The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where will your team be come 2015 RWC?

+12
Warthog
profitius
BigTrevsbigmac
RubyGuby
Brendan
disneychilly
LondonTiger
kiakahaaotearoa
RogerLewis
rodders
Pot Hale
HERSH
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where will your team be come 2015 RWC? Empty Where will your team be come 2015 RWC?

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:18

England

IMO I think we’ll have an outside chance of winning if the fixtures are kind to us, I don’t think we’ll be the best team in the tournament but I like what SL is developing, OK it’s not ground breaking but everyone knows what they are doing which wasn’t always the case under MJ, plus I feel we are a team as apposed to a group of players coming together every now and then.

I’m also very happy with the talented players starting to come through.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Where will your team be come 2015 RWC? Empty Re: Where will your team be come 2015 RWC?

Post by Pot Hale Fri 16 Nov - 13:21

In England presumably.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Where will your team be come 2015 RWC? Empty Re: Where will your team be come 2015 RWC?

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:25

Pot Hale wrote:In England presumably.

Wales won't be
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Nov - 13:26

HERSH wrote:

Wales won't be

Where will they be?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:27

Seeing as they'll be playing in Cardiff my moneys on Poland. Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 13:29

HERSH wrote:England

IMO I think we’ll have an outside chance of winning if the fixtures are kind to us, I don’t think we’ll be the best team in the tournament but I like what SL is developing, OK it’s not ground breaking but everyone knows what they are doing which wasn’t always the case under MJ, plus I feel we are a team as apposed to a group of players coming together every now and then.

2003 gets further away every year.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 16 Nov - 13:30

Up in the stands holding the World Cup up.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:31

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are we Roger!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:34

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Up in the stands holding the World Cup up.

Really Kia?

I was very disappointed with the All Blacks last week I think your starting to decline in terms of performance as Carter and McCaw get older, I expect SA, Aus, Fra and England to be on the up by 2015.

You never know you might get to play France again at the MS?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov - 13:34

HERSH wrote:

Wales won't be

Not wanting to turn this into yet another Wales v England thing but...... what the hell: If Wales get to play at home (big if at the moment too, and it will not be against a tier 1 side we've been told) it will be no different to the 1999 World Cup hosted by Wales where England played all of their group matches and their 1/4 final at home in Twickenham. Silly really, but that's what was decided.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 16 Nov - 13:38

Griff wrote:If Wales get to play at home (big if at the moment too, and it will not be against a tier 1 side we've been told) it will be no different to the 1999 World Cup hosted by Wales where England played all of their group matches and their 1/4 final at home in Twickenham. Silly really, but that's what was decided.

1/4 final was in Paris. sat behind the posts, cold wind whippiing through the gap in the stadium, Jannie de Beer knocking over 78 drop goals. A day I will never, ever forget.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 16 Nov - 13:39

I reckon we'll dip in 2013-2014 as SA and Australia come to the fore again. We'll struggle to replace Conrad Smith and the hookers but by 2015 we should be on an upward curve again and hopefully that leads to exactly where Kia says we will be.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov - 13:41

LondonTiger wrote:
Griff wrote:If Wales get to play at home (big if at the moment too, and it will not be against a tier 1 side we've been told) it will be no different to the 1999 World Cup hosted by Wales where England played all of their group matches and their 1/4 final at home in Twickenham. Silly really, but that's what was decided.

1/4 final was in Paris. sat behind the posts, cold wind whippiing through the gap in the stadium, Jannie de Beer knocking over 78 drop goals. A day I will never, ever forget.

Ah yes, it was the semi at Twickenham. So to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Nov - 13:42

France to beat Argentina in the final via some controversial ref calls by Alain Rolland... you heard it here first Wink.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:44

LondonTiger wrote:

The awesome power of a drop goal used to it's finest. Sad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 16 Nov - 13:45

For Ireland it is as follows

I think that we will have our four provences playing strong breakdown providing quick ball for us and slow down the opposition.
I think it will have fed through to the national side by then.
We will have a decent 6 Nations winning all our home games and contesting away games. (I think all but italy will be competing and Italy will be good for 70 mins)

I would hope to get atleast second in the group and be pushing for first.

To be honest I think NZ will be felling the financial pinch by than and they will be losing players overseas, but due to their ego/pride/sustainablity they will still have the "no overseas players" policy maybe changed to no non S15 players.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 16 Nov - 13:45

France to beat New zealand in the semi final after contensious calls by ref Rolland and TJs Barnes & Walsh.

France get blown away in the final by Australia who have rebounded well from the Deans years under their new coach Warren Gatland (appointed in the summer of 2013 after the 3-0 drubbing suffered at the hands of the Lions)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 13:47

LondonTiger wrote:France to beat New zealand in the semi final after contensious calls by ref Rolland and TJs Barnes & Walsh.

France get blown away in the final by Australia who have rebounded well from the Deans years under their new coach Warren Gatland (appointed in the summer of 2013 after the 3-0 drubbing suffered at the hands of the Lions)

Where will your team be come 2015 RWC? 1347041234 you might have a point there.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 16 Nov - 13:51

You can now get 3/1 on England for the 2013 6 Nations Hersh - As 3rd favourites you need to get your money on quick before they are ranked number 1 in the world thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov - 13:53

Wales:
Struggle in the group, maybe make the 1/4s but be criticised heavily for not destroying the opposition. Put up a decent fight in the 1/4 final but bow out to one of either SA, NZ or OZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 16 Nov - 13:58

I do think that it will be 2 NH in the top 4.

If Aus loose to England can they get back in if Eng beat the bokes

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 16 Nov - 14:05

HERSH wrote:
kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Up in the stands holding the World Cup up.

Really Kia?

I was very disappointed with the All Blacks last week I think your starting to decline in terms of performance as Carter and McCaw get older, I expect SA, Aus, Fra and England to be on the up by 2015.

You never know you might get to play France again at the MS?

I think those teams you mention all have some growth in them and the first two teams will benefit from the injuries they have at present in terms of finding out the best players when everyone is fit and ready to go. You could probably add Argentina to that list who are on the up and they might well go further than the semis like they did in 2011.

I really don't know who will win as the groups are important. I'm hopeful a few good sides will tumble down the rankings and be in the ABs' pool in 2015 as I think we perform better when we have genuine opposition than teams who rest their best players because they think the game is already lost.

If we face France in the quarters at MS I'll be packing myself but we tend to react to disappointments well and I'd expect if Richie were still playing then he'd know what to do.

Anyway a bit of Friday fun but until we know the groups, it's all speculation. One thing's for sure, I've made a promise to myself that I will be there at the final regardless of who the teams are. The missus is already aware of that. Choose your battles...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 14:07

I'd love a Wales v England Final, I might be tempted to splash the cash for that fixture too.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 16 Nov - 14:24

Who said anything about paying for a ticket. I'm going to be the ref. Very Happy

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov - 14:28

HERSH wrote:I'd love a Wales v England Final, I might be tempted to splash the cash for that fixture too.

I think it would be a bigger deal for us Welsh than you English, if truth be told.

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 14:29

Griff wrote:
HERSH wrote:I'd love a Wales v England Final, I might be tempted to splash the cash for that fixture too.

I think it would be a bigger deal for us Welsh than you English, if truth be told.

What making the Final!
Whistle
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov - 14:31

HERSH wrote:
Griff wrote:

What making the Final!
Whistle

drumroll

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 14:32

I think we're done here.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Fri 16 Nov - 14:57

RubyGuby wrote:You can now get 3/1 on England for the 2013 6 Nations Hersh - As 3rd favourites you need to get your money on quick before they are ranked number 1 in the world thumbsup

I'd certainly wait a few weeks if your going to back Wales Whistle

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 15:29

England should win the 2015 world cup based on their 2011 performance.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 15:33

RogerLewis wrote:England should win the 2015 world cup based on their 2011 performance.

We are due to make another final!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 16 Nov - 15:48

For us Paddies, I expect Kidney to leave in may. Who knows who will replace him. Joe Schmidt is the man people want.

The new coaches will have an ageing, injury hit squad to deal with and they'll need time to implement their own gameplan.

The next generation of Irish players are just coming through at the moment and the overall quality of the side will be much stronger by 2015 and thats taking into account the losses of BOD and POC. The problem positions like tighthead and center will have some good options, finally.

What will help Ireland is the new NIQ rules next season that says in the big 3 provinces there can only be 1 NIQ player per position ie 1 NIQ loosehead, 1 NIQ hooker etc in the 3 provinces combined.

It still doesn't go far enough IMO but its a start. We've only 4 teams, Connacht are just finding their feet, that leaves 18 NIQ players playing for the other 3 provinces at the moment which is far too much. Add in the current internationals and former internationals (Paddy Wallace, Marcus Horan etc) it leaves very little space for new players.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Warthog Fri 16 Nov - 15:55

Joe Schmidt will be back in New Zealand in June.

We'll probably end up with Foley or someone like that...

Anyway, we could be knocked out in the pool by Scotland or someone like that, or, we will scrape 2nd in a pool and get beaten out the gate by either France or Australia, as per usual.

Warthog

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 15:55

HERSH wrote:
RogerLewis wrote:England should win the 2015 world cup based on their 2011 performance.

Where is your Italy to win the grandslam article?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 16:00

RogerLewis wrote:
HERSH wrote:

Where is your Italy to win the grandslam article?

?

I take it you saw our 2007 team that reached the final, IMO this current set of players are already a match for them, give them a couple more years to grow and find their feet in the International game them I believe we'll be in a very strong position, home advantage too. Yahoo
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 16:08

This is not 1991. Other teams can now beat England in England.

Also no Gavin Hastings thank god.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 16:10

Thanks for that input Roger thumbsup

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 16 Nov - 16:12

England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Argentina, France, Australia, SA

IMO I think they’ll have an outside chance of winning if the fixtures are kind to them, I don’t think they’ll be the best team in the tournament but I like what the coaches are developing, OK it’s not ground breaking but everyone knows what they are doing which wasn’t always the case under previous coach, plus I feel they are a team as apposed to a group of players coming together every now and then.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 16 Nov - 16:12

I take it you saw our 2007 team that reached the final, IMO this current set of players are already a match for them

I'd say most U20's teams are a match for them Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov - 16:15

Pot Hale wrote:England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Argentina, France, Australia, SA

IMO I think they’ll have an outside chance of winning if the fixtures are kind to them, I don’t think they’ll be the best team in the tournament but I like what the coaches are developing, OK it’s not ground breaking but everyone knows what they are doing which wasn’t always the case under previous coach, plus I feel they are a team as apposed to a group of players coming together every now and then.

Fixed it for you pot thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 16 Nov - 16:17

HERSH wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Argentina, France, Australia, SA

Fixed it for you pot thumbsup

Nope you didn't.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 16:19

I love the delusion that had been created by England scraping past Italy and Scotland. Apparently they can now win the world cup.

I hope beating Fiji isn't giving you false hope?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 16:20

England were so close to taking over the world, but then this happened..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgfGlbkrII&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Nov - 16:26

RogerLewis wrote:I love the delusion that had been created by England scraping past Italy and Scotland. Apparently they can now win the world cup.

No but the Grandslam next year will do nicely. Very Happy How did the Welsh game go last week? laughing

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 16 Nov - 16:31

Come on Duty, your better than that mate (I hope)

Not sure why we are talking about the world cup yet, what is it with you HERSH, are you trying to set a record for threads created?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 16:32

Duty281 wrote:
RogerLewis wrote:I love the delusion that had been created by England scraping past Italy and Scotland. Apparently they can now win the world cup.

No but the Grandslam next year will do nicely. Very Happy How did the Welsh game go last week? laughing

It went very bad. Thank goodness we're current grandslam champions? When did England last win the slam? Remember the slam is easy to win as it's only against weak European nations.

Was it 2012? No that was Wales...
How about 2010? No that was France...
Surely 2009?? Nope was Ireland, who win every 67 years..

2008? No it was Wales...
2005? No, still Wales....

It was 2003!!!! In a couple of months we will be saying, "England, champions of the world but not a slam in 10 years. How did the minnows next door win 3?"

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 16 Nov - 16:33

Duty281 wrote:

Absolutely hammered. By the 5th Best Team In The World
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 16 Nov - 16:40

RogerLewis wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

It went very bad. Thank goodness we're current grandslam champions? When did England last win the slam? Remember the slam is easy to win as it's only against weak European nations.

2008? No it was Wales...

It was 2003!!!! In a couple of months we will be saying, "England, champions of the world but not a slam in 10 years. How did the minnows next door win 3?"

Grand slams are easy. The ABs have managed it every time they've attempted one in the last decade Wink

I really don't get anglo-welsh rugby willy measuring contests. Small vs smaller ... Whistle

My money's on South Africa to win RWC 2015. No-one's ever successfully defended it (Australia 2003 came closest, followed by Eng 2007) so NZ are unlikely to hold on.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 16:42

New Zealand will win it again unless that meet France.

England will win it again if they can avoid NZ, Australia, SA, France, Argentina, Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Italy.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Nov - 16:47

Pot Hale wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Absolutely hammered. By the 5th Best Team In The World

So Wales are nowhere being the 5th best in the World, interesting.

RogerLewis wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

2008? No it was Wales...

Now when did Wales last win the World Cup? Whistle When did Wales last reach the final of a World Cup? Oh dear. Still, as the NH's 3rd best nation, they don't do such a bad job.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next