. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 06 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

Is Enzo that chinny? The punches that flattened him have been highlight reel punches.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 6:37 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Sorry Seanus. But I find it odd that someone can take near orgasmic pleasure out of seeing someone else get badly hurt that's all. OK

It is odd and distasteful.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:01 pm

we all like knockouts, where boxing fans, may he didnt write it in the most elegant way but thats the reality in the fight game for you.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Sorry Seanus. But I find it odd that someone can take near orgasmic pleasure out of seeing someone else get badly hurt that's all. OK

You go to a boxing match to see knockouts. The more brutal the better. A good slugfest is somethng we all enjoy. Lets not kid ourselves.

If you want to see ballet, watch Johnny Nelson against Warring or DeLeon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:21 pm

I like a good KO, too, but thought it was a bit much

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:37 pm

it was a bit much, but lets face its the truth. getting offended on a boxing forum when people enjoy ko's isnt the best policy to run with on here.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:it was a bit much, but lets face its the truth. getting offended on a boxing forum when people enjoy ko's isnt the best policy to run with on here.

I'm not particularly offended, I jsut saw SuperBoon getting offended so thought I would chat to him about it. Nough said, as it were Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 06 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

Enzo has to fight against his instincts are try and box him like bellew did in the second fight. Ovil wasn't really in that one

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 06 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

azania wrote:

You go to a boxing match to see knockouts. The more brutal the better. A good slugfest is somethng we all enjoy. Lets not kid ourselves.

I think you know what I mean Azza! I yelled and jumped up to the ceiling when Gerald McClellan fell to his kness against Nigel Benn. My point - we all like seeing our man win by brutal KO but not so much take pleasure in seeing the other guy in a lot of hurt if you catch my drift? Afterall most of us wouldn't have wanted to see the G-man end up the way he did even if he was a complete noob in real life. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
azania wrote:

I think you know what I mean Azza! I yelled and jumped up to the ceiling when Gerald McClellan fell to his kness against Nigel Benn. My point - we all like seeing our man win by brutal KO but not so much take pleasure in seeing the other guy in a lot of hurt if you catch my drift? Afterall most of us wouldn't have wanted to see the G-man end up the way he did even if he was a complete noob in real life. OK

If the G-Man got up and went on to live a normal live then it wouldn't be as bad to watch.

Enzo seems perfectly fine now which is why I enjoy watching that knockout as its one of the most brutal in recent times. Tommy Morrison is currently being discussed on another thread and his KO against Mercer which is just as bad seems like a favorite to be watched judging by people on here (me included). I don't see you flying off the handle at people for that....or is it a case of the red dragon tinted glasses Super??

And you mention that the best boxer from where im from is on banned substances!! Idn't Enzo spaggetti legs guilty of using too haha.

As I said, my favorite most recent knockout......That and Martin Lindseys against Derry Matthews. Love them both.

Its a brutal sport so why cry over knockouts??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:51 pm

azania wrote:Is Enzo that chinny? The punches that flattened him have been highlight reel punches.

I was on that same train of thought until I saw McPhilbin have him all over the place from a stiff jab.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 07 Nov 2012, 4:39 pm

He had better hope his friend who rings the bell is working. He might get saved again.

When fighters like Enzo carry on, it helps if they get splattered again . Just to show them what is going to keep on happening.

I still think Warren feeds him to Cleverly at some point. He would still probably be levels above what big lugs is facing at the moment
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Nov 2012, 10:03 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
azania wrote:

I saw the G-man docu a few months back. I wrote an OP entitles "we got what we wanted" or words to that extent in reference to that match and my experience at the Watson/Eubank fight. We want brutal fights. It gets our blood curdling. We marvel at the MAB/Morales fights, the Ward/Gatti fights and Ali/Frazier 3. Why? Because they were brutal slugfests where all combatants went to the well and beyond and some paid a high price for it. We remember the fights and almost as an afterthought consider the boxers.We recall the event, what we were doing, who we were shagging just because we remember those fights.

We want to see someone get hurt. Look at how we laugh at Audley against Price. How we laugh at Hatton headbutting the ring post and Khan getting his eyes to roll. We know the toll it takes out of them. We accuse Naz of running because he retired early. But we forget he left with all his faculties intact and his bank bursting out.

Boxing brings out the neanderthal is us.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 08 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Pretty sure he was stopped on his feet against Lebedev. It was the KO against Frenkal that was most brutal.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 08 Nov 2012, 4:02 pm

I think we're all looking past Enzo's power. He hit hard enough at Cruiser to bang most opponents out and he seems to have carried the power down with him. Surely this is at worst for Enzo a "who lands first" scenario?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Nov 2012, 4:11 pm

Trouble is, we've seen since the Haye fight that when Enzo gets tagged these days, he's in grave danger of being very seriously hurt. Mckenzie is as crude as they come but if he does land, Enzo will be in trouble. My biggest fear is that Enzo manages to win and is lined up against Tony Bellew who is likely to kill him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Nov 2012, 4:43 pm

Cheers for the correction. Mate. Got them mixed up. It was a finish of beauty.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri 09 Nov 2012, 4:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Trouble is, we've seen since the Haye fight that when Enzo gets tagged these days, he's in grave danger of being very seriously hurt. Mckenzie is as crude as they come but if he does land, Enzo will be in trouble. My biggest fear is that Enzo manages to win and is lined up against Tony Bellew who is likely to kill him.

Bellew and Enzo are good mates so I don't really see that one happening....Enzo and Cleverly can't stand each other....Now that would be a decent match up.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 4:37 pm

Calzaghe and Woodhall were good mates but that didn't stop Joe beating him up for a few rounds.

If Bellew's career stalls and he needs to keep the rust at bay, you can pretty much bet he'd fight Enzo in a heartbeat...although he'd probably try stop him with bodyshots cos they're mates!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:36 pm

At work, right so whats happened on this card so far?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm

Interesting first round. Ovill looking for the KO.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:11 pm

Someone sack Ian John Lewis.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

That's ridiculous....

Immediate rematch needs to be ordered and Ian John Lewis should be suspended.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:14 pm

I wish I could swear on this forum, because right now I am calling him every name you can think of!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a complete and utter useless moron, that was shaping up to be an excellent fight!

He should NEVER judge or officiate a boxing match EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm

Absolutely diabolical refereeing

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm

Ian John Lewis should be investigated for that, what a farce.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

I waited all night for that fight!!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:19 pm

I it's time for IJL to finally get the sack.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

I reckon he's on the take. Effing joker.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

His always been a joke that's the thing, listen being a ref can't be easy but that was diabolical from even a novice in the game nevermind an official referee.

It was developing into a decent battle, I was quietly impressed with Enzo just a terrible stoppage

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:23 pm

"the safety of the boxer"?? absolute joke of a stoppage, ref must be in toilets kissing his bet slip.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:24 pm

Refs stop fights far too prematurely now these days.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:24 pm

I thought Enzo was clearly boxing to a good gameplan, Ovill would have gassed with everything he was putting into it' just a complete joke.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:26 pm

Rodney wrote:Refs stop fights far too prematurely now these days.

There's premature, then there's for no real reason whatsoever, that was the latter.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

from what i gather....ovill got stopped early???

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:40 pm

Enzo did.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

That wouldn't have been stopped even in the amateurs where they sometimes stop fight when they touch gloves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:44 pm

Enzo's mum wouldn't have stopped that.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm

This just has to be it now as far as Ian John Lewis is concerned, the straw which will break the camel's back.

Unfathomable scorecards, refereeing displays soaked in his own self-importance and desire to be the centre of attention, shoddy stoppages; the man is an absolutely disgraceful official, and I (as well as many others) have been saying this for a long, long time.

Yes, officials do a tough job, and yes, there is pressure on them as their errors will always be highlighted while their good work will go largely unnoticed. But that's no reason to keep turning a blind eye to this man's repeated horror shows, which seem to be happening with more and more regularity all the time.

It's high time the BBBC investigated this. Either the man is consistently selling himself off to the highest bidder, or, more likely, he's simply grossly incompetent. Either way, his continually horrific officiating must stop now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next