The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015?

+5
The Bachelor
Nematode
Golden
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
majesticimperialman
9 posters

Go down

How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015? Empty How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015?

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 16 Mar 2014, 18:05

After watching all the games yesterday i was left thinking how many of the players that played yesterday will be around for the 2015 RWC?

Take England for example.

England have arelativley young team. So barring injuries every body should be avalible.

What about Ireland.

Forget BOD He has gone. What about Poc and Darcey? Will they make it to the RWC.

Wales.

Will the likes of Gethin Jenkins and Adam Jones be  avalible. Gethin does seem to get YC alott and Adam does seem to struggle with the new Scrum Laws?

Scotland.

Will Jim Hamilton make it to 2015?

France

Are like England really a young team so should not have any problems.

discuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015? Empty Re: How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015?

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun 16 Mar 2014, 20:43

One thing is for sure this YOUNG English team will be packed to the rafters with its youthful TALENT come 2015 and onwards just as planned by the RFU.

Wales will be screwed come 2015 with all their top 35 players approaching 50years old in the space of the next 18months.

Ireland have never won a game with out BOD as documented so can't see them doing much anymore.

Oh no wait I just realized I don't base my opinion on media hype and headlines! Two words Madge ...Brad Thorne.

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015? Empty Re: How many of your team will be around for the RWC 2015?

Post by Golden Sun 16 Mar 2014, 20:55

Theres a lot of very talented players that werent included in the Irish match day squads so the World cup team may look very different. However they should all be still playing except for BOD obviously. DArcy and Ross are the most likely to be replaced but both had good championships so could very well be still in the team.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:09

Will we (Scotland) even be still playing rugby by 2015?

I think for us we can say we'll probably only see - out of the XV:

Grant, Gray, Denton, Scott, Dunbar, Hogg

From Injury:

Beattie, Rennie, (Barclay), Visser, Maitland, Horne

Young/inexperienced:

J Gray, Macarthur, Gilchrist, Welsh, Hart, Bennett

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bachelor Sun 16 Mar 2014, 22:24

Wales: all of them! Especially Priestland and Phillips.

The Bachelor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 17 Mar 2014, 09:38

Will Jim Hamilton make it to 2015?

Question there should be do they want him to make it!!??

The majority of England players will be there. Corbisieru might not be.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 17 Mar 2014, 09:46

majesticimperialman wrote:
What about Ireland.

Forget BOD He has gone. What about Poc and Darcey? Will they make it to the RWC.

No O'Driscoll but everyone else is contracted to the RWC and beyond. O'Connell will be captain I'm sure unless there's an alarming dip in form or fitness and given his recent form he looks in great nick.

D'arcy had a great tournament but Luke Marshall is breathing down his neck. Mike Ross too is no longer an 80min man (maybe never was) so building depth behind him and Moore is important at TH.

I think although we have plenty of 30 somethings in and around the squad, there is plenty of youth and depth there in most positions.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 17 Mar 2014, 21:08

I think possibly Jenkins, A Jones, R Jones and Phillips may not be about, all others with recent involvement with the squad are young enough to be there.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 18 Mar 2014, 01:13

Ireland had the oldest team by far in the 6 nations. Next year they'll all be a year older but with BOD gone it will bring down the average age a bit.

Its BODs last hurrah but I think D'Arcy too will slip down the pecking order in the squad. Marshall is getting better and there are plenty of others who could come on strong next season.

Can't see too many other changes unless a dramatic loss in form.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down