The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title

+12
HM Murdock
carrieg4
Mad for Chelsea
FedsFan
Danny_1982
Born Slippy
LuvSports!
JuliusHMarx
socal1976
lydian
User 774433
invisiblecoolers
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title - Page 4 Empty Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

For all gamesmanship thingy raised in this forum, let me bring a stat, I guess most of the forum members who watched the match between Del Po and Djoko are aware of it, Djoko cheated a point and the momentum from Del Boy.

Del Po was up a set and a break in 2nd set, in the mid of the 2nd set Del Po played a great drop shot, and it double bounced just before it hit the racket of Djoko, Djoko should be clearly aware of it , yet he claimed the point, poor Del Po could do nothing than carry on with the game, a good sportsmanship would be to either concede the point or go to the umpire and explain that he is unsure whether the ball was double bounce or not, but rather he kept the point enroute to win and the title.

In my view it just shows Nole is desperate for win and wanted to win somehow rather than genuinely beat the opponents out with the skill, I remember the same country men Tipsy concede the point several times in his career to the opponent when the point didn't belong to him, hope in the future Djoko learns something from his close friend. At the end of the day Nole know his win is a bit tainted and didn't come 100% genuine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvaAaDVBBa8

Link added above , it clearly shows DP was furious that nobody accounted the double bounce.

Last edited by invisiblecoolers on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title - Page 4 Empty Re: Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:38 pm

laverfan wrote:
None of these players are saints, and never will be, no matter what their respective fans want them to be.

Yup Lf thumbsup , and neither their respective fans want them to be saints but the fans of the respective player find different ways to critic the other players which in our forum [and the old BBC] is the main theme. mad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title - Page 4 Empty Re: Novak cheated a point enroute to winning the title

Post by carrieg4 Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm

laverfan wrote:None of these players are saints, and never will be, no matter what their respective fans want them to be.

Exactly, I can't think of a single player who has never used gamesmanship.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
laverfan wrote:None of these players are saints, and never will be, no matter what their respective fans want them to be.

Stefan Edberg?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:

Stefan Edberg?

Not sure of it either, I haven't watched him play much since he was before my times, but I can say from mid 90's there is no one champ who you can the Gent version of Mother Teresa.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:56 pm

she was far from perfect!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 17 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

LuvSports! wrote:she was far from perfect!

she? laughing , do u hate SE that much?

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 17 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

not one of your best....

it was in reference to you saying 'the gent version of mother teresa'.

she was no saint!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:Yes Del Po won the point, but Djoko clearly try to cheat the point.

You stated that he tried to "claim the point" which is clearly not true and your article gives the impression that he won it. Misleading.

Normally I would say that players know when it bounced twice, but it's so close we can't be absolutely sure. And I doubt this had any effect on the match.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 19 Nov 2012, 4:53 pm

Henman Bill wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:Yes Del Po won the point, but Djoko clearly try to cheat the point.

You stated that he tried to "claim the point" which is clearly not true and your article gives the impression that he won it. Misleading.

Normally I would say that players know when it bounced twice, but it's so close we can't be absolutely sure. And I doubt this had any effect on the match.

Well Djoko did try to claim the point coz he played it and had no courtesy to accept ot was double bounce when Del Po was arguing with Chair umpire.

Normally it would be so close but in this case it wasn't even close and from Djoko's angle and side angle it was way too clear it was double bounce and yet Djoko played and went back silently when poor DP questioning umpire regarding it. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

At no point did Djoko try to claim the point! He played the ball because it was too late to pull out and about .25 seconds later Delpo had hit a winning volley.
It wasn't even that clear on TV, so probably wasn't clear to Djoko and even if it wasn't the point was over before he could have 'owned up'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:11 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
laverfan wrote:
None of these players are saints, and never will be, no matter what their respective fans want them to be.

Yup Lf thumbsup , and neither their respective fans want them to be saints but the fans of the respective player find different ways to critic the other players which in our forum [and the old BBC] is the main theme. mad

It is rather Crying or Very sad that Tennis fandom is so divisive. Wish it was not.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4