The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for?

+15
Young_Towzer
Super D Boon
Jukebox Timebomb
Jimmythebullet
School Project
SugarRayBray
OasisBFC
The Galveston Giant
The genius of PBF
coxy0001
Jimmy Moz
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
Scottrf
19 posters

Go down

What wll Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for?

What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_lcap51%What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 20 ]
What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_lcap8%What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_lcap0%What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_lcap5%What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_lcap36%What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 39

What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Empty What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for?

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:59 pm

What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for?

Last edited by Scottrf on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Empty Re: What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

His spaghetti...Mama canta even make ita so good.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for? Empty Re: What will Enzo Maccarinelli be most well known for?

Post by Steffan Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

I have a stalker Erm

A bit strange but what can I say im flattered thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

The hilarious coma he was put into by Lebedev.

I get knocked down, but I get up again, aint never gonna keep me....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Steffan I think your friend Scott may have a crush on you there randy heart

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

If e) moobs doesn't trot out an easier winner i will have lost all confidence in this forum.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

You should have Macca-spaghetti on the poll

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

I guess Macca-spaghetti-legs is the Haye option.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

Scott I just realised you are Ceej. Damn how did I miss that earlier Doh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

Good one.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:Good one.

Took me a while though fair do

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

Moobs just drew me to it, i tried to click Haye but it wouldn't let me. Enzo completely fell to pieces after the Haye fight and will probably be remembered for his incredible streak of KO losses which followed. Not many boxers go downhill as fast as Enzo did.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Moobs just drew me to it, i tried to click Haye but it wouldn't let me. Enzo completely fell to pieces after the Haye fight and will probably be remembered for his incredible streak of KO losses which followed. Not many boxers go downhill as fast as Enzo did.

good point. to go from world champion who many experts said was too much for haye (who was regarded as number 1) to just be knocked out time and time again is very rare.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Moobs just drew me to it, i tried to click Haye but it wouldn't let me. Enzo completely fell to pieces after the Haye fight and will probably be remembered for his incredible streak of KO losses which followed. Not many boxers go downhill as fast as Enzo did.

good point. to go from world champion who many experts said was too much for haye (who was regarded as number 1) to just be knocked out time and time again is very rare.

He was a Warren creation. Built up to feel he was Superman by destroying sub-par opposition, the minute he stepped up a level he was found out.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

I'll remember Enzo for all the overmatched journey-men he fought on Calzaghe undercards.

I hear a lot of people calling him a nice bloke and that he doesn't deserve the beatings he's getting... but ask the bouncers in Cardiff how much of a nice guy he really is! Whistle

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Thu 07 Jul 2011, 6:41 pm

Getting iced by future hall of famer lee swaby?

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

What about option f.

f) Clearing up at 175. Beating the Clev and being the man to send B-Hop into retirement.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:22 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:What about option f.

f) Clearing up at 175. Beating the Clev and being the man to send B-Hop into retirement.
I'll redo the poll if that happens.

And streak naked around Trafalgar square.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

What's all this ceej stuff.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:49 pm

Glad to hear it.....Hate to think you were really low rent after all..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:50 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:What about option f.

I'll attempt to make a live King Cobra nosh me off if that happens

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:24 am

How about f):

Will be regarded more highly than all the noobs on this forum and would cane Trussman in a fight boxing

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:29 am

Remembered for flying the Warren WBO flagship in this Country.....

The leader of a host of fighters that should never have been given the title World champion but because of their promoters relationship with a dodgy organisation...

hey presto...and it stinks.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Remembered for flying the Warren WBO flagship in this Country.....

The leader of a host of fighters that should never have been given the title World champion but because of their promoters relationship with a dodgy organisation...

Alex Arthur - Guzman wouldn't fight him, had beaten Gogoladze in interim fight, deserved the title
Ricky Burns - Took a genuine champ in Martinez to school, deserved the title
Nathan Cleverly - Beat Murat in interim fight, Braehmer wouldn't come to fight, won vacant title, deserved the title
Joe Calzaghe - Beat Eubank, deserved the title

mmmmm lovely jubbly

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

With Hopkins, Dawson, Diaconu, Cloud and Pascal around you should at least have to beat one of them to win a world title, facing someone like Braehmer or Murat is taking the easy option
Burns and Calzaghe are genuine i'll give you that but Arthur was the weakest of the champions at the time and lost as soon as he stepped up

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:With Hopkins, Dawson, Diaconu, Cloud and Pascal around you should at least have to beat one of them to win a world title, facing someone like Braehmer or Murat is taking the easy option
Burns and Calzaghe are genuine i'll give you that but Arthur was the weakest of the champions at the time and lost as soon as he stepped up

Diaconu doesn't hold a title, neither does Dawson, let's wait til they win a title hey, Braehmer was a dangerous and genuine champ, as a Cleverly fan i'd love him to fight Dawson, Diaconu, Cloud, the only ones i would steer clear from for now are Hopkins and Pascal. Dawson doesn't move, Clev would outwork him, Diaconu isn't in Nath's league and Cloud has struggled with tomato cans so Nathan has nothing to fear there.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:17 pm

Hopkins and Pascal are the top class fighters in the division, in my mind you're not a genuine world champion before you beat one of the divsions best, Braehmer benefitted from the americans not really caring about the WBO title, doubt Cleverly would be a 'world champion' if one of the yanks held the title. At the moment Cloud has done far more than Cleverly, Woods, Johnson, Gonzalez and Mack are hardly tomato cans.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Hopkins and Pascal are the top class fighters in the division, in my mind you're not a genuine world champion before you beat one of the divsions best, Braehmer benefitted from the americans not really caring about the WBO title, doubt Cleverly would be a 'world champion' if one of the yanks held the title. At the moment Cloud has done far more than Cleverly, Woods, Johnson, Gonzalez and Mack are hardly tomato cans.

Good job your not a belt organization or pundit then eh
Cleverly would of comfortably beaten Johnson, Woods, Gonzalez, Mack, who's Mack?, Gonzalez? what have they done? Cloud's had an easy, easy path to the title he fought a guy in Woods who was comfortably battered by a extremely overrated Tarver 2 years before he fought Cloud. Cleverly would beat any of the yanks apart from Hopkins imo. Just not at all impressed with Dawson, Pascal comfortably beat him up, he was awful against Diaconu, how many more times do we have to watch the same drill, a guy who daren't commit himself. Also not really caring about the WBO title, yet Lopez' title fights were WBO before he got exposed, Daniel Jacobs' first title fight against Pirog was WBO, and he got absolutely smashed to bits.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:33 pm

So you think Dawson, Cloud, Hopkins or Pascal have the WBO title on their radars? Of course they haven't they've got far bigger fish to fry namely eachother, Cleverly may have beaten Johnson, Woods or Gonzalez but it wouldn't be as easy as your making out, Johnson is a guy who gave Froch hell last time out, someone who is quite clearly a few levels above Cleverly at the present time. Gonzalez has only beaten a little know polish fighter called Dariusz Michalczewski, granted Julio is a bit long in the tooth but it's still a sterner test than anything Cleverly has faced. Your right of course Woods and Tarver are useless as well, not like they were top ranking light heavyweights for years and the first person to legitimately beat Jones Jr must be useless. Yusuf Mack is a skillful fighter who lacks power, he always gives a good account of himself before he eventually gets walked down.

Murat, Mohammedi and Kuziemski are clearly the level of fighter you prove yourself to be world class against

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:38 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:So you think Dawson, Cloud, Hopkins or Pascal have the WBO title on their radars? Of course they haven't they've got far bigger fish to fry namely eachother, Cleverly may have beaten Johnson, Woods or Gonzalez but it wouldn't be as easy as your making out, Johnson is a guy who gave Froch hell last time out, someone who is quite clearly a few levels above Cleverly at the present time. Gonzalez has only beaten a little know polish fighter called Dariusz Michalczewski, granted Julio is a bit long in the tooth but it's still a sterner test than anything Cleverly has faced. Your right of course Woods and Tarver are useless as well, not like they were top ranking light heavyweights for years and the first person to legitimately beat Jones Jr must be useless. Yusuf Mack is a skillful fighter who lacks power, he always gives a good account of himself before he eventually gets walked down.

Murat, Mohammedi and Kuziemski are clearly the level of fighter you prove yourself to be world class against

Yeah they do, Cloud wanted to fight Cleverly before he became a champ, Hopkins said last week he wanted the fight. Tarver is overhyped, he got battered by Eric Harding, got schooled by a true fighter in B-Hop on a loss, he beat the Jones who had just lost about 4 clem in muscle, Clinton Woods was awful, he beat Johnson, a journeyman and that's it, he was schooled by a average Tarver. Your knocking Nathan's opponents, but i suggest you seriously look at Zuniga, Mack.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

I honestly think Clev will lose as soon as he steps up in class. His defence is awful and I would actually fancy Bellew to give him a decent scrap and lets face it he is pretty average.

Burns would be cannon fodder in any other era. He doesn't even punch properly which shows his blatant limitations.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

I agree Cleverlys opposition is clearly better than that of Clouds despite none of them ever doing anything

Woods is awful despite beating good fighters in Johnson, Gonzalez and Hoye, Tarver was awful too as were Gonzalez and Johnson, glad you've cleared that up for me. If only they were as good as Mohammedi and Murat

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:So you think Dawson, Cloud, Hopkins or Pascal have the WBO title on their radars? Of course they haven't they've got far bigger fish to fry namely eachother, Cleverly may have beaten Johnson, Woods or Gonzalez but it wouldn't be as easy as your making out, Johnson is a guy who gave Froch hell last time out, someone who is quite clearly a few levels above Cleverly at the present time. Gonzalez has only beaten a little know polish fighter called Dariusz Michalczewski, granted Julio is a bit long in the tooth but it's still a sterner test than anything Cleverly has faced. Your right of course Woods and Tarver are useless as well, not like they were top ranking light heavyweights for years and the first person to legitimately beat Jones Jr must be useless. Yusuf Mack is a skillful fighter who lacks power, he always gives a good account of himself before he eventually gets walked down.

Yeah they do, Cloud wanted to fight Cleverly before he became a champ, Hopkins said last week he wanted the fight. Tarver is overhyped, he got battered by Eric Harding, got schooled by a true fighter in B-Hop on a loss, he beat the Jones who had just lost about 4 clem in muscle, Clinton Woods was awful, he beat Johnson, a journeyman and that's it, he was schooled by a average Tarver. Your knocking Nathan's opponents, but i suggest you seriously look at Zuniga, Mack.

So you think Clev is a deserving champion and has took a difficult route to his world title?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

Towser, Hopkins also mentioned a lot of other guys as 'opponents'. He does it to keep his name in the headlines, that's all.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Hopkins and Pascal are the top class fighters in the division, in my mind you're not a genuine world champion before you beat one of the divsions best, Braehmer benefitted from the americans not really caring about the WBO title, doubt Cleverly would be a 'world champion' if one of the yanks held the title. At the moment Cloud has done far more than Cleverly, Woods, Johnson, Gonzalez and Mack are hardly tomato cans.

Ha what rubbish! Hopkins I agree with but Jean Claude "4 rounds" Pascal! Laugh

Cloud is a slugger with no head movement who fights around once in a sloar eclipse and Gonzalez was as old as the sun when he fought him, Johnson was unlucky not to get the nod and also old, Woods was old too and haven't heard much of this Yusaf Mack.

I think Cleverly may just lose to Cloud but think it would be a great fight that Cleve could win in a year to 18 months.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Macca has a few more KTFO to offer us at LH it seems, Clev could knock him out cold tho as he has no power

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Remembered for flying the Warren WBO flagship in this Country.....

Alex Arthur - Guzman wouldn't fight him, had beaten Gogoladze in interim fight, deserved the title
Ricky Burns - Took a genuine champ in Martinez to school, deserved the title
Nathan Cleverly - Beat Murat in interim fight, Braehmer wouldn't come to fight, won vacant title, deserved the title
Joe Calzaghe - Beat Eubank, deserved the title

mmmmm lovely jubbly

Burns didn't take him to school though, it was fairly close. Likewise Cleverly doesn't deserve to be called a champion after being given the belt. Calzaghe again, fought a past-it Eubank for a VACANT belt. Typical Warren nonsense.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down