The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie

+19
PPVxHOTTY
Rodney
EdWoodjr
BoxingFan88
rob-glos
BallchinianMuffwig
Small Time
J.Benson II
AlexHuckerby
spencerclarke
eddyfightfan
azania
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Union Cane
88Chris05
Boxtthis
Seanusarrilius
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Poll it!

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_lcap86%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 19 ]
Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Empty Maccarinelli v Mckenzie

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Roll up roll up Macca's chin is back in town!

Jokes aside, this is a very very dangerous fight for Enzo, and one which I feel he should not be taking. He needs to retire as he is completely shot, IMO, and draining himself to LH is only doing him more damage.

Got to go with Mckenzie in this one. Shane McChunky dropped Enzo and he has half the boxing skill Ovill has.

Mckenzie KO inside 5 for me.

Retire Enzo, regardless.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Maccarinelli v Mckenzie - Page 2 Empty Re: Maccarinelli v Mckenzie

Post by azania Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:19 pm

88Chris05 wrote:This just has to be it now as far as Ian John Lewis is concerned, the straw which will break the camel's back.

Unfathomable scorecards, refereeing displays soaked in his own self-importance and desire to be the centre of attention, shoddy stoppages; the man is an absolutely disgraceful official, and I (as well as many others) have been saying this for a long, long time.

Yes, officials do a tough job, and yes, there is pressure on them as their errors will always be highlighted while their good work will go largely unnoticed. But that's no reason to keep turning a blind eye to this man's repeated horror shows, which seem to be happening with more and more regularity all the time.

It's high time the BBBC investigated this. Either the man is consistently selling himself off to the highest bidder, or, more likely, he's simply grossly incompetent. Either way, his continually horrific officiating must stop now.

To be fair. With IJL its the other way around. His good work gets highlighted whilst his errors have become the norm.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:This just has to be it now as far as Ian John Lewis is concerned, the straw which will break the camel's back.

Unfathomable scorecards, refereeing displays soaked in his own self-importance and desire to be the centre of attention, shoddy stoppages; the man is an absolutely disgraceful official, and I (as well as many others) have been saying this for a long, long time.

Yes, officials do a tough job, and yes, there is pressure on them as their errors will always be highlighted while their good work will go largely unnoticed. But that's no reason to keep turning a blind eye to this man's repeated horror shows, which seem to be happening with more and more regularity all the time.

It's high time the BBBC investigated this. Either the man is consistently selling himself off to the highest bidder, or, more likely, he's simply grossly incompetent. Either way, his continually horrific officiating must stop now.

To be fair. With IJL its the other way around. His good work gets highlighted whilst his errors have become the norm.

Haha so true

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

azania wrote:

hahaha

Didn't see this yet, but sounds awful. ALthough I had money on a stoppage in each of first 4 rounds. But still, IJL is a joke

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:59 pm

Mkloskey v Corely stoppage, I know that much

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:03 am

Don't forget, this was the ref who allowed Vitali to put Shannon Briggs into intensive care with various facial fractures, broken nose, concussion and a burst eardrum, yet he stops a perfectly fine Enzo for no good reason.

Even McKenzie was disgusted.

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:40 am

Rules state that if you are against the ropes and not defending yourself then the ref can stop the fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:38 am

Enzo was defending himself, he wasn't helpless, he was actively blocking the punches and had been doing the same thing the whole fight, even IJL realised he had made a balls up as soon as he had jumped in, by then it was too late. Rolling Eyes

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:59 am

Enzo had his guard up as he had all fight, he took one decent right hand then blocked 3 punches, then bizzarely IJL stops after Enzo had clearly blocked everything well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCCMYue9dUE

If you haven't seen it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:50 pm

Thats probably the worst stoppage I've ever seen. Good topic there, probably been done I'd imagine.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 10 Nov 2012, 1:50 pm

Thanks for the link Alex.

Couldnt IJL have just given him an 8 count once he realised he'd made a mistake? Still would have been stupid, but less stupid than stopping the fight.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich1066 Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:15 pm

I can't and won't defend the stopage that IJL did. Just a point to make to truss made on another thread IJL does have a daughter. I know IJL, I saw him today. He told me when I asked him abou the stoppage that on the first right hand he saw enzo's eyes roll and then the other punches go in. That's why he stopped it. As soon as he did he said he realised enzo was alright. I hadn't seen the fight before talking to him but ultimately if he saw that then it's always better to stop early rather than late. Sometimes it's a good call sometimes not

Rich1066

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Nov 2012, 8:38 pm

Wow I can't remember seeing anything like that. Is this guy on the take or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2