The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Son of my father

5 posters

Go down

Son of my father Empty Son of my father

Post by newballs Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

Some of us on this forum are old enough to remember this one. A hit for Chicory Tip way back then - and here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIuBhS70sio

The reason for posting it? Well, Novak dedicated his victory to his unwell dad and rather than post on some thread slagging the guy off for a supposed misdemeanor against del Potro I'd rather pay respect where respect is due.

So get well soon Mr. Djokovic snr and a plague of locusts on all those who'd rather take issue with his son's achievements.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Son of my father Empty Re: Son of my father

Post by socal1976 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:42 pm

Great post newballs, it is sad what has happened but it seems like Novak's dad is going to pull through. I guess this was the unspoken rumor that we were hearing about around wimbeldon and the summer hardcourt season.

Lets remember Djoko's dad literally staked his life on his kid's tennis career a middle class man in a third world country financing really a human thoroughbred on his own with now USTA or LTA millions to garner. He borrowed money from loan sharks at 15 and 20 percent a month. So the guy did all he could for Novak and I am sure it has had an effect on him. Get well and best wished to Novak's family.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

newballs wrote:... and a plague of locusts on all those who'd rather take issue with his son's achievements.

I would not wish this even on people I consider unfriendly. zen

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:01 pm

mugabe maybe

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:41 pm

People take a lot of cheap shots at Novak's family but everyone has a backstory and they seem like good and warm people to me with their warts like everyone else. I will never forget their family wide matching sweat suits at the AO 2008 I think spelling out NOLE with the each letter represented by one of the brothers or parents. I found it corney and cheesy but very heartwarming in a funny way. Good luck to all of them.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

I don't wish illness on anyone so good luck, but I'm afraid the Djokovic parents come across as without any grace. Gloating in victory is perhaps one of the most unpleasant of behaviours, and they do it in spades.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

LuvSports! wrote:mugabe maybe

I prefer International Court of Justice @Hague. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content